Who would you like to see from the PvP community get on the Council

so im going to borrow a page from your book, you dont have CE, why should anyone listen to your opinion on raiding?

that’s not to say your opinion isn’t valid, in fact many pvpers are former washed up bored raiders, we all know it. but if i sit here and act like you don’t know the first thing about raiding because you don’t have CE if not every CE it feels a little off-putting doesn’t it?

Most on here has been pointing this out, don’t know if you’re understanding it or not, but I will give it a try. Just so you know, this is not my main Toon this expansion (Bddxd) and he’s still not highly rated.

To put it plain and simple, most of us don’t like doing rated battlegrounds or arenas, It’s just not our cup of tea and being forced to do it even makes it worse. If it weren’t for family and friends, I would not be doing anything rated at all, when we are capped out we mostly go back to doing regular BG’s.

The best gearing system that we’ve had, somebody already pointed this out, was mop/wod. Rated players got their gear quicker, but casual players could eventually get there and if I’m not mistaken, I think that was the last time WoW was at its peak.

3 Likes

Yes they do. You see it constantly on this forum and in arena forum.
Scrubberinos raging or making excuses for losing. Gear is the most popular of the scapegoats.

Why?
Rated BGs are nearly identical to random BGs, especially in low brackets. The primary difference in rated BGs being that you may have to actually say something once in a while. Is saying “inc LM” really so bothersome?

1 Like

It takes too long to form … the games are as you say same as a regular BG.

I have 1 to 1.5 hour to play after work typically . I can’t spend 30 mins of it waiting For a team to form which will then break as soon as 1 game is done . That’s why I decided to try arena to get some gear upgrades this season . Last season I tried rated BG’s but too much waiting around .

4 Likes

then balancing out gear would have the effect of righting the true wrongs and taking away the excuse of gear from “scrubberinos”.

Ok then form your own. With all the people here who complain that games take too long to form or that there are no games at all then you’d think forming your own would be an obvious suggestion. But it seems people would rather complain that make an effort of starting their own groups.

Last season? When?
Last season was the most popular point in the history of RBGs. Even halfway through the season I didn’t have to wait long on any alts to get into games. I could see toward the end of the season as it did die down pretty low.

Gear excuses have always been a thing. Even WoD gear era was rife with people whining that they lost enemy team had better gear.
The gear should be fixed, yes, but it’s not going to stop gear humpers from blaming anything except themselves for losses.

1 Like

say gear gets scaled to the same ilvl. then someone comes in an complains about gear being why they lost, we can just tell them they all have the same gear, so it must be something else. if they continue to insist that gear is the cause, then its obvious what the cause really is.

I played with family and friends, so it’s just a little bit better than what it was, but for some reason it’s still not as fun to me.

1. You spent a lot of time feeling the group.
  2. To be competitive, you had to have discord On top of that, you gotta put up with loud background noise farting into the mic crying baby so on so forth…
  3. The lead gets really mad and starts yelling into the mic.
  4. Someone doesn’t queue in or quits in the middle of a match.
  5. Then you spend another 20 to 45 minutes doing it all over again.

That’s just some of the things that I ran into in the past that’s made me hate rated battlegrounds.

2 Likes

Ya that’s what I meant last season was ok but still a little too much idle time . Plus how easily you can get into RBG’s depend on your class , playing an Ele shaman you are picked when the leader is desperate .

This season I started with RBG’s but the participation fell off a cliff so could only get to 1270 something before i gave up with the wait times and just did some 2’s . Atleast that is fast .

Disagree. I’m not even close to an “elite” player and plenty of people have better gear than I do and I still like the system. Gives you something to work towards. If you are that causal why do you even care?

PvE is not competitive in the same way as pvp. Having high ilvl gear doesn’t matter if you aren’t pushing higher level content. But in pvp no matter what level you are playing at having, 233 ilvl puts you at a disadvantage compared to anyone that does rated.

I will agree this is true. RBGs take forever to form and much of the reason is people leaving if the group isn’t ready in 5 minutes.

It 100% is. You just can’t handle losing in PvP.

Why wait for that when it is obvious now?

And good luck getting into teams if your ilevel is lower or if you’re playing a non-meta spec.

1 Like

All I play is Elemental and I will say that Elemental is far better than the forums/general public gives it credit for. It is hard to get into RBGs as Elemental but not impossible.

I’ll explain further then. To feel like you are contributing to a +5 or a normal raid (low end pve content) you don’t need to have full 239/246 heroic gear. But in random bgs (low end pvp) you are directly competing against people with potentially 26 ilvls higher than your own.

For pve gear matters if you want to push for higher difficulty content. For pvp gear always matters even at the lowest level.

1 Like

If everyone is the same ilvl similar to Legion, maybe.
If we have two flat gear sets like WoD, they’d still complain.
So many people will do anything to avoid looking at themselves as the reason for losing games. This is also something you see here a lot - if you suggest that their game issues are personal problems then you’re met with screeching and being told you’re elitist or a Blizz shill or toxic lmao.

Most of this is solved by forming your own groups. This also comes with the added benefit of developing a btag network of people to play with as well as discovering other networks and communities through the people you meet.
Not knowing how to lead is not an excuse to avoid that. It does not take long to learn. When I started leading it only took a couple days of reading/watching to understand maps and strats well enough to lead groups, and only a couple weeks to develop the confidence in knowing that I am making the right calls and handling teams effectively.

You can disagree all you want to, but most players prefer random battlegrounds are epic battlegrounds. Wow, is the only game I play online, and I’ve been playing it since BC.

We are like 4 months into the season bro. This is a complaint I would expect from only altoholics and the game has moved away from that since Legion. I don’t want a boring end game so Timmy can have 9 trash characters that are only good for cannon fodder in bgs.

I will say the ilvl gap was a problem and I believe 9.1.5 addressed that pretty well. We certainly don’t need 26-40 ilvl gaps in PvP but I think a 15 ilvl gap is perfectly fine especially how easy it is to get to 1200 gear which I believe is 246 ilvl right now.