Who should land a killing blow on Sylvanas?

Let’s split the difference and give it to redeemed Kael’thas.

3 Likes

I do think that it is a certain kind of privilege to honestly suggest that Sylvanas should be redeemed. That might be controversial but whatever, she took out an entire city, thousands of innocents and CHILDREN. It was the biggest spit in the face to a PLAYABLE FACTION and somehow people still think she should be redeemed? if an Alliance character did HALF of that, you would never catch me saying they should be redeemed just to spite the Horde.

6 Likes

This is a nitpick but there’s a difference in believing that it will happen and wanting it to happen. I 500% believe they’re going to kerrigan her. I don’t want that, though.

1 Like

I totally agree, it’s gonna suck but we can all hope for the best <3

Can’t hope for anything anymore. What good is going to come out of Tyrande dying and Sylvanas and Nathanos being redeemed…

At some point you just have to accept that there won’t be a happy end for Night Elves

Undead risen Elune empowered Tyrande of course!

Last time we had this topic the general consensus was that everyone should form a line and take a swing at her like the loot pinata she was born to be.

1 Like

lol, way to ignore every other part of my post. Proves me right I guess.

The point of my response is to illustrate that yes, it sucks to be a night elf, but you’re literally not the only person suffering. Many players lost a lot, but instead of recognizing that, you want to continue to act as if night elf fans have gotten absolutely destroyed, ignored, humiliated and spat on unceasingly.

Do you have any idea how ignored gnomes are in the story? Do you want to say night elves got the worst end of the stick out of everyone?

Again, I’m not saying this to you to invalidate the crap hand nelves were dealt in BfA. But your mindset of eternal victimization is not only toxic for the forum, but I doubt it’s very healthy for your enjoyment of this game. Please just think about it. I know I’ve come off as abrasive, but just hear me out here.

This genuinely sounds like somebody who’s depressed and catastrophizing.

5 Likes

I’d like her to be killed, but if not killed, her butt needs to be thoroughly kicked.

Ideally, something akin to this:

1 Like

Genn nocks her into the Maw, she fires a chain arrow to climb back out but Tyrande intercepts it with one of her own arrows. Sylvanas disappears into the maw screaming but now destroyed. Similar to the ending in Legend she says we will never truly be free from her leaving the door open for her to return as a big bad later and worshipped by those who would see that return. Her victims take solace in what they believe to be her eternal suffering and defeat.

Taken down by “heroes”. The PC raid, and forever leave what faction actually did it ambiguous.

No dramatic NPC interference at all, the entire fight.

Wrathion flying through the air in slow-motion with a dagger…=P

jk /sarcasm off

Honestly I have no idea because if this were the case and she were to be a SL raid boss I’d imagine it’d be like BFA where nobody knew the final boss right up until the end and 8.3 hit. Same goes for Tyrande.

Call me old-fashioned but I miss Legion and just knowing what it is I’m gonna be fighting with no tricks involved, lol

Maybe it is. I know I have a low tolerance for angst and cynical storytelling because I’m mentally exhausted enough as it is and watching the Night Elves suffer humiliation after humiliation with no payoff has sucked tremendously. There’s little reason to believe things will be better.

7 Likes

This is true.

This is also true. The two are not mutually exclusive and when Horde players are willing to admit that they aren’t and stop acting like the raw deal they get dealt means our raw deal can never be fixed we can start talking about ways to fix both. Until then stay classy.

Adjusted slightly. Still seems apt.

:cactus:

The Forsaken effectively lost all of Lordaeron throughout the war campaign.
The Forsaken have lost their only method of reproduction, effectively dooming them.
The Forsaken have lost Sylvanas and Nathanos, both explicitly abandoned the race.
Can you say that Tyrande 100% will die in Shadowlands? Do you have the insider knowledge to guarantee such?

We seem to be running into the issue of echo chambering our worst fears and trying to pre-empt story decisions based on those fears.

7 Likes

Knowing the fact that Lore Characters don’t land killing blows on Final Bosses of a Expansion.

It will probably be us the Players instead of Characters like the Forsaken, Night Elves, and etc.

Remember the last time legion had the Orcs kill Kil’jaeden and etc? Not really. Remember Jaina killing Arthas or Muradin from Warcraft 3? Not really.

With any luck she’ll die in a quest like Garrosh did.

3 Likes

Tirion says hi.

:cactus:

Firstly.
I came back to the forums because I thought the high elf meltdown would be hilarious to watch. Very sad that did not pan out.

Secondly.
Despite having no active subs for weeks now… it seems i can post. So yey! I guess.
Unfortunately I see posts like this that just piss me off.

BFA was the most horde oriented expansion ever produced. You can’t even begin to compare how much more content the Horde got to address their storylines compared to alliance.

Case in point the 3 movie grade cinematics for 1 very misleading ingame cinematic that did not at all line up with the story.

Lol.
Why are you lying?
I recall our conversations, you absolutely detested any idea of the Alliance winning over the Horde in anyway.

How is alliance going to feel good about anything if you refuse to even consider HOW they will achieve it?

I want my reconquest of Alliance territory and punishing of Horde power fantasy questline.
You got yours. So where is mine? Blizzard certainly didn’t care to put me on the losing side of a story and you on the winning side.
Why should you be above such a treatment? Do you pay a premium fee?

Nah you just want your cake and eat it too.
Something I have noticed with most ardent Horde players.
Constantly going on about how you want both players to have an enjoyable experience or whatever and yet cringe away from any real solution that is presented.

PS. I dont mind people having these views.
That is perfectly fine. But lets not pretend you or others like you are somehow impartial and just want everyone to be happy. You got your biased preferences and I got mine.

Edit: lol looks like I cant reply anymore.
So I thats that then. I knew it was too good to be true lmao.

1 Like