Who else is irritated thats in 2019 and we still dont have flying yet?

2019? I’ve been irritated about it since May, 2015.

10 Likes

Hey Guys this is the OP. Ive been reading every post you guys have made the past few days and want to thank you all for contributing to this discussion.

If this doesn’t show that players want a change to how flying is earned then I don’t know what will.

Why punish us Blizzard? Why make us go through all these hurdles?

As someone in here said, once we earned Pathfinder Part 1, it should have been given then. Not almost 1 year later when the players have moved on to another island and theyre forced to grind out stupid treausures or whatever for hours on end.

If you want to not let us fly in the new 8.2 zone or make us earn a pathfinder for it then thats okay but why make us miserable and restrict our flying in zandalar/kultiras? We have already explored the zones, we have searched every nook and cranny. Why make us wait more? I just dont get it…

14 Likes

Yes, its so much fun flying in the skybox limit.

I wish flying would never be implemented. That would kill world pvp and any form of questing difficulty.

Hahaha! Quest difficulty? when has that ever been difficult? Unless you consider holding the w key down for 10 minutes to get from the barrens to ashenvale difficult lol. Adding more, and more instanced bg’s, and now warmode where you can click it on, and off did more to kill wpvp than flight ever did, or could. I could just as easily say removing resilience from pvp gear killed wpvp. Opinions mon.

8 Likes

what the hell are you talking about ashenvale and barrens? it’s out of context. I’ll be clearer for idiots like you. I specifically mean the current zone zandalari and kultiran for wpvp not to have flying because flying has one handedly killed pvp. kill someone and then just fly off. I’ve been wpvping lately and ive had Alliance/Horde push pulling arom stand for hours and that was fun wpvp. That will never happen with flying. Also about quest, the devs cant really make meaningful quests where people will just fly in and out kill a specific mob and fly away like whats happening with the arathi rares. Theres no real sense of danger or anything. Yes its annoying and thats how it should be until its not relevant anymore. So many people asking for welfare on current content. Geez. Whats next flying on raids? coz walking is so tiresome? Use your FP, Glider, Whistle. Class skills like stealth whatever and deal with it.

Yes, because certainly no one has ever done that exact same thing on a ground mount.

Seems to me that if the devs made meaningful quests, our method of transportation to get to the quest wouldn’t be relevant.

5 Likes

yep.

See even in BFA I, and others I am sure, don’t interact with the trash on the road between spots. Flying just makes this way less annoying. Like my VE…I loved quest flying in wrath and MoP. No trash just story, man it was nice.

Little to no reward by doing this even. If I saw 70 silver drops as my key to gold making, legion is where I would go lol.

My 120’s don’t take in XP anymore.

When I level alts unless the char has been sitting in a city for several days I want to use my rested XP bonus on quest mobs only to maximize XP returns for minimal time so I avoid road trash.

No rep on kills.

Many are the reasons why in BFA I have several ways to hop WQ’s making sure I see the least number of trash mobs possible.

And those I do see…I charge right through them. Unless knocked off the mount I see them for like 2 seconds lol.

5 Likes

I’m highlighting specific words for emphasis, even though by your post you seem to think everyone is exactly like you, which I find a bit disturbing, since that’s biologically impossible.

You don’t speak for me nor anyone else. Only yourself.

Just because flying makes the game less fun for you, doesn’t make it true for “everyone else” as you stated.

I don’t need to “read” your post again, so I can “learn”, I know that for me, the game is much more fun with flying.

And of course I played with no flying. From 1-70 until Cata, then every other expack at cap except at 77 for Wrath. And everyone who starts playing now, plays without flying until level 60. Everyone doesn’t boost their toons.

If flying makes the game less fun for you, either don’t fly, or play a game that doesn’t have it.

Why are you compelled to control total strangers and their play styles in a video game? And do you think we’re all lying when we say the game is more fun with flying?

You’re just angry that with flying, people who don’t want to engage in PvP can avoid being your griefing victim. You should at least be honest about it, instead of saying things like, “fun isn’t subjective”, and going on about how there have been studies that all humans have fun the same way.

7 Likes

I specifically mean the current zone zandalari and kultiran for wpvp not to have flying because flying has one handedly killed pvp**

Then make war mode no fly.

6 Likes

Roads? Where we’re going we don’t need…ah damn, we do!

Yes, that’s true, but that goes back to my original point, which is that the game was in legion just a bunch of minigames (BGs, Arena, Dungeons/Raids, and now warfronts I guess, and azerite expeditions I guess) and the “world” had basically become a lobby. The reason it was basically a lobby was because it posed no threat. For non mythic PVE you could remote queue, and then for mythic you could just fly there, which was 100 percent safe, such that the flight could’ve been replaced by a load screen and nothing would have changed.

Removing flying and encouraging pvp in the world makes the world dangerous again, which is what makes it immersive (and thus fun).

Hah, okay then let me rephrase to deal with your nitpicky point: most (not all) people enjoy the game more overall without flying, and the other convenience features added to the game. The proof is in the subscriber numbers.

As soon as they started introducing convenience features to suit people with your fastidious preferences, the game became less fun and subscriber numbers dropped.

Hence pathfinder.

And why do I feel compelled to exercise control over how strangers play the game? What a silly point. For the same reason that we have laws in the real world: you affect other players. When you scream and complain to make blizzard introduce convenience features, you make the game less fun for most players. When you clog up orgrimmar with your hideous dragon mounts, you make the game less fun for other players.

If you dont want to be “griefed” blizzard already gave you PVE mode. So that point is silly. Sounds like you want that 10% bonus (lol) and 100% safety, and you dont care if you ruin pvp mode for everyone else. You’re super selfish.

What a horribly ignorant, subjective post.

I don’t know where you folks get the idea that convenience is what caused people to leave the game, it’s not. Not even close. Just because there are systems in place doesn’t mean you have to use them.

If you and your friends want to run to summoning stones, do that. Don’t want to fly, don’t fly. You can sit on Discord and talk about what girls in school are cute, and what it would be like to actually date one of them, all while you enjoy the game in the manner you want to. Because until you start paying for the subs of others, your opinions on how they are play aren’t relevant.

4 Likes

I think the actual proof is that flying is very popular. Hence, their quick reversal back in Warlords after it was announced that flying was being removed. Not to mention, Pathfinder itself. There’s very little compelling content that makes up Pathfinder, most notably the reputation grinds. But players do it anyways. Why? Because flying is a popular reward.

There’s absolutely no correlation between the introduction of flight and dropping subscription numbers. If that was the case, TBC, Wrath, etc. would have seen the numbers drop when flight was introduced. But subscription numbers went up during that period. The most logical reason numbers have dropped is simply the age of the game.

5 Likes

Actually I’m gonna unsub when I find out that flying will be a gigantic grind that you’ll probably only clear just as they announce the endgame zone where you won’t be able to fly.

That’s where I unsubbed in Legion. The day they announced you wouldn’t be able to fly in Argus.

I only came back to BFA because someone bought me the expac and paid my sub.

1 Like

“iF yOu dOn’T wAnT fLyInG tHeN dOn’T fLy.”

If they added a button that said “press this for full mythic titanforged gear”, I would call it stupid.

And then I would press the button.

Sometimes I walk around when I feel like it, sometimes I skip stuff. I don’t see how this invalidates an opinion that the game is better when flying isn’t available in current content.

Okay, fine. Everyone gets to play how they want to play. Here’s how I want to play. I want to have an item that turns me into a 200 foot tall stay puft marshmallow man with 20 trillion health and auto attacks that do 100k base damage. I want to walk around destroying cities.

That’s how I want to play. But I cant, because it would make the game less fun for others. Similarly, the way you want to play makes the game less fun for most other people, in exchange for the tiny benefit to you of being able to travel in complete safety AND getting a 10% gold boost or whatever. Who is being selfish here?

Not just flight, but all the convenience features in including flight. Flight us just a contributor.

You have zero proof of this assertion.

I think what you meant to say is, the way that I want to play makes it less fun for YOU. Yet you don’t describe how me wanting those things impacts you at all. You resort to over inflating your case, and using hyperbole, instead of just stating your position. So I will make this easy for you. Just answer the following questions, please:

How does me wanting to have flight deter from your game, specifically?

How does me wanting less RNG deter from your game, specifically?

How does me wanting a convenient queuing system for content hurt your enjoyment of the game and your participation in content?

6 Likes