Who should land a killing blow on Sylvanas?

Nah, Anduin won’t be in Shadowlands. Bringing him into Shadowlands would risk him having to make interesting moral decisions or have his world view challenged in a meaningful way.

This is part of why I think the Jailor will end up siding with the players. It makes no sense for his character to be “imprisoned” if he is the primordial entity that has always been the “Jailor.” He’s clearly been imprisoned/trapped in a way that is recent for him. Suddenly after millenia he is fed up with his circumstances and now he wants to rebel because of some nonsense happening on Azeroth?

No! The Arbiter usurped the Jailor’s powers and now the Jailor wants revenge and is hoarding anima for that reason. No other explanation makes sense with what we know for now.

You guys deny the truth, but you know I’m right.

He has been played up as her opposite since BFA, you know where the breadcrumb trail they’ve left is leading.

If the breadcrumbs are leading anywhere other than Anduin being the victim of a coup d’etat, I’m not interested.

2 Likes

Not saying the true path is the best or even desirable one.

The reason why you’re wrong is that nobody can ever put a finger on Sylvanas and Nathanos. They won’t die so Anduin can’t kill them.

he is already comfirmed to go lol

They should avoid the mistake that they made with Garrosh. No Faction NPC should get the kill. It should either be the player or a non Faction NPC, e.g. the Jailor. Or you know, she could fall down a well and Lassie can’t find us in time.

Wasn’t it just to avoid WoW hell? She could get a more peaceful death and be satisfied maybe. I say we give her soul to Bwonsamdi to take care of.

1 Like

She’d still need to do something with Maw, because that’s always a possibility even in death

Tyrande and with as much Horde collateral as possible. /thread

2 Likes

Nathanos being the one to do it in a moment of clarity would be interesting.

1 Like

That’s foul.

If not a character that’s apart of the Shadowlands then Tyrande. After everything Sylvanas has done she’s owed her justice. The thing is though, I don’t that Sylvanas will actually died. If be surprised if they kill off adjust Horde leader. The problem is that the way this is looking, there really is not other option than her death. Blizz could have handled this better instead of retconing in a big bad. But anyway back on topic Tyrande or Genn.

It would be interesting but I just don’t see how it would work. He’s never questioned her before and follow her completely, even if she dinnertime shocks him. It could be very interesting but it’s opposite of the character and I really don’t trust Blizz to set that up. In fact, they should have been planting the seeds for this turn around already.

2 Likes

Well let’s be real here, no matter the direction this story takes, that’s the biggest hurdle to us getting anything satisfactory.

5 Likes

Me. Enough with the boss kill stealing, already!

5 Likes

Fair point.

I could make arguments for a few characters…

Anduin: He goes in and tries to talk her down, hoping for some form of redemption or to try to get her to put things right while Tyrande yells at him to just kill her. Turns into a moment of character development counter to Varian’s in WotlK with the message “not everyone can be saved.” Potentially making him a bit darker. He also admits that Tyrande was right and vows to listen more closely to her wisdom.

Tyrande: Teldrassil. All I really have to say on that.

Malfurion: Again. Teldrassil. Though, I’d say having him completely body Nathanos would be more satisfying to see? Because he’s always seemed more focused on the land… and Nathanos was the one leading in Darkshore after Sylvanas departed. (I also just kinda want to see Nathanos get ripped apart in the background while Tyrande goes after Sylvanas.)

Thrall: BECAUSE WHY NOT STEAL ANOTHER KILL FROM US, HM?! But, no. In all seriousness; He takes up a role as a protector of the world and the Horde (again.) He’s always been one about preserving honor, and it would be a neat way for him to get some of his power back, I feel. Confronted with his bad decision in a way that he can’t just blame someone else. This is a result of his initial mistake, after all. A weaker choice, but…

Baine(+Jaina as a bonus): He needs a moment to shine. The tauren people were threatened by Sylvanas, and she has constantly affronted his sense of honor. But I feel as if it should be a team effort with Jaina if that’s the route… Baine rescued Jaina’s brother (who I can’t remember the name of) and she has just as much of a stake in this as anyone. While the grounds of their grief isn’t as great as Tyrande and Malfurion’s? It was more… direct. That’s family… annnnd personal torture.

Genn: He let her live. It could be a set up to right that mistake. Even while he was wounded in Legion, and he pretty much called it even after stopping her from enslaving the Valkyr that I can’t remember the name of… she stole another home from his people. Gilneans have always been proud, and Greymane was always taught to protect his kin.

That was going to be another. Being hounded, he just starts to break down. No one but his thoughts to keep him company, he’s forced to deal with the fact that he STOLE. HIS. NEPHEW’S. CORPSE. Things start to click that he’s done all these horrible things out of love and/or admiration for the Sylvanas he knew in life. He slowly comes to realize that she doesn’t particularly care for him any more than she would a favorite toy and that these are things he wouldn’t do otherwise… realizing that she’s too far gone and is nothing but a distant memory.

Chis Metzen: Just Metzen. No fancy look or anything, just in a Horde t-shirt with the Doomhammer in hand and the doofy helmet he used to use in his forum avatar.

5 Likes

Arthas with his big two hand sword.

It would actually make me like Anduin. Boy do I miss Varian.

Yes

Double yes.

2 Likes

I too wish this was a possibility…

1 Like

I would personally find it hilarious if Bolvar is the one who gets to kill Sylvanas.

1 Like