Whispering harassment should get you a week suspension

Just remember that once you engage with a troll, it isn’t considered harassment because you are actively engaging with them. Which is why I don’t.

Your examples are the equivalent of someone using their horn and flicking me off for going 35 on a highway, do you complain to strangers about that too?

1 Like

At minimum it needs to be more threatening, unreasonable, and continuous.

“Rude” or maybe even “mean” would be a better word to use here.

1 Like

You originally claimed that this is weak behavior, and that it’s a result of “bully free” environment. My brother, this isn’t real life. I have no personal recourse that I can take against this person. I promise you that I handle bullying in my personal life without seeking an authority figure to handle my issues.

All there is on this game are words and rules.

2 Likes

You misunderstood me. I speculated that feeling that rude words, typed to you, is “harassment” is a result of having a soft life.

2 Likes

Use the ignore function. The most a single person can send you without your consent is one single tell.

Provided that tell is not outright hate speech/slurs/racism… Nobody should be receiving any account punishment over you choosing not to put the person on ignore.

2 Likes

You seem like a gem of a player to play with TBH, typically the ones spouting off are the problem player to begin with cause they think their the hottest stuff around. Any who what you cited as not being harassment goes against the social contract technically so in that context it is.

1 Like

How do you think picking a fight IRL works? It 100% always starts with words.

The only reason these people do it is because it’s not real life.

… aaaand, y’all took the bait.

:upside_down_face:

1 Like

Thanks. I appreciate that. Sadly, I have run into too many players like yourself and OP so I just solo these days.

LOL, bold talk from an alt, along with you don’t seem to grasp that your attitude is why you find yourself in your little circle of isolation.

This is my main. The only character I have higher than this is a level 50 warrior I never play.

Ok…but that doesn’t make it harassment. Or even feel that way to normal people.

Report them and ignore.

The end. After that it is not up to us to punish. Blizzard has a policy and they’ll follow through with what they deem appropriate. You’re getting into vindictive territory.

3 Likes

If the chat is an actual violation of the rules, the first offense on the account is a week Silence which limits play options and social options. Second offense is a week suspension, it goes up from there.

If someone is breaking the rules, report them using the in-game tools. Put them on ignore and you won’t be grouped with them again. Blizzard is not going to tell you what happens to the other player, so please don’t expect that sort of feedback from Blizzard.

8 Likes

uh… no? People have a reasonable expectation to be treated respectfully online. You don’t have to like me but I will have your fair treatment. It is not in the best interest of anyone to set the standard for social interaction at, “I am not responsible for my own behavior, it’s your fault for actually engaging with me.”

The ignore tool does work, true, but it doesn’t excuse the behavior of the person who’s so bad that I have to put them on ignore.

Plus the correct response is to report that person anyways. By all means, ignore them, but if you’re not reporting their behavior you’re technically a guilty party when they think they have an open invitation to continue operating like that.

8 Likes

Just to be clear, I’m not talking about someone getting upset for arguing or trash talking with another player. I’m talking about an un-provoked whisper. As in, you never said anything and this person whispered you something harassing.

I think longer suspension times for TOS violations could reduce toxicity. I won’t comment on what is TOS as that is for Blizz to decide.

1 Like

People’s answers are the same. Ignore and report

1 Like

Um yeah I am anti-tag, but actually pro this, as I get insulted all the time when crap like this happens in games :smiley: