Whether you're for or against the instance limit

Blizzard needs to implement an in-game way of tracking it if they’re going to stick with the change.

Just put it in the UI element of checking your raid lockouts.
The five per hour was easy to keep track of because that’s not a lot to remember but 30 over 24 hours is much more over a longer period of time… You can’t expect people to track that.

7 Likes

Agreed, I was so confused the first time I hit it back in tbc. I don’t understand why they haven’t made it transparent 16 years later.

1 Like

There already a way.

Get Weakaura for classic
wago . io/1Zqr-ccR4
Remove the spaces.

You’re welcome.

2 Likes

Having to use 3rd party systems is a poor show.

Blizzard should be providing the means for players to track this sort of thing themselves, especially something like this.

6 Likes

Having to use a 3rd party system…

No casual player that uses no addons is hitting 30cap in a day.

It’s 2020, everyone uses addons. Not to add how powerful Weakaura is itself.

Stop fighting it, there are tools out there to help you. If you don’t want to use what’s available then that’s a personal issues.

2 Likes

Addons should be used to enhance someone’s ability to play not be the sole means of tracking in-game mechanics.

Tacking your instance count cause you can’t count to 30 yourself is enchaining your ability to play.

2 Likes

Im probably never going to hit the 30 cap but I would still love for there to be counter in game.

1 Like

Seriadyn, I’d love to hear that you don’t use a single addon in the game.

Must be a poor show that you need addons for raiding and many other things you probably do in game but poor you can’t use a addon to track your instances.

Let me guess you have questie installed? DBM? Gathermate? Probably some UI, Cast bars, Mobs health but god forbid you use a addon that will help enhance your game play by keeping track of your instance count for you.

And the person that spent their time creating the aura for everyone to use, shame on them.

1 Like

Why do you think I have anything against addons?

I’m saying that blizzard should be providing the tools to keep track of things like instance lockouts, they already do it for raid lockouts, why not dungeons?
My issue is that with this change people need to get a 3rd party system to track this at all, there’s no way to track it in the base game.

Addons should be a matter of convenience and enhancement not a matter of being able to do or see something at all

For instance all the addons I use are just trackers of things I can figure out on my own just fine, I’d just rather have the information be more apparent or have reminders.
DBM doesn’t play the raid for me it just warns me of upcoming mechanics, my disenchanting addon just tells me what an item can DE into so I don’t have to go look it up, Questie lets me be lazy with quests without having to look it up, itemrack lets me switch gear fast.
It’s convenience, not necessity.

3 Likes

This is where your confusing the “people need” with “personal issues”.

No one Needs a counter, the mass majority of the player base will never hit the 30cap in a day (unless they’re doing arena spams or something simular) and those that do farm instances that hard already run a few addons and likely already use weakaura as it is.

If you can’t figure out a way to manually count to 30 (pen and paper?) and refused to use a addon to do that for you then all I can suggest is “a c ‚ c ÇÈ ‚ f 30”

1 Like

I dunno what to say other than that my lived experience is that it’s kinda hard to keep track how many times you’ve hit that ‘reset instance’ button after a while.

Most I’ve done is like a 10-15 reset run of Mara to farm gold for profession materials off of the AH and I couldn’t for the life of me tell you exactly how many runs I did, when you get into a rhythm it kind of just blends together.

2 Likes

Ok great now we’re back to the start.

Let me go a bit more in depths.

curseforge . com/wow/addons/weakauras-2/files
Make sure you use the one that has “classic” on it.

wago . io/1Zqr-ccR4
for the instance counter.

There are also a lot of auras you may find very helpful on the wago site that you’ll like. You can share auras in Guild, Party and Raid chats by shift clicking to link them as if you were linking an item.

If you don’t want to use the tools(API that Blizzard lets us use) that’s your choice but Blizzard owes us nothing in regards to a counter when it’s already accessible in the API.

2 Likes

I know what weakauras is, I use weakauras, you’re not listening.
You are saying to use an addon to track this information, I am saying there should not be a need to use an addon.

3 Likes

I give up, you use weakaura already, I gave you the simple solution but you refuse to accept that it’s just that easy.

There’s a reason why theres no need and it’s along the same lines as to why DBM, Threat Meters, Questie are not in house.

They do, it’s in the API, if they didn’t want to provide it then they would have prohibited it like they’ve done with a lot of things over the years.

Woooooooooooooooosh so much woooooosh

4 Likes

Then use the scrip manually.

I disagree. In fact, I would prefer a 3rd party addon. There’s more likely to be a range of choices on which one you want to use and what features are offered. Not to mention it’s more likely to be updated and modified based on player feedback.

Come on. Think about it for a minute.
Blizz doesn’t have the resources available to make all these changes.
The bare minimum is all you’re going to get and you will have to rely on the community making addons for the game for the features you want.

With D4, OW2 and SL, three big money makers, coming down the pipe, there isn’t much left for classic which nets them 0.

I just use a piece of paper and I tally my instance counts, works just fine for me.