Who is normal raiding for anymore?

We need more raid difficulties. Normal +, Heroic ++, Mythic +++, Software Engineer AOTC Twitch Affiliate ++++, WoW streamer ++++++, and Curl-up-in-a-foetal-position ++++++++++++++++ :hocho: :hocho: :hocho:

:heart:

1 Like

This is just bad raid design. Which I suspect might be on purpose since it seems like they didn’t want to bring tier back but people kept asking. Sort of a “be careful what you wish for” sort of thing so they can remove it later and say bringing it back didn’t work.

The fact that the classes who do gain close to 40% from tier did not get heavily nerfed while classes that didn’t even come close to half that did just shows they put little effort into this raid and class balance.

Those classes are literally useless without the tier…is the issue. Not the other way around.

40% from tier is absurd to the point those classes would need to be either reworked or mega buffed going into 10.0. It’s horrible design all around.

On this entire note, look at what they’re doing with Season of Mastery. Rather than understand what made Classic good, they’re trying to get Retail players to go to Classic by bringing retail-level mechanics to Classic. It was just datamined that Prophet Skeram in AQ40 will have a C’thun eye mechanic that targets a player and lets them see the real one, but if you kill the fake one the raid wipes like the one in Ny’alotha.

Did it need that? I don’t thin that’s what people wanted when they said the wanted Classic+, but here we are: They are one again pushing out “average” people to appeal to the loudest minority who want it to be for them, and not the masses. So rather than make Retail more like Classic they’re trying to make Classic more like Retail, because reasons.

2 Likes

1 tier piece so far is pretty good. Considering the drop rates and such.

You want it both ways. You want most normal raiders to either be of heroic dedication and caliber, or ready to move into that role. That isn’t going to happen. The better raiders move on as loyalties don’t matter in competition, as they have been encouraged to in this very thread.

I think it’s bad for raiding to eliminate normal raiding, except for some sort of “warm-up” for heroic or mythic raiders. You can’t change social raiding into progression.

Classic as an esport.

6 Likes

Exactly, which completely misses the reason why Classic was asked for and why it was more popular than Retail.

It seems like all the current devs know how to do is to make raids, and everything else is either an afterthought or they just have no idea how to do it. Might as well turn the game into a raid lobby, it basically is already. One difficulty (Mythic, ofc) and you automatically are max level with BIS gear.

1 Like

I don’t disagree with that.

I’m talking about that person’s dps compared to someone who has hit the jackpot and gotten all four tier pieces…

SoM gives options to those who want to try and optimise and go heavily into the content to push harder without impacting those who dont care about it, ideally the best possible options.

Personally SoM isnt for me but then neither is path of exile with its league system. Maybe in the future after more changes it might appeal to me and I will play it.

But I think thats the difference I dont try and change what exists, I evaluate it and decide if it is for me or not. This tiers normal is a great starting point to earn tier before moving up to heroic.

I’ve commented on this to people before both here and the people I play with in FF14. Our brains are wired entirely differently when it comes to reward and motivation. My general feeling after doing a raid and wiping and wiping until it finally clears is not elation. It’s relief. As in “thank god that’s over” maybe next week we can one-shot it and I don’t have to feel like s*** for 45 minutes. Whether or not it’s accurate a lot people internalize that they are the reason for the repeated failures and the longer it goes on the more they blame themselves until they just stop engaging with it.

For me it’s actually a lot worse in FF14 because the raids are only 8 people and there is much, much less margin for error in Savage raids, let alone Ultimate. To the point that I am not even willing to attempt it.

3 Likes

Yes but I learned long ago that if you let these things stay, they become like a tumor and corrupt everything from within. People don’t seem to get that, but it happens all the time.

Normal raid is for friends and family guilds.

I have two guilds. One is a mythic guild that has had CE multiple times, the other is my original guild from way back when.

I know the majority of people from the old guild (actually the one this toon is in) in real life. They come back each expansion for the first tier and knock out normal before calling it quits until the next expansion.

Those guys are a TON of fun despite only doing normal. So I run with them on this guy or one of the other few toons still in that guild while running my mage in my mythic raiding guild.

Normal has a place for folks that just want to chill.

2 Likes

WOW is not a e-sport. If it was then the entire structure of WOW would be 34/7 raids

They do this a lot when they are pushed to do things they don’t want to, make it a horrible experience and when players don’t like it, they use it as an excuse to remove it and say that we didn’t like it.

1 Like

That’s my guess. There is no way that anyone intelligent would think that A) Designing fights around having tier while tier is RNG and B) Having a huge gap between no tier and tier is anything close to acceptable. This has to be deliberate.

1 Like

I think LFR should be expanded and rewards given. you can form raids as a guild or solo queue like dungeons. also, add all raid dungeons to LFR and scale them to the current cap to make them a bit more of a challenge. Also, make solo raids basically mage tower raids you can complete. dig out those exceptional NPC armors sets make them for mog hunters.

The unused resources that have been removed from this game are a crime and are sitting dead in the files no longer in use.

1 Like

For your second part, the PTR forum is riddled with feedback that set bonuses need to feel impactful and powerful. Any time they had weaker bonuses or more passive bonuses it was criticized pretty hard.

I’m not sure what you mean, Savage isn’t that bad.

Instantly dies because one person was one step out of position

:grinning: :slightly_smiling_face: :neutral_face: :expressionless: :confused: :slightly_frowning_face: :frowning_face: :angry: :rage: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

1 Like