Who should land a killing blow on Sylvanas?

I’m sure Shandris will sign the peace treaty once Tyrande is killed off

And that peace treaty will involve the Night Elves giving up on Ashenvale in order to be able to keep Darkshore… until the next faction war. Then Darkshore will be gone too.

That would be hilarious and then Anduin becomes rather concerned when Tyrande starts carrying around a spear with Sylvanas’s head attached at the end.

She wouldn’t carry it around. She’d throw in the the moon well as an offering to Elune. The head of the one who murdered her children.

Alright now Elesana now this getting to be a bit much even for me at this point. I doubt anything happens to Ashenvale. Tyrande on the other hand I am concerned for.

You think they would take something away from the Horde (or deny the Horde a new zone) ? You should know better than that by now…

rip Tyrande… atleast they can’t massacre her anymore by writing her awfully.

Kek

Please you’re joking right?

I feel so spoiled by Blizzard, starting to wonder why this game is even a 2 faction game. It should be called “World of Hordecraft” and only have 1 faction, the first xpac can be called “Killing off 90% of your favorite lore characters as bad guys and giving the new ones no development”

3 Likes

The point is that they would never in a million years deny something from the Horde to let the Night Elves keep it, hence why Ashenvale is Horde territory now.

I think it makes sense for different tribes to sound a bit different. Like the way Gilneans and Stormwindians sound different.

Or she just naturally lost it after living and training in Dalaran for so many years. Though even Dalaran has the distinctly American human accent mixed with the sort of mid-Atlantic High/Blood Elf accent.

Horde lost Saurfang, Vol’jin, and Lordaeron to Sylvanas.
Alliance lost Teldrassil and an npc that was made to die in BFA.

Tell me again who really deserves the killing blow.

1 Like

Night Elves lost:

• Their home
  • Their capital
  • 3 of their zones and only got 1 back
  • Their civilian population
  • Tyrande too at the start of Shadowlands
  • Their revenge / justice plot which got scapped / cancelled
  • Their future (because of no rebuilding efforts at all)

People keep bringing this up as though the Horde kept Tirisfal, but we didn’t return to it even once after the Battle for Lordaeron ended. That plot thread was left hanging as night elves got babied.

1 Like

You know the Alliance isn’t occupying Tirisfal right? You can even see forsaken and Voss there in 8.3. Horde on the other hand is still occupying Ashenvale.

fixed that for you.

4 Likes

I get it but the Elves aren’t in tribes though. Those that lived in Northern Kalimdor should at least sound similar. I can understand if they Highborne may sound different. I remember reading that they spoke an ancient form of Darnassian that Tyrande could still speak.

I doubt it. The Army of the Black Moon beat them pretty bad and with the combined forces of the Alliance and Horde laying seige to Orgrimmar I doubt Sylvanas cloud have defend the city with troops still off in Ashenvale loosing ground.

2 Likes

As of 8.3 once the war campaign is finished Voss has Horde adventurers come to a meeting at the Calston Estate in Tirisfal Glades where she meets with Calia, Derek, and then they peace out with a group undead night elves ( Delaryn among). This suggests at the very least the the Horde still has western Tirisfal.

2 Likes

I mean… it still took them until 8.3 to finally get Darkshore back (which is uncertain even because they removed that victory cutscene again right after implementing it) and then that peace treaty was written which leaves the Night Elves without support from the Alliance.

See I know you’re trying to be optimistic and all, but there’s nothing to suggest that the writers would take Ashenvale away from the Horde to give it to the Night Elves out of any race… the Horde wanted Ashenvale for many years and now the writers finally gave it to them.

Alright. They returned once.

Except their leaders. We were supposed to kill off Malf in WoT.

:cactus:

1 Like

Ah, yes. Because as we all know, both Darkshore and Tirisfal Glades received no Warfront updates, no new character customization, no new race-specific questline or cinematics which develop how either race is coming back from their loss. As we all know, the night elves and the undead just sat around in their respective factions’ capital cities and did nothing all BfA.

There’s no debating with you, Elesana. I understand your position, because I was so absorbed in my own feelings about the night elves that I became completely blind to the fact that it sucks for everybody, and we should be pushing for everyone to feel more fulfilled from the story. Not making little jabs.

I promise you will end up feeling better if you tried making an undead character and just immerse yourself in the leveling storyline for a bit. Just try some empathy.

5 Likes

except that the Night Elves never came back from their loss and ended up losing 2 entire zones in BfA after the war was over. There were no cinematics or questlines where the Night Elves were rebuilt. The only thing we got was that 1 questline where we ended up killing 1 Val’kyr and that was the entire revenge plot and justice for Teldrassil and the war of Thorns.
How many zones did the forsaken lose? The forsaken still have their population, the Night Elves don’t. The Forsaken still have their lands and Sylvanas and Nathanos are alive and well. Can you say the same about Tyrande in Shadowlands?

I understand that it’s bad for everyone, yet I absolutely despise it when people want Sylvanas to be redeemed, the Horde to keep Ashenvale, Tyrande to be killed etc just out of pure spite towards Night Elf fans. If people want to spite me then that’s one thing, but many are advocating for a bad story for a big part of the fanbase even after the Night Elves were already completely annihilated in BfA. Makes it hard for me to distingusih between different kinds of people.

1 Like

“Well, yes, we did get a questline, cinematic, Warfront, character customization and et cetera, but it wasn’t enough!!!”

The Forsaken have lost both Nathanos and Sylvanas as racial leaders. How would you feel if Tyrande declared her allegiance to the Old Gods and just yeeted herself off of Azeroth?

How are you so positive that Tyrande will die in Shadowlands? Please explain.

I am not saying those things. Yes, I was Sylvanas to be redeemed, I recognize that might be unpopular. I also want Ashenvale to be completely night elf territory. Every single inch. I also want Tyrande to survive and get a ton of bad*** moments. I want to see her in a fully rendered HD cinematic.

It’s not inherently contradictory to want good things for both Alliance and Horde fans.

I think this is the crux of the issue. I understand Teldrassil felt like a total betrayal and it still hurts to think about. I remember making my first night elf character way back in vanilla! Teldrassil was so special to me. I just don’t want to inflict that kind of pain on any other players. Blizzard is at fault for writing the story like this, not anyone else.

2 Likes

Sorry, if you think that the revenge plot we got (killing 1 recreatable Val’kyr) was enough conclusion and justice for Teldrassil, there’s no reason for me to discuss with you any further. Let’s just agree to disagree then. Have a nice day.

1 Like