Who should land a killing blow on Sylvanas?

Under the assumption that Sylvanas is one of the SL boss and that she will be defeated, who should land a killing blow on her?

Is it one of the horde leader/hero?
Maybe Genn or one of the alliance leader?
Maybe one of her sister?

What do you guys think and why?

soul of arthas

5 Likes

This is a unique, novel, and interesting new thread topic.

17 Likes

It should be Tyrande (or Genn). Why ? For obvious reasons. The Entire War of Thorns and destruction of the Night Elves was blamed on Sylvanas alone so atleast she should be brought to justice for it…

That said Sylvanas is untouchable (just like Nathanos) so nobody will do it, especially not Tyrande that already got her revenge and is even with Sylvanas now.

2 Likes

Frankly? A major SL character, not someone from Azeroth.

The damage she has done to the afterlife eclipses the damage she has done to anyone/thing on Azeroth.

Remember everyone, we’re posting as if it did happen, so no point saying “UUhUuhHUUH won’t happen”.

1 Like

Best option is nobody. Sylvanas is still a fan favorite and she should remain as a reoccurring minor villain or true-neutral character. Someone who cares first and foremost about avoiding Hell, and is willing to do whatever it takes to achieve that, but isn’t going to go out of her way to antagonize the factions. She could even lend us a hand time to time or take our side against other enemies.

Second best option is always the player, if not herself. No petty score-keeping between the playerbase.

Third best option doesn’t exist. I’d want Saurfang because I feel like trying to foil her character ruined his story more than anyone else. But that’s just my preference.

11 Likes

I’d say the Blizzard writers that for even a second thought it was a good idea to have Saurfang learn the meaning of Honor from the Boy Wonder are more to blame. I lost all respect for that character in Stormwind.

8 Likes

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I mean she only commited WW2 level crimes so really not that big of a deal :woman_shrugging:

12 Likes

?

2 Likes

Ya know… burning thousands of innocents and children alive to send them to hell forever is not what a neutral character or minor villain would do, especially not what a hero would do that helps us fight greater threats to justify those disgusting crimes she commited.

Redeeming her sends a disgusting message, or was hitler seen as a hero after the crimes he commited?

4 Likes

Based. My first Hitler/Sylvanas comparison - I thank you.

Actually, you’re right! It did happen. Except it was the Allies that did that to Japan - not what Hitler did. My bad.

Eh. Jury’s still out on whether it’s “forever.” Resurrection is going to be the heavy theme in Ardenweald…the zone that is supposed to feature Tyrande…

1 Like

Of course that’s a big deal, but I’m advocating for a position that compromises between Sylvanas haters and Sylvanas fans. She should remain in the story, but not in the spotlight. The factions shouldn’t forgive her for what she’s done, but players who want to like her shouldn’t feel antagonized by her.

Sylvanas isn’t evil for evil’s sake. She’s evil, but just because first and foremost she’s been interested in either revenge on Arthas or avoiding WoWhell. Her main goal is immortality, not to kick puppies. She’d kick puppies if it made her immortal, but if she was immortal, she wouldn’t kick puppies. Y’feel?

12 Likes

I’ve seen what happens in Ardenweald already, nothing of the sort of resurrection is going to happen for the Night Elves, not even close. At the very best we will send them to a different realm of the Shadowlands and have Tyrande die for that, but that’s OUR work and not Sylvanas’.

Just because we partly “fix” something Sylvanas did doesn’t mean that she planned all of this or should take credit for it.

Which makes her evil. Commiting horrible crimes out of pure greed and for her own good is what you call evil.

She wants to avoid wow hell by sending countless of others to it, that’s the definition of irredeemably evil.

3 Likes

Yes, but I don’t see how that’d disqualify her from the representation I advocated.

4 Likes

All we have seen is the very brief Winter Queen, Bwon’samdi, Vol’jin, Loa broadcast text. The Ardenweald zone story and Tyrande storyline is not in the Alpha yet nor has it been datamined as far as I’m aware.

1 Like

There’s going to be no compromise or understanding here.

5 Likes

Because Sylvanas shouldn’t be spared and live a happy life after all the crimes she commited? She brought shame to the Horde, wiped out the Night Elves, destroyed Undercity, got many Horde soldiers killed, killed Saurfang, broke the Helm of Domination, killed Saurfang, attempts to kill Bwonsamdi, got the Zandalari fleet destroyed, ordered Brennadam, Gilneas, Southshore and a lot more.

You think she should just get a safe position in forgiveness after that? You’d also have to explain that everyone suddenly forgave her and stopped hunting her and just let her live her life.

Some lines have been datamined and well, no happy end for Tyrande. Also from what I’ve seen from Night Elf souls, it’s a mix between destroying them forever and sending them to a different afterlife, but there’s nothing that suggests that they’d go to Ardenweald.

1 Like

No one from the factions needs to forgive her. I think the factions should hate her til the end of WoW.

But I think we should recognize that there are players who like/d Sylvanas. And we should make a story that feels at least somewhat enjoyable for them too. They didn’t write BFA.

There’s gotta be some way players who hate Sylvanas can get satisfaction without just removing her from the story. And there’s gotta be some way players who like Sylvanas can get satisfaction without her rejoining the Horde or hogging the story spotlight.

7 Likes

You ever seen Brenda get killed in Scary Movie 1? That should be how Sylvanas dies. If not that, Tyrande.

3 Likes