Who else is irritated thats in 2019 and we still dont have flying yet?

Yeah, I agree this is BS. They said it would be the same as Legion.

5 Likes

+1 for wanting flying already. Flying right now would get me playing some alts and doing WQs more. Right now my time played is steadily decreasing and most of it is in old world content.

3 Likes

Trust me, Aehl. Just do it.

I’m subbed to XIV and not only is the story and gameplay better but also the community reactions with the developers and Square at large.

Hell, the President of Square Enix popped up during Fanfest and personally announced Blue Mage.

Not only that but bugs are fixed, animations and QoL is always being improved and is miles ahead of WoW and the direction of the game and it’s future content is catered to the majority of the player See’s expectations.

Blue Mage, Gunbreaker, VIERA.

Something we wanted for years. Love and behold… Unlike Activision-Blizzard, they LISTEN and CARE.

2 Likes

The even better solution is to unsub until they let us buy flying with gold again.

5 Likes

There is honestly no logic whatsoever to gate flying behind an unobtainable prerequisite for a year or more, as will likely be the case as it was in Legion.

In Final Fantasy 14 you just have to go on a fun little scavenger hunt with a “cold, warm, warmer, hot!” aetherite current detector and then you can fly in the zone you unlocked it in.

Right off the gate, at the very beginning of the expansion.

4 Likes

:man_facepalming:

We should all unsub again like we did in WoD. That seemed to work then.

In game it really doesn’t bother me… in real life? Yeah i couldn’t believe I didn’t sprout wings or something i mean its 2019 why are we still using planes? What gives evolution? Curse my heavy land body.

1 Like

It shouldn’t have been the same as Legion though, it should have been the same as WoTLK available at max level from the start!

2 Likes

Yes, I would agree with this also.

Too jaded to care, just watching the rest of my game time run out

I am so over climbing the stairs.

1 Like

Wonder how many people choose Paku over gonk… I reckon blizz can use that data to determine which is more popular - flying or walking/running.

1 Like

Well they said we would get it in 8.2 and that isn’t due until sometime in the summer of 2019. So that being said, no, I am not annoyed.

I am irritated at everything, so count me in! --points at random objects and swears at them–

This is key. Giving MAUs instead of subscriber numbers in the quarterly reports avoids having to answer a lot of awkward questions from analysts and shareholders. As one article acutely observed, MAUs only have a correlation with revenue, but subscriber numbers have a DIRECT relationship with revenue, so reporting MAUs is an underhanded way of avoiding having to disclose to shareholders exactly what the true state of WoW’s financial health is. So, since MAUs are the reporting metric now, Blizz is doing everything it can towards keeping those numbers up. Flying works directly against that effort, and makes it increasingly difficult for Ion to justify the development expense to the beancounters.

I suspect what happened was that during WoD development, Ion was told to cut his budget, and taking flying out was the easiest/most effective way he thought he could do that. Subscriber numbers fell to the point where they had to reverse that decision, but with the change to MAU reporting, the focus continued on dragging things out to increase the in-game time for subscribers. IMO, it’s not about “experiencing the content” or “increasing immersion”. It’s about keeping the bosses from crawling up Ion’s butt again after the WoD debacle.

Where’s the flight? World Quests would be so much faster and easier with it. Come on!

1 Like

well they didn’t pop up with pathfinder 2 in legion till like 8 months. So when did this come out august 2018? so three more long months?

I really don’t care if flying ever returns. It has been long enough that I have adjusted. Even when I return to an earlier expansion, I usually just go for my land mount out of habit. Except for zoning into Stormwind because exiting the Mage Tower it is natural to fly.

I guess I just see it like all the other things that changed as the game evolves. You either just accept it and adapt or you get angry about it. If the game made me as it does some people (not all) then I would just quit. It is a game after all.

I could really care less about flying in this expac as I see zero need for it, beyond flying in on warmode to gank people, with such small zones and so many flight paths.