Who should land a killing blow on Sylvanas?

Yea, that will be a very satisfying conclusion, really.

I too liked something, it was Night Elves, see where we are now ? They are gone so I don’t see why Sylvanas fans should be catered to when all other parts of the fanbase got screwed over just for Sylvanas.

3 Likes

In a situation where something needs to be done for Night Elf fans without detracting too much from people who aren’t Night Elf fans?

Just like we’re in a situation where something needs to be done for Sylvanas fans without detracting too much from people who aren’t Sylvanas fans?

11 Likes

Remember, this is a game. Don’t take events from it too personally.

“Something happened that I don’t like, so other people shouldn’t get good things!” Puerile.

6 Likes

No one, lol, she’ll have redemption arc and will save us all. Like Kain from Legacy of Kain or Sarah Kerrigan from starcraft.

1 Like

Woh woh woh…Kain did not have a redemption arc. Raziel eventually came around to seeing Kain as being right all along. That’s not a redemption arc. Kain didn’t suddenly start petting puppies and kissing babies.

2 Likes

What can be done for Night Elf fans at this point? They are near extinct, their land was given to the Horde, some of it destroyed and then suddenly everyone forgot about it.

For them to do something for the Night Elves, they’d first have to take Ashenvale away from the Horde which then again people like you would complain about again.

Sylvanas fans got to see Sylvanas absolutely destroy everyone for like 4 years, I think that’s enough for now. Doesn’t need to be any longer.

No I just can’t take it anymore that people seriously defend Sylvanas and her actions after she completely wiped out a playable race commiting crimes that are comparable to the most evil acts in history.

The ONLY thing that the Night Elves were potentially going to get out of Shadowlands was killing Nathanos or Sylvanas. Not only have both of these things been denied, things are also going to get a lot darker for Night Elves.

2 Likes

Redemption arc starts with Soul Reaver (though we and Raziel have no idea bout it), in blood omen hes the villain and keeps being one for next hundreds of years building his doomed corrupted empire.

I don’t think anyone actually defends Sylvanas. This is also a video game; this is fiction - to literally compare it to Hitler is to go to the lengths of ridiculousless.

Let me pose a question to you. Am I bad/evil person because I 1) “support”; as it were, the burning of the tree? And 2) because I enjoyed doing the questline (on both factions)? Because I have enjoyed the carnage in the video game, and enjoy and appreciate the many repercussions it has on the story going forward? Does that make me immoral/bad, to you? Also, to keep in mind, all elves (incl. NE) are my favourite races.

3 Likes

Mmm…I still wouldn’t put Kerrigan and Kain on the same level. Kain is a Sylvanas-esque kind of character and Kain’s ending with Raziel is probably the best I could hope for with the Sylvanas character (to the point that I’m amazed I never considered the two characters as being similar).

Kerrigan is a completely different beast. Kerriganing Sylvanas would be a mistake, and I say that as a Sylvanas loyalist/fanboy.

If you genuinely think it was a good / heroic thing to do for Sylvanas and the Horde then yes, I think you are. Genocide against innocents is never good in my view, and if people support or defend that they are, in my eyes, bad persons.

As I said many times before, the Burning of Teldrassil wouldn’t have been close to be as bad as it was if it got properly addressed after and not just swept under the rug and ignored. This just makes it even more disgusting that Sylvanas gets redeemed because the entire Horde got absolved of their crimes by blaming it on Sylvanas.

There was no conclusion, revenge, justice, rebuilding or anything and now it’s supposed to be a heroic thing on top of that? Give me a break Blizzard, really.

2 Likes

I didn’t say heroic, and you’ll not find anyone saying so. I think it’s a good thing for the Horde, because there are less enemies, though. I, as a person IRL, enjoyed it from a narrative point of view. I am also of the opinion that in fictional war, no one is innocent, but that doesn’t influence my opinions on the discussion at hand.

1 Like

I’ve always favored the underdog/rebel/villain in fiction. I recognize the horror of the casual way Blizzard treated the genocide at Teldrassil and my post history proves it (except when I’m obviously joking).

I also am a fan of Sylvanas as a character and I think WoW would be much less interesting without her around. Or other characters like her.

That’s just my opinion. I only stick around for interesting story telling, and I don’t think a Warcraft purged of all flawed characters is very interesting.

It indeed is a good thing for the Horde having dealt with the Night Elves as potential future threat, that’s not a secret and something I’ve said for a long time…

…but Night Elves are also playable and have a fanbase? They are the most played race on Alliance on 120. Why is it okay for the race to be completely destroyed and ignored after just for the Horde to have a successful war? They should be catered too in some way, not just the Horde and Sylvanas. Especially with the way it has been written, it’s simply not acceptable for one faction to completely destroy a fan favorite race for what? A successful strike in a war and a new zone that will never be updated anyway ?
If anything, there should’ve been plans and/or efforts to build the Night Elves back up after, instead they are getting ignored with more tragedy to come in Shadowlands. Not a single positive thing ever happens to that race, how can I respect people’s opinions that even Sylvanas should be redeemed now ?

1 Like

Bannerbae.

I dunno.

Frankly, I think too many care far too much, and are far too invested. That’s not a solution, but people are definitely a bit too over the top about it. It’s understandable to be annoyed, but the lengths people go to to express their seething disdain… far too much.

1 Like

This one is also debatable. I mean who really forgave her? She got stuck with an eternity of guiding life in the universe, it’s not like she went on vacation.

1 Like

Sylvanas main goal is eternal life that can’t be taken. She might save the world if it would be necessary to preserve her own existance.

You all know in your hearts that it will be Anduin.

Anduin would rather forgive her

Tyrande, duh.

And if Sylvanas doesn’t ‘die’ from the blow that lays her low, then she needs to use her last scrap of unlife to invoke the Jailer’s power at which point he goes, “You want this power? You got it.” or something suitably ironic before his chains fall away and reappear on her, and she gets stuck in the Maw as his replacement.

1 Like