Whispers from GM?

Anyone else had Blilzzard-Balnazzar whisper: “[Blizzard Entertainment] GM: Offense: Exploitative Activity: Abuse of the Economy. Please visit: dubx3 dot accountblizzard dot us dot com otherwise we will suspend your account.”

Just received that while I was questing in Asj-Kahet. FYI. If Blizzard really needs to get in touch with me they have my email and other means.

Edit: Obviously I didn’t click on it, but I reported it and brought it to everyone’s attention here that this tryhard is still trying.

9 Likes

100% a scam. Blizzard is not going to send you links in in-game whispers.

18 Likes

Oldest scam in the book. The fact they still do this really suggests that they still get people to fall for it.

22 Likes

Do not click anything.

2 Likes

Had this happen to me today and it honestly surprised me… the fact that people still fall for this after almost 20 years is literally insane.

I’m pretty sure this game doesn’t even have GMs players inside the game itself anymore? I think they did away with that after WotLK

4 Likes

blizzard is blue with an icon not pink. and they dont chat with you

3 Likes

I agree, it even sounds scam-like but just putting the information out there.

Notice he has server name after “Blizzard”. Obvious scam

2 Likes

These whispers are fake and done by losers trying to steal your account. Just report them

1 Like

The fact that this stuff is still happening means people actually fall for it which is both hilarious and sad

3 Likes

blizard yes blizard got me for abuse of the economy i’m shaking in my boots right now

4 Likes

are you really naive enough to honestly believe it was blizzard that sent this to you?

do you also send money to nigerian princes?

2 Likes

oh no not blizard im shaking in my sneakers right now.

4 Likes

No, it was the king of Nigeria! I am still awaiting my monies.

And if you checked my post, I said I was informing people about it. Not going there or believing him.

4 Likes

This scam is as old as the Nigerian prince email scam.

4 Likes

you mean hes not real?

3 Likes

Trimming rune platebody is older.

2 Likes

Too late. I already clicked this thread.

5 Likes

too late i already clicked reply.

3 Likes

Too late. I already have you in ignore.

2 Likes