Where is the #NoChanges crowd?

Silenced? Purists have been the most vocal… are they the majority? Not even close, but they’re extremely vocal on these forums.

1 Like

Lol, I wish my stool was this soft

1 Like

What is parlor?

Check it out. You’d like it.

1 Like

Can’t find it on app store. You sure that is the name?

My bad. Parler. They couldn’t even spell their own name right.

The #Changes crowd beat me down. I don’t care anymore.

Change w/e and make the game even easier. Doesn’t matter.

Still not on the app store mate.

A tad bit over dramatic aren’t we? Y’all are the vocal majority, plus the game is for all intent and purposes the same game… y’all are making too big a deal over boosts, is it really that deep? Don’t give me these slippery slope non-arguments.

I honestly don’t care much about the boosts. It’s the other stuff that I am over at this point. Change drums, add dual spec, add whatever else forum posts demand. If at the time of release there are too many changes for me, i’ll follow my own advice, and play a different game.

Fair enough, respect it… I personally would prefer the game stay closer to original, but also I personally would like the boost and dual spec wouldn’t be terrible. But honestly, I’m gonna play whether they add 100 things or 0. TBC was a big deal for me.

1 Like

You are letting the machine win

Care to elaborate on that?

You are saying that tbc was a big part of your life, but you don’t mind micro transactions and p2w mechanics that will ruin the experience and the economy in general. If you love tbc so much you shouldn’t advocate for this radical change.

Not gonna ruin my experience… lol

I don’t think many of you purists know what “pay to win” is… a boosted character doesn’t get an advantage over a manually leveled 58…

I do love TBC and I’m pro-boost. I did not enjoy Vanilla.

5 Likes

Parler was removed from the app store by Apple after the events of Jan. 6th.

That’s a fairly inaccurate assumption there. But sure let us make things up.
A lot of us are just not as invested in the thought of fully re-experiencing TBC as it was back then as to thoroughly want “no changes” for it.

I can almost taste the palpable anger in those words.

Well both of those actually increase the overall experience of how WoW used to be. Heck we’re lucky it’s not queues every friday and saturday night like it was for many servers back then.
If the queues were endless, which they obviously eventually stopped, then that’d be a good argument. The “world buff meta” doesn’t exist for everyone entirely, that said it did become tiring and I think waiting until after phase 6 and everything being cleared to introduce this new world buff saving item was a very brilliant and minimally intrusive way to fix a lot of that issue.

Not really a “no changes” argument though. I mean we’d of been even happier if they went through the actual patches rather than phases with 1.12 as base.

I think the way they implemented the batching back in is more so the issue. I could be wrong however.

Unforeseen issue. Who was arguing against mage boosting prior to it being a big thing? That said I’ve been off forums so if there was a no changes group defending it being in Classic then I clearly disagree with them.

While I am generally on your side here to some degree, mage boosting is essentially on level with it. Most people using it bought the gold from sites and a number of the boosting mages are literally doing it for the same sites to sell the gold out again.

100%

It is an issue that really needs to be fixed.

It’s because leveling is “bad” and feels “meaningless” to alot of players. To me, it’s character progression. I could level alts and enjoy it as well as playing my main. But I think it’s more of a time management issue with certain players. Time is money friend.

3 Likes

While I do not consider myself strictly in the #NoChanges crowd I am not a fan of the boost.
I am not against the boost either, at least not inherently. For the people who just want to play TBC and are coming back for TBC and for a chance to jump into the outlands and play with their friends I am glad this boost is present. I am happy they can jump in and enjoy the game at their liesure.

However, I support there being fresh tbc servers that have no bosst and no cash shop because I feel like boosting will make the already-potent problem of botting far worse. Yes, bots will be present in any fresh server with or without boosts - the fresh market gives a stronger incentive for them to be present and even charge more money initially. If anything, fresh servers would have more bots.

However, the community who would be willing to give up their time investment thus far and start fresh is also less likely to foster to bots and to dungeon boosting mages and things of this nature.
The players who already invested real money are also less likely to budge - they are vested where they are at so unless they are terribly rich and don’t mind tossing away the hundreds or more they spent on gold etc… they would not start over.

The players of a community willing to start fresh without boosts would be more willing to locate and report bots. Blizzard takes action against bots - some of them anyway. I suspect the bots with the most reports are the most likely to receive action. It is more likely with a community who is tired of just shrugging as they see bots that these bots will have an ocean of reports and ideally they will be actioned against. It is blizzard, so we never know for sure on that last one.

A community willing to start over would be less likely to buy gold. If no one buys gold the bot issue resolves itself. They have to make money to support the trade. Will no one buy gold? I wish. That’s an ideal world. But I am a cynic - I am confident someone would. But I believe there would be less.

Anyway, I am not part of the #NoChanges but I do feel like fresh servers will have better results against botting based on community taking up the reigns and responding/playing in a way that does not condone botting.