Who would you like to see from the PvP community get on the Council

No, I’m encouraging you to spend one hour to get those things. Don’t be afraid of arena.

In BFA you got heroic gear via unrated grinding. … so it’s not the same .

Sure it does. The problem for people like you and the only reason you don’t like this argument is because you cannot stand losing to another player.

In SL you get conquest from random bgs. How much more casual does it get?

Another projection. I am enjoying “my game” just fine :slight_smile:

You should insinuating things that you “want” to feel as it’s “le cringe”.

There’s a difference between “hating my experience” versus attempting to discuss things and improve the game productively but then again someone like you comes in here and argues with everyone that disagrees with you and has fundamental comprehension issues; I kind of get why you have your problems.

Take care my guy :slight_smile:

I don’t care either way … I do just fine . That’s why I am still subbed . But seeing the queue times go up and up makes me certain that things are not correct as they are

You have nothing to offer this discussion and the only reason we are interacting is because you got in line to be addressed.

I know you have nothing to say here and you are trying to bow out graciously so I’ll allow it.

4 minute horde queues for random bgs. Wasn’t bad at all.

SL gives Base conquest gear . BFA gave heroic level gear . No difference ??

It’s pretty obvious that MOST of the playerbase is “casual”, almost all of the statistics show this. Players that spend most of their time in rated PvP are the minority (a loud minority, but still a minority).

Just a quick surface-level search reveals the following:

• S1 Combatant: 12% (wowhead) to 22% (dataforazeroth)
  • S2 Combatant: 6% (wowhead) to 5% (dataforazeroth)
  • S1 Challenger: 7% (wowhead) to 14% (dataforazeroth)
  • S2 Challenger: 4% (wowhead) to 4% (dataforazeroth)
  • S1 Rival: 4% (wowhead) to 8% (dataforazeroth)
  • S2 Rival: 2% (wowhead) to 2% (dataforazeroth)

Apart from showing a massive drop in PvP participation from S1 —> S2, we can safely assume that the PvP playerbase is mostly casual/unrated players since around ~80% don’t seem to ever get Combatant (the “beginner” bracket for rated).

A very very large % of the playerbase might queue up for some random BGs/epic BGs after getting home from work, maybe dabble in some wPvP while doing their dailies, and that’s about the extent of their interest in PvP :joy:

And even within this unrated/casual demographic, there are players that “only” play epic BGs or players that “only” play regular BGs - there are different tastes from different players. There are solo-queue players, players that mainly play BGs with a premade/community, players that only queue BGs w/ their guildies, etc etc.

So yes, there should absolutely be a few players that actually play from the unrated BG perspective/represent this majority ~80% of the playerbase.

This is especially true for epic BGs, where a lot of rated/arena junkie players almost never play the content at all (…other than to afk-farm honor for their conquest gear upgrades :roll_eyes: ), have little-to-no experience in them, and have no clue about current map imbalances and such.

8 Likes

Nope, full conquest gear from
Bgs is plenty. Now work up the nerves to hit 1k in any rated bracket and you are set.

Ok wow ouch man. If you’re gonna attack someone just attack THEM. No need to hit the rest of us too.

Not even close to addressing the large gear gap. The grind needs to go. No more of this rank it up 7 times to keep increasing it and then get a second set to then level up 7 times. PvP is it’s own reward. You think players like Inemia have racked up thousands of games played because they were bored? They did it because it was rewarding and fun.

It’s not an hour, and this is also an oversimplification. I play some 2s to get my conquest gear. There are tons of variables to consider. You don’t just “hop into it for an hour.” I can sure, I’m a BM spec’d hunter with decent gear. Who wouldn’t want to hop into a 2s with me? But that’s not always the case for other specs, and with some specs you need to run with the best comp. With the more undesirable specs good freaking luck.

Numbers speak for themselves

Alot more people played pvp in mop/wod and you see people begging blizz to bring that style of gearing back be it in games on forums {which if you saw the ptr forums it was the most viewed/highest replied forum}

while bfa sucked as well alot more people even preferred that as well.

SL more and more people quit each day even youtubers who have been super loyal have given up on sl. i have duelist on my main rival on another toon and challenger on another and i STILL think this system is trash

The only thing arena should give is titles.mount,elite set,the enchant for w/e color they make and that’s it. if they really want to involve gear then make it so the higher your rating is the faster you can get your gear. Done boom elite people like spirits will be happy while the majority of the player base will be happy with 1 conquest/1 honor set and no rating requirements

4 Likes

It really is though.

Look at you and I. I have mostly 233 PvP gear, either through unranked Conquest or maxed-out Honor gear. The difference between us is 14k HP and 9% Versatility

That’s just the difference between unranked and Rival.

what dont you like about it?

Boring and static. I haven’t raided since SoO. M+ is more fun IMO. Hate it this expansion though because the dungeons are terrible.

And you have plenty of gear to get 1200 rating in any bracket. That’s my point. The the gap is substantially smaller.

there is some truth to this statement. nobody minds losing to a better player, you may not like it or they may even be a bitter rival and you really hated to lose, but you know the loss was just. its when the loss does not feel just that players have a problem with losing.

if player A is objectively better than player B, then we would expect out of 100 duels for player A to have the majority of the wins if not 100% of them. what happens in player A’s mind when player B wins? and does so by pressing a single button or gets a lucky rng proc? player A is justifiably upset at losing, and he has every right to be.

1 Like

Ya I got upto to 1.2 k on my horde toon and will probably get it to 1.4 k . And I will do the same with this toon too . But I don’t like arena . Blizz is making me do something I don’t like to do what I like . Which is random BG’s. Is that a smart model for a video game ?

5 Likes