Whispering harassment should get you a week suspension

Report them, put them on ignore. The system only works if you use it.

1 Like

agreed. people that feel the need to force their abusive, tryhard piece of mind need a serious reality check. get reported imo :100:

If the person is making that much effort to keep track of you in order to say “mean things” to you, it’s already crossed the line into actual harassment/stalking.

At that point blizzard needs to step up to the plate and pick up the ball that they have dropped for over a decade.

Most of these yahoos don’t have the patience or wherewithal to bother spending that much time on another person. They don’t even care about themselves why would they care that much about someone else?

2 Likes

That’s what good families are for.

While it’s harsh, it’s also part of life. We all have to learn how to defend ourselves. This usually occurs during early years of childhood but not always.

Sometimes it happens later, when the child has become a young adult but it always happens, eventually and to everyone.

When it happens to an adult, they usually don’t know how to handle it and process it badly.
It doesn’t have to “mess them up for life” though.
That’s rare and usually other circumstances have occurred that causes that.

TLDR: life is harsh, everywhere and for everyone. Nothing will ever change that simply because of the nature of life itself so “bullying” will always be a part of it.

Why that is, Idk. I didn’t start this fire, it was already burning when I got here.

1 Like

Enforcement of anti-harassment policies are reactive. People need to get reported first, and believe me, then Blizzard steps in. The Customer Support forum is more or less always full of people whinging that all they said was that everyone in their BG was trash, all they did was send a whisper to someone who left their key and told them to uninstall, etc. They always want to argue why they were actually justified.

And the Blues always tell them that they can appeal if they want, but it’s not going to matter. The first step in all of that is that people have to report harassers and toxic elements, though, Blizzard can’t and won’t proactively police in-game chat.

Anger and hate make people do crazy things that they normally wouldn’t do. It’s wild really.

But yeah it is. Any time someone bypasses ignore to pester someone It’s harrassment territory.

1 Like

you want to suspend people for a week because of whispers like these?

genuinely
get thicker skin.
just /ignore them and move on.

1 Like

i guess you’ve never encountered a fight IRL.

1 Like

Naw what they need to do is expand the whole block system, as iirc the current threshold is 50 players(idk if you can get addons to fix this).

And if you block a character, it blocks EVERY character on their account and any accounts linked to the account of the blocked character. Banning people for trivial things has, and always will lead to loss of playerbase which is a loss in subs which is a loss in revenue. Banning should only be grounds for things like, Death Threats and cheating(ie: 3rd party programs, IP doxxing etc)

If someone talks sht to me I just talk sht back. When did everyone turn into report button hovering puddles?

2 Likes

Or just have a lol, perhaps even a lmao, and get on with your life?

So report them and let the GMs decide if punishment is required. Just because they said something you find offensive doesn’t mean they actually broke any rules.

1 Like

You can’t ask for this because of a whisper and not come across as damaged petty. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Won a mount earlier in the week in a raid and had someone keep rage whispering me. Lol I wasn’t mad though, he was jealous.

Why even bother playing a competitive game if you cannot take even the slightest criticism?
Play single player games.

1 Like

3 strikes and ban like FFXIV

Or you could /ignore amd stop being so sensitive to what people say on the internet

1 Like

Meanwhile manchildren with poor emotional regulation can’t play video games without lashing out.

2 Likes

Imagine going through life without anyone telling you you’re doing it wrong. You be SAWFT enough to demand Big Daddy Blizzard silence everything you don’t want to hear/see.

Telling and explaining what is wrong and why is a lot different than, “you’re trash” “you’re garbage” “never play again”

You being unable to differentiate between the two is a pretty good indicator of low emotional intelligence.