Whispers from GM?

you cast a wide enough net your bound to find someone who falls for it. most hacking of any type of account usually comes down to the ignorance of one person or another.

:joy:

I hate when bLILzzard pms me about my exploits.

3 Likes

The obvious giveaway lol but I was just so surprised these people still existed trying to scam us into logging into their website.

wow, people still fall for this after 19 years?

1 Like

Scam. 100% a scam.

They’d send an email. From something like “no-reply@blizzard.net

1 Like

Yeah, I got that last night only it was Bllizzard with 2 small case L’s.
Or maybe they were upper case i’s. Idk.

I didn’t click on it. It was stupid.

1 Like

Thats your hint that its a scammer.

2 Likes

And there’s always Biizzard.

3 Likes

A real Blizzard will send warning in email, and suspense-able offense will get you kicked offline with no warning until the time out has been served.

Since the scammer usually uses level 1 or 20 player, I use Bad Boy addon to block everything below 69 to prevent scam from reaching me (and also blocks annoying unprompted guild invite whispers)

2 Likes

I use the BadBoy addon so I probably wouldn’t see it even if they did message me.

plenty of old people out there still fall for the Gift card scams. PEople in wow falling for the same thing? Not surprising, at all.

Especially “reply,” but I’m a dumb idiot and keep clicking it somehow.

1 Like

I reported it over a week ago, and they’re clearly still in the wild running the same scam.

If there are people that don’t know: Blizzard bans you and emails you after/at the same time because they already have your information. They don’t ask because they don’t need to, and they action your account because they have processes on their end for that.

If you get banned, you get the email, and then you appeal.

GMs haven’t whispered players since, when, WotLK? TBC? Even back in Vanilla, it was very rare to have any in-game encounter with a GM outside of the ticket service. Very extreme situations of intervention.

I have no idea how making names that resembled “Blizzard” is even possible in 2024. I’ve gotten plenty of whispers from these phishers too. I couldn’t believe they could make a character with a name that looked almost identical to Blizzard.

1 Like

I havnt recieved one of those in a long, long, time.
Of course, now I will as soon as I log back in later.

2 Likes

Been like maybe 13years since I remember getting one. Maybe with AI the whispers wont be sounding like a broken language as well lol.

Yes, I remember responding to one before they loged off.

“Look, learn to type in better english if you expect people to fall for it”.

It was such horrid broken english.

2 Likes

You’d be surprised. A lot of special needs and people with learning disability or low IQ play this game, and they’re easy targets, along with the elderly.

I hate to be that guy but

Sense you provided a name. Isn’t this technically naming and shaming. They tend to frown on that even for legit reasons.

1 Like