Who else is irritated thats in 2019 and we still dont have flying yet?

You literally spell out why flying is a good thing (minus actually designing the game around flying, but Blizzard seems to have completely given up on that), then wonder why people want flying…

17 Likes

They have, it was one if the Q&A’s. Give me a couple of mins and let me see if I can find it

1 Like

They haven’t learned a lesson yet at all. Pathfinder being time gated is poor design made by people incapable of looking in the mirror and realizing how bad it is.

Let’s see, the game was around for 10 years, still had over 7 million subs even with a 14 month content in MoP, and all is well. Launch WoD, lack of content, piss poor communication about flight, a complete reversal of their stated goal, and two expansions later they still haven’t gotten it.

Whomever gave that order within Blizzard should be fired. It’s one thing to make a mistake but if you aren’t learning from it you don’t deserve a job.

25 Likes

NCsoft is probably the only company I hate more than EA right now.

Rip CoH.

4 Likes

There is a lot of “I don’t care about your sense of fun, because I want my sense of fun fulfilled.” attitude in here. I personally am with Blizz on this one. I want flying, but I can happily wait for it.

4 Likes

Flying should have never been added to the game, my opinion.

5 Likes

Haven’t bought BFA. Pathfinder is the main reason why. In Cataclysm we could fly while leveling and it was the most fun I’ve ever had leveling. Why they regressed into making wait until level cap in MoP, and why they regressed even further than that in WoD by adding Pathfinder, I will never understand.

17 Likes

Problem with flying overall is it never fits into the storyline. I can easily come up with ways to maintain world pvp and have flying.

There are ways to focus your playerbase to certain zones that are under conflicts while making flying a literal death trap in those areas.

Even Varian got shot down while flying. I mean the lore is there to back this up. If a zone is being invaded by Alliance like Nazmir for example then they bring Ballistas and pop you right out of the sky until the invasion is over.

Meanwhile you can still fly in Zandalar and Vol’dun. The alliance brought in ground forces to fight Sylvannas at Lordaron because flying was a death trap. THE FREAKING LORE REASONS ARE THERE BLIZZARD!!!

2 Likes

Did you say that during Burning Crusade? Probably not because nobody complained about flying in Burning Crusade.

Did you say that during Wrath? Probably not because nobody complained about flying in Wrath.

Did you say that during Cataclysm? Probably not because nobody complained about flying in Cataclysm. Plenty of people complained about them changing the world, but not about flying.

Did you say that during Mists? Probably not because nobody complained about flying in Mists.

Did you say that at the start of Warlords? Probably not because nobody complained about flying in Warlords, except that it was unavailable.

It wasn’t until Ion said “Flying is bad!!!” that all the “flying is bad!!!” copycats started appearing out of nowhere.

41 Likes

I’m not disagreeing with you are saying, but you realize what you have to do right?

If you are unhappy and still paying them, they aren’t concerned about you. Only when you stop giving them money does it matter to them.

Sad but true.

Im irritated that it’s 2019 and zandalari are still months away lmao

1 Like

Not me. I have so much to cover. Is it a benefit? Definitely. Is it essential? Not so much. But it will be done sooner than later. I don’t see them going a full year and change (Pre-BlizzCon 19) and not allowing those players who have completed all requirements to be grounded.

My solution is to uninstall until they change their entire “Pathfinder” philosophy.

17 Likes

I mean, that’s your choice. But I fail to see why you’re commenting on this post and are max level if you unsub/uninstall until they change “Pathfinder” as it’s been around for awhile… If you really hate it that much, why subject yourself to do it again?

This is a subjective opinion. I’ve been playing since vanilla and not once have I ever felt it was “fun” trying to get from point A to point B. It has made the world feel bigger, but not funner. In fact, that feeling of “bigger” made it all the more annoying. Because if I spend an hour playing a game, I want an hour of me mashing buttons fighting baddies, or reading quest journals, or trying to collect or find quest items. etc… I do not want to be spending 45m of that walking from point A to point B.

This isn’t supposed to be a walking simulator. I didn’t signup for a walking simulator. And I would say the same thing if flying were a thing and everything were sufficiently scaled that I spent a majority of my time travelling instead of engaging in content.

It’s also really annoying that Blizzard has taken to tactics like purposefully making paths more convoluted than they need to be, or increasing mob density and respawn rates so that you end up spending way more longer than is fun trying to find or get to your destination point, and you fight 100 mobs on the way there.

They do this stuff not for the sake of having a good game, but try and increase time spent doing it, so you are subscribed longer. This is one of the real reasons Blizzard no longer likes flying. Because flying gets around their efforts to keep you subscribed longer using cheap tactics instead of making an effort to make a genuinely engaging and re-playable experience.

Okay I challenge you to for now on, do not use your mount to get to Uldir from the place you enter the zone. I challenge you to walk there. Not only that, but I challenge you to slow walk there (with the / button), since this is realistic walking, and your normal foot movement is actually running. No travel forms or kitty / wolf forms or other speed boost forms or effects. I legit challenge you to do this everywhere.

And I don’t want to hear any arguments about how that is unreasonable, because that just proves the following point: your idea of reasonable travel speed is subjective, and your arguments amount to nothing more than trying to impose your subjective notions of travel speed onto others.

24 Likes

I complained about flying before it was in the game and all through WOTLK, at which point I quit.

Here have a cookie it will make you feel better I promise. :cookie:

And what difference would it make if they can fly and do it faster since they have already done it countless times. People keep saying it trivializes content but when you have seen every inch of BFA maps and done all the content what is the point of denying someone something they enjoy.

19 Likes

The marketability of games is based on minutes logged in. So it makes a huge difference to Blizzard how fast we do stuff. This isn’t me being edgy or sarcastic or even critical, it’s a reality of the industry.

They’ll let us do old stuff faster once it is old, which isn’t until Nazjatar comes out. And they won’t let us do that quickly because that will then be current.

1 Like

Makes sense. It’d have the total opposite effect on me though. I enjoy the challenge that lack of flying presents, and the rewarding feeling of using lateral thinking to overcome terrain obstacles and reach difficult areas, or places that I feel I’m not supposed to be (and where most other players likely haven’t been).

Demon Hunter is probably best for that kind of thing… I’d get a darkmoon cannon, goblin glider, and gnomish gravity well. If I’m sitting somewhere difficult with a bounty debuff, and some knockback abilities, while others are trying to figure out the puzzle of trying to reach me or knock me down, it’s oddly satisfying.

With the addition of flying, it’s just like “oh, I can reach everything and go anywhere… cool… log out”, and 20 people would descend upon a bounty target and flatten them instantly no matter where they were hiding. It’s just not mentally stimulating or engaging to me. All challenge removed, world feels smaller, world feels emptier.

I hope so, because a lot of people would undoubtedly leave. By that point you’d probably be getting a very watered down (and potentially horrific) WM experience.

Not to sound like a prick, but you kinda just painted a self-portrait there.