Which Path Did You Take?

Actually it’s more like “take it to the grave” basically I don’t care how angry you are over this. It really doesn’t affect me.

It’s the truth. I don’t care that you think Sylvanas’s redemption arc sucks. I’m willing to move past BFA and Shadowlands and look towards the future of redeemed Sylvanas.

Gotcha so it literally only matters because you like her character and don’t want someone pointing out the hypocrisy of these statements never being applied with consideration to the other elements of the story directly harmed for her lore.

Sylvannas went from viewing her people as ‘arrows’ to a ‘bulwark’ aka meat shield, where as Tyrande was written to be the shining Light of the Kaldorei and Elune who wouldn’t turn on them, and suddenly over an event far less destructive than ones she previously experienced ‘gave up on the Kaldorei for vengeance’ according to Danusers writing. Stop downplaying it simply because you don’t care about her.

Because it was retroactive changes to try and cater to fans. Anyone actually paying attention to what blizzards writing has been saying through SL knows it has not been internally consistent.

And I think telling the female dominant race “No it’s okay, you don’t need justice because we retroactively removed the other characters agency to make YOU look bad for being upset about mass genocide” and forcing a ‘genocide is forgivable’ narrative on us, is just as sexist, and possibly getting kinda close to racist.

2 Likes

This is projection. At no point have I ever said this or implied I think this way.

Sorry, but I’m not going to be your scapegoat to air your grievances towards Sylvanas or her fans.

2 Likes

You literally accuse sexism of people not liking your favorite character while sweeping away years of what blizz did to other races FOR HER STORY that were borderline sexist and racist.

Do you genuinely believe you’re not just as responsible for the toxicity here. Seriously.

4 Likes

That is inherently what the Sylvannas redemption is. “Your genocide and race doesn’t matter because blue eyed, blonde white woman had her lore retroactively changed to make your female lead look bad for being mad.” That is all it has been, this entire time, as far back as blizzard implying it was ‘vengeful’ and evil for Tyrande to want to retake lands the Horde was invading during BfA. Which these people in the writing room chose to carry on and make WORSE in Shadowlands, because they wanted genocide to be redeemable if it’s a horde character doing it.

This is your own logic being put back onto you, even if it makes me ‘sexist’ to care about what happened to the lore of actual positive representations of strong willed, devoted leaders and women like Tyrande, to make her and the benevolent goddess Elune look immensely stupid just for Sylvannas’s genocide to be redeemable.

1 Like

Tell it to the writers. You are barking up the wrong tree.

2 Likes

You’re the one wanting to say pointing this out is sexist, lmao, you chose to walk into this fire and attack me as a human being, when you’re actively choosing to ignore what happened because it doesn’t fit your narrative of wanting your character to be elevated over any other one.

2 Likes

I didn’t target you. You joined this discussion willingly.

Are you self admitting you are sexist? Because that’s what it seems like. If that’s true, good for you for being so self aware!

2 Likes

More willing to point out you’re using that phrase to try and elevate your opinions while brushing past any greater offenses done to the writing of female dominant races or characters in the setting. By all means, if your logic is that you’re not sexist because you’re sweeping all these things under the rug, you’re welcome to think that about yourself. Not very logical though.

2 Likes

You really think you are doing something here hmm. Let it all out. Breathe through the nose out through the mouth. Get it all out.

I would love to have a dicussion about sexism in the narrative with NE fans but not with sexist male NE posters weaponizing sexism against women for thier own indiviudal benefit.

I’ll have this discussion but, not with you. All you are doing is ‘whataboutism’ and it’s honestly not a sign of good faith dialogue relating to sexism.

1 Like

Oh but it’s okay when you weaponize sexism and accusations of it to try and elevate Sylvannas and put down everything else, lol. You’re using it as a weapon yourself. Especially since you’re among the people getting angry at someone else for ‘assuming the worst’ about you, when you are actively doing the same to everyone else, accusing them of things you yourself are doing.

You view it as nothing but something to manipulate for your own gratification. So yeah, I am sorry for letting it all out, because that seems fairly objectively immoral.

2 Likes

Again, whataboutisms. That’s all you have. It’s not a constructive conversation.

You have a problem with Sylvanas, that’s fair but I’m not her and it’s not acceptible for you to take your anger and frustration out on me.

1 Like

The fact you cannot tell the difference between whataboutisms and your own hypocrisy in actions you’re actively still doing… this isn’t some “I hate society” “OH BUT YOU LIVE IN ONE, INTERESTING” moment. You’re choosing to do the things you’re accusing everyone else of.

“You assume the worst intentions.” After you chose to accuse someone of being sexist purely because they don’t have your opinion on Sylvannas because blizzard trashed Night Elf lore FOR HER, and you pretending thats not the case is silly and absurd.

You talk about weaponizing sexism when you can do nothing but constantly try to smother what sexist crap blizz did to multiple over female characters because “well they retroactively changed this for Sylvannas so it’s better.”

By all means, handwave off acknowledgements of your active, willing hypocrisy as ‘whataboutisms’ like you’re someone stuck in an existence doing this out of anything but your own free will, as if that isn’t also immoral and dishonest compared to the ACTUAL stupid arguments on the internet.

You don’t want this discussion because your core point isn’t even good, you want people to mindlessly agree with you, or else their toxic.

1 Like

Have I offended you personally?

This seems personal. Ppl do so much alt swapping in this forum it’s hard to know who I am really talking to.

If you think this is the first time I’ve experienced hostile sexist male anger, you are mistaken.

https://tenor.com/view/abraxas-lotr-lord-of-the-rings-power-rohan-king-gif-14050384

Your insinuations people only care about genocide because they’re sexist is racist, and because it’s disingenuous and damaging to actual discussions of sexism, also sexist. So yes, that offends me. No, I’m not sorry.

You are the toxicity in lore chats. You’re assuming the worst of people as you accuse other people of doing, or willfully using sexism when you KNOW it is not, damaging any legitimate discussion that could be had because the character you’re emotionally invested in cannot be bad, and that genocide is redeemable as long as it’s her.

2 Likes

Who are you again?

Character who only started posting again today to reply to this specific topic…

Someone who only opens up this website now and then to bump his or other guilds threads and sees notifications on the top left part of my screen.

If it helps you feel powerful or something, sure, I can be anyone you want me to be lmao.

And to be hostile towards Sylvanas fans.

You should find a better hobby and outlet for you agression. Try sports maybe?

1 Like

Truly the most persecuted group in history arent they…

3 Likes

Pfft You wish.

Are you done?

1 Like