Who would you like to see from the PvP community get on the Council

no, the purpose for asking the question in the way you did is to try and make it sound like i am agreeing with you when in reality you are asking controlling questions. there’s no need to ask the question when we all know no council was used. so the point you are going to about that is really irrelevant and just a distraction. what did it really add to the conversation?

gearing can be part of it, but its not required. what makes an mmo an mmo is the players not the game, you can slay dragons in any fantasy game, but you play an mmo to slay dragons with friends.

wow lost sight of that, and the modern game has this system of rewarding power to the players who push harder and harder content, this has the effect of breaking up friendships and not letting people play with who they want to play. if you want to get 2100 so you can get best pvp gear, but your best friend is only 1400 capable, that is going to create a rift in your friendship.

additionally, calling people lazy is itself a lazy argument. if you don’t have a point beyond calling people lazy, then don’t say anything at all. a lot of casuals put in far more effort and gametime than rated players.

2 Likes

You are not going to have much luck interacting with someone who 1. Sees it as fine that a good majority of the playerbase quits due to simply not being able to remain competitive while having fun and 2. Continue to have either a fundamental misunderstanding or simple ignorance of the fact that they are not “not” doing rated because they are lazy, they simply don’t find the content fun.

In past expansions you were still behind if you didn’t do rated. You just didn’t lose automatically like you do now.

What’s ironic here is there seems to be some “competitive spirit” missing here lol.

3 Likes

No, the purpose was to expose your blatant lie. Anything else?

I enjoyed PvP in the expansions where unrated players caught up to rated players eventually. Rated players finished gearing up for PvP more quickly.

3 Likes

lie about what? you sound more like a TV talking head than someone with a point to make.

4 Likes

Okay mom. This is a compelling argument and one that I should take serious…give me a break whoever you are.

Yes, this is also obvious…what a troll. Get lost.

But here we are in SL and it seems like some folks think that it’s “laziness” as to why you don’t “bother” doing rated. It’s quite hilarious to imagine someone with that narrative sitting there typing away actually believing it to be reality :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I don’t like raiding. Can I get Mythic raid gear for being level cap? Make it take 2 months but can I just get a free piece every week?

If you don’t like raiding you simply don’t do it. But wait I just joined a random BG or fought some guy in the world and he had 30k more health than me. That’s what I find fun.

Oh wait, I need to PVP in a box to compete. To even have a small chance against this “rated” god since he does that all the time and is better without the gear and all of this goes on outside of the “rated” environment.

Who actually mentioned sitting around and getting gear for free. Wrong person bro!

#applesoranges #argumentdestroyed

5 Likes

#imgladplayerslikeyouarequitting
#bgqueuetimesarestill4minutesonhorde

You can get access to 246 ilvl in PvP in one day. If you don’t even bother to do that, do you really have a complaint to make?

Do you think I care what you think :slight_smile: ?

I can see you have major comprehension issues so you should probably stop while you are ahead.

#relaxcalmdowndontbemadbro

3 Likes

You were able to get conquest gear without doing rated content far longer than you were able to farm gear locked behind rating. You don’t need to explain to people what is and isn’t part of an MMORPG, but you do need to be explained how WoW has worked for a decade.

Prior to shadowlands as long as you were willing to put in some effort, you could be competitive. Now you need to put in effort on the path that they are forcing you on, and if you don’t do it, then you get nothing. WoW has always been a time = reward game. If you put in some time and effort you were rewarded with some appropriate gear. It wasn’t always the best gear, but it was always viable. The gear gap is the worst it’s ever been because of these design changes.

5 Likes

Yes. Yes you do, which is why you seek me out in threads desperately vying for my approval.

All the while doing content they enjoy. Imagine that!

This poor guy. I kind of feel for him lol.

I get it. This kind of gearing has been what a portion of the player base has wanted for a long time. It’s the same mentality from when LFR was released.

“They didn’t do it the way that I did so they shouldn’t get MY things”

Tale as old as time.

It’s not that they can’t … they don’t want to . There is a difference .

Well PvP participation is in the pits right now . Do you want this to continue ?

2 Likes

This is still true. You will get basic Conquest gear over time. The gear gap was fixed for the most part in PvP with 9.1.5.

1200 puts you within striking distance of most folks in random bgs. If you are unwilling to dedicate 1 hour to something you “obviously care deeply about enough to be on the forums over” then does it really matter to you or are you just bored at work like the rest of us?

Don’t. I’m not the person that is hating my experience in SL but too addicted to man up and quit.

1 Like

I don’t want to PvE, where is my free high end PvE gear?

You are not fighting other PvE geared players are you ?

This type of comparison does not hold true for PvP.

Does the LFR boss suddenly become mythic level ??