Who would you like to see from the PvP community get on the Council

Yes they are a mix.
The odds of you encountering a full gladiator team vs your full fresh 60 team are closer to 0% than it is to 10%.

The power is in your hands to fix this “issue” of yours but you obviously aren’t willing or able to fix it and instead cry to Blizzard to come to the rescue. Insane. Yeah, I don’t want the game built around players like you.

No, there are entirely too many people that play WoW that are in the wrong genre. MMORPG, this isn’t Tekken or LoL.

Edit: The more I read your statement the more absurd I find it. Yeah, let’s change this game into one where it has as much depth as Candy Crush so people feel good about themselves.

“More people should quit” is a very strange take to see in the rough spot WoW is already in at the moment.

Do you really think the game would be better off if even more people stopped playing? How, exactly, does that work?
I’m genuinely asking because I can’t fathom the logic you’re running off here.

9 Likes

I never said full glad players against fresh 60’s. That’s something that you plugged in there yourself and then argued. Argue one of my points, not your own.

Is this a merry-go-round? We’ve been here before.

You are in the wrong game. I’m not talking about anything groundbreaking or game-altering. I’m talking about world of warcraft prior to Shadowlands. Everyone here is talking about World of Warcraft. It’s you who is lost in the newest iteration.

1 Like

The game has slowly changed for the worse over the years. It would probably be a healthy game if they made it closer to classic as far as feel goes and lose the newer players that hate MMORPGs and everything they are. This game is a time sink, it isn’t here for people that play 15 minutes a day, sorry.

You responded it to it at first but now it’s suddenly something you’re not willing to respond to :man_facepalming:

‘Yes they are a mix.
The odds of you encountering a full gladiator team vs your full max Honor geared team is closer to 0% than it is to 10%.’

Better?
Point being that both teams are mixed. They are not on opposite ends of a gear spectrum.

Newest iteration is all that matters. However, I am done wasting my time chatting with random bg cannon fodder participants. You have the tools to get yourself out of this “bind” you are in but would rather sit in your messy diapers crying for mom to come clean it up.

Good luck.

there are entirely too many people trying to box wow into their own personal definition of MMORPG.

you can make a good thing without going super bland in an attempt to appeal to the masses.

but i have to ask, what are you afraid of losing from a game overhaul that you vehemently defend the status quo?

Sometimes I’m being steamrolled and sometimes I’m the steamroller. It’s not often that I come across close games where both sides are evenly matched. I guess this leaves us at a standstill since I don’t have any evidence to support my point aside from my own personal experiences. I’m willing to bet that you don’t either.

Good, go back to the game. You’re outmatched here.

3 Likes

Now I can see how you are under the full control of Dunning Krueger. WoW.

And it’s not because of gear.
It’s because of the teams effectiveness, regardless of whether it is intended or accidental.

I do. The game.
Go enter a random BG and take a screenshot of the enemy team and your own team. We will compare their gear and we will see that it is a mixed range of ilvls as opposed to being on polar opposites of a gear spectrum.

Gear progression is fun? The ilvl gap is small enough that it is irrelevant. I don’t need Blizzard to hold my hand. This is an MMORPG. Why doesn’t PvE work this way? Two sets of gear, one starter and one end game.

Cause it is a dumb idea. I’ve been on record saying the ilvl gap should never be as huge as it has been, but this is always going to tilt people that are terrified of rated pvp.

Check out Streetfighter. Just plug and play. No customization, no gear you just pick a character and fight. Right up your alley.

This guy will look for every excuse under the sun and never turn the mirror on himself and get better. It is just “gear”. Dude is just bg cannon fodder.

this council will be as useless as the twitch council, none of this matters.

I’m honestly still completely lost as to how actively trying to make people quit is going to be better for the game. I truly cannot grasp your logic behind this.

I agree that going back to older designs and philosophies would be good, but fail to see why you want people to quit and how them quitting would achieve that.

Something that has to be faced is that the golden age of MMOs is long since past. People who quit are not quickly replenished, and as it has been since Wrath the player count will always be trending downwards.
Every quit is one step closer to the inevitable maintenance mode.

4 Likes

did you see the gearing system i suggested? you buy a base set of honor gear with gold from a vendor, you get no options on stats, its a template essentially, then you pvp to earn conquest to buy customized gear so you can build your own custom stat template. everyone in all gear is scaled to the same ilvl, which will be above PVE’s ilvl. since the barrier to entry is just a gold set, anyone can play, but if they dont want to actually play, they can buy their gear and be on their way. if they do want to pvp, they can then get some progression by custom tuning their stat template. the scaled ilvl can change over the course of the season so things don’t get stale.

what problems do you have with that system?

3 Likes

So you are willing to drop your entire “gear gap doesn’t exist” argument if someone can provide a screenshot of an ilvl imbalance in a random battleground?

And come on, you spoke so boldly about “It’s closer to 0% than it is 10%” as if you had some hidden statistic up your sleeve. But you have nothing? So you just made all that up?

Actually, I started this season with 197 ilvl and I now have 233. There’s some progression for ya. Meanwhile, you avoid topics that are too difficult for you to defend. If you fight in-game like you do on the forums then it’s no wonder why you’re defending the gear gap so much. You rely on it.

1 Like

I don’t have a ‘gear gap doesn’t exist’ argument. Nor did I say that there is no ilvl imbalance.
Try to pay attention if you’re going to participate in conversations.

I think we can find common ground on honor gear. Tbh, they can get rid of it as far as I am concerned. Just have conquest gear since there are far too many altoholics to combat this problem and at the very least, it shouldn’t take you 19 years to get full honor gear.

I think we aren’t far on that.

As far as rated gear goes, I don’t see a problem with 9.1.5s set up. You can argue about making the ilvl gap even smaller, but at the end of the day you are going to have to do some rated and you don’t even lose rating until 1400. I fail to see how hard this is for people.

I constantly fight people with better gear than I have and the first thing I think of when I lose isn’t ilvl. They usually get that ilvl on their own accord. Not always, but usually.

We just don’t see this very similar. I just like hitting a new bench mark and then using that honor that would otherwise be useless to upgrade. It’s fun.