Whispering harassment should get you a week suspension

This has only happened to me a few times. The last time it happened I remember quite well. It happened after a particularly one sided BG game. My team got the holy hell kicked out of them. Right after the game ends, I get a whisper from someone who was my team. They told me I suck and I should die. No arguing about the suck part I’m horrible at PvP but the part about how I should die is a little overboard.

That being said, I didn’t report them. I have never reported anyone in this game.

Pro tip from the friendly Work smarter, Not harder consortium.

When you report someone, it puts them on ignore for you, automagically.

2 Likes

Only for that login session though, and only for that char.

2 Likes

No, you can have whatever self-imposed expectations you personally believe you’re entitled to, but that doesn’t make anyone else required to oblige them. You can “demand my fair treatment” but that doesn’t make me required to provide it. It’s in the best interest of the individual to always protect themselves at all aspects of humanity always - up to and including participating in things such as abusive conversations voluntarily when you have a full-send avenue to avoid it forever.

You’re only responsible for you, what you do, your actions, and your reactions. If your reaction to verbal abuse is to continue to allow it to happen, or to participate in that conversation then it’s a choice you’ve made.

You’re not responsible for them being verbally abusive. You’re responsible for you not participating in it, or giving them an avenue to do it.

I personally don’t feel that chat outside of outright hatespeech/racism should carry account punishments. If I continue to let someone abuse me after their first message that’s on me for not walking away from a bad interaction.

2 Likes

It puts them on a temp ignore not a perm ignore.

It’s why I said ignore then report otherwise if you log in it won’t do anything if that person is still online w/e and decides to whisper you.

There’s a lot to be said here about having thicker skin.

1 Like

At this point, I wish Blizzard would just take away everyone’s ability to chat with other players.

I’m serious.

This is where we are… people calling for week suspensions because of words on their screen.

2 Likes

How do you assess a harassment?

• Someone whispers you “you’re terrible healer”
  • Someone whispers you “f*** you!”
  • Someone whispers “grow up or uninstall the game”

?

All of the above, if unprovoked.

If you’re in a key and you say “use your interrupt”, that’s fine.

“Stop standing in sanguine”. That’s fine.

But a private DM after you’re out of the group - that’s what I’m referring to.

So exchanged fire is not an object of reporting or should both get suspended?

I’m confusing, you’re suggesting that someone is allowed to break ToS if provoked?

Correct, yes. If you yell at someone and what they say hurt your feelings, that’s life. Don’t engage.

I’m 100% just referring to completely unprovoked harassment, outside of any group. A direct whisper after you are not longer playing with that person.

I don’t know what is or isn’t ToS in all scenarios. I’m sure there is something you could response with that breaks ToS. I just don’t have that info. I’m not speaking about that scenario.

My only issue is that people can ignore you and then keep sending you messages. Ignoring someone should actually block all forms of contact.

Is that true? I don’t really know how the ignore system functions. I thought it prevents communication.

Just ignore and report. People don’t nesscearily deserve an immediate ban just because you disagreed with them.

I’m not talking about an argument/disagreement.

Back and forth engagements fall under argument/disagreement.

If people are being verbally abusing and/or circumventing ignores then report them after placing them on ignore and move on.

I’m specifically talking about unprovoked. Not back-n-forth.

You’re disagreeing with a point that isn’t being made.

You must really have done something horrid for someone to actually whisper you after your left the group. Though I dont approve on whispering people just to call them out you’re probably at fault as well if you engage on it. Just ignore the whisper and if you think it’s against ToS then report them

Ignore and report.

There’s nothing else to discuss.

Yeah, I’ve left a lot of keys and very very rarely get whispered.

Yeah it’s rare, thankfully.