Who would you like to see from the PvP community get on the Council

Who would you like to see from the PvP community get on the Council.

I put my name in there, but I’d rather see Inemia get it, I think Inemia love PvP as much as I do.

What’s gonna make me mad if they give it all to the streamers If they do that they’re not looking to help WoW they’re just looking to promote.

4 Likes

I can’t think of any because it seems like most prolific posters think gear should be a thing in randoms.

12 Likes

I think Inemia is a good one, he is still active and you actually see him inside the game/playing the content.

I imagine they’ve gotten thousands and thousands of applications by now, but it would definitely be nice to see at least a few familiar names/forums people in there. I put in an application as well.

If they just fill it with streamers and “yes-men” green MVPs, big yikes lol… that would be the ULTIMATE “let them eat cake” slap in the face of the playerbase, both these forums and reddit will go up in flames :grimacing:

2 Likes

If by pvp community you mean these forums, then no one.

2 Likes

Big Dozer.

2 Likes

You and Inemia seem like a good candidates

4 Likes

Bynir and/or Inemia would be pleasant to see.

1 Like

Why does it matter. It’s all a sham to make the weak minded believe they are being listened to.

Why would you need a council when you have thousands of posts telling you what’s wrong with your crappy PvP expansion.

20 Likes

I like doing polls and getting feedback that way, I’m not sure Blizzard wants to go that route.

Me and Inemia do disagree on a few things, but I do respect Inemia opinion. I think Inemia would stand up to them, and tell them if it was a bad ideal or good ideal.

1 Like

thanks for the nod but im too busy right now. 2tile jobs,a bathroom/bedroom remodel where im putting a hottub IN the floor and its still harvest season.

1 Like

Eh, player voting is NOT a good idea for this type of thing.

Imagine streamers “automatically” winning every single election simply due to their masses of followers… regular/everyday players wouldn’t win a single seat :joy:

Even on the smaller scale “mega guilds” and large Discord communities would trade upvotes under-the-table among themselves… which casuals also can’t compete with.

Nobody here. This forum is full of bad players with stupid ideas. Putting anyone here on a council would turn PvP into garbage (even worse than you clowns think it is now).
Like 90% of posters here either have zero rated experience or are hardstuck 1200 players which still amounts to basically zero experience because at that rating it’s just random BGs but with discord. They don’t even know what actual PvP is.
Most of the people who would have any good input on PvP don’t post here.

9 Likes

true & real

2 Likes

Just because somebody is good at Arenas or RBG’s, don’t make them know everything that they need to know about PvP. I bet there are a lot of casual players out there that know a lot about PvP.

Take someone’s got like 8 to 10 different toons he may not have much rated experience, but he got a lot of PvP experience on many different toons. I will bet money that there are a lot more players that play random battlegrounds, than ones that plays rated. Does that make anyone know more than the other, no.

PVP experience comes from PVP it does not always have to be rated.

14 Likes

doesn’t that player only play epic bgs? we need someone with a more versatile game play

2 Likes

If they haven’t push rated then the only thing that they do know is random BG PvP, which means nothing. The difference in dynamic between rated and random is a chasm which will never be crossed until you’ve played it for a while. I sure as hell would not want a council consisting of players whose gameplay is premade HK farming in epics.

Playing 10 different toons does not make you good at PvP. Doesn’t even make you good at 10 different toons.

Yes. Absolutely. 100%.
Players who push rated end up being better than players who confine themselves to random BGs. This is not debatable lmao.

PvP experience comes from pushing against reasonably equal players and teams who have reason to win and are trying their best to beat you. That is not the case in random BGs. A council does not need to consists of strictly rated players, but anybody who has not pushed rated does not have valuable experience to the point of giving meaningful input on a council.

2 Likes

I can’t believe nobody has mentioned Abomb,the peoples shield

4 Likes

They can still provide feedback about causal side of PvP specifically. Providing feedback doesn’t always mean talking about high end. It’s Blizzards job to connect the various view points.

While overall balance issues are probably not something one should discuss without relevant experience, something like random BG player experience is absolutely something they can share.

6 Likes

You don’t need to be on a council to offer feedback. That is not what this council is for. The council will be soliciting feedback from others and encouraging discussions. People without pertinent experience and perspective are not the right people to be put in charge of doing this.

The council is clearly positioned to include casual players as well. They even have specified explicitly that PvP experience includes rated or unrated on the registration form. Now if that’s good or bad is up for another discussion outside of this topic.

6 Likes