Where do i start bfa quest line?

I tried looking it up on google and it says stormwind harbor but idk if it has been changed with prepatch ive also created this character before prepatch if this means anything too. i wanna do it so i can unlock allied races.

Go talk to Chromie, she will be near the SW embassy, sitting on a blue hourglass. Chromie will allow you to choose whichever expac you want to level in and will start the quest chain for it.

The character you’re posting from is a Classic character, so it won’t have access to BfA. For any other new characters created in the retail game, they will automatically go to BfA content unless you speak with Chromie. Existing characters you may be able to go straight to Anduin to start the chain, I haven’t tried that yet.

i looked at chromie and i dont see the choice for bfa the options i see are the cata, portal to outland, fall of lich king, wilds of pandoria, the iron horde, and legion invansion. also where do you find anduin i looked in stormwind keep but dont see him.

i figure bfa is the default one but cant find where the npc to start it atm.

1 Like

This is incorrect. As BFA is not available from the list Chromie offers. That said I have run into the same issue as the OP. I have no way to start BFA.

2 Likes

There is an NPC standing near the hero’s call board that should have the BfA starter quest.

4 Likes

He does not. He won’t talk to me.

It must be a bug. I can’t start BFA quest on both of my 45 characters. But a new Allied race character can start it.

I just checked on a level 30ish character, and they are also not able to see the quest. I also checked the harbor and the throne room as well as looked to see if the Boralus Portal was usable — it wasn’t.

I’d report it as a bug.

There’s some bugs:

except bfa

I could not do BFA with this character that already existed. I leveled to 50 in other areas, got the quest to get the heart of azeroth and now I have the necklace and no quests have opened up. I’m stuck…

3 Likes

Just got level 50 on my void elf and i can’t find a way to get to BFA, i got the quest for the heart of azeroth but that’s it, didn’t get any more quest, so what do i do now?

1 Like

So I think i found the problem. Due to level squish the condition for BFA quest thread is 45. Even though if you are fresh character you can go to BFA at 10, but if you are somewhere above you cannot pick that quest chain unless you are 45. and until SH releases or blizz patches it non fresh chars are locked out of BFA

Running into a similar situation on my Forsaken Mage I made for Exile’s Reach.

She followed the quest chain your given (which showed no option to opt to do Battle for Lorderon or Stormwind Extration) to go level in BFA and that experience for some reason included neither Stormwind Extraction or Battle for Lorderon and now that she reached 50 I still see no way to do either scenario and Ogrimmar is still phased without the Forsaken camp.

Don’t really get why they’d want to remove some of the interesting parts of BFA and Stormwind Extraction was one of my favorite parts of BFA.

Same thing happened to me, lmk if you find a solution

Same here!

This is ridiculous. I just want to level my alts in bfa why the hell does blizz always gate this game in the most arbitrary and stupid ways?

4 Likes

Last night I dinged 50 on this character. Chromie teleported me out and had me go see Magnie in silithus. Got my heart and after that nothing. No quest, nothing in the adventure guide, no idea what to do now. I’m a newish player that has no idea what’s going on.

1 Like

There are some bugs getting the starting quest for BfA. It’s a known issue, so they are working on a fix. (This is a big part of why they have a pre-patch — to find these bugs before the expansion goes live.)

If Nathanos on the ramparts doesn’t have a quest, and you can’t pick up a quest from the NPC standing next to the Warchief’s Command board in front of Grommash Hold, you’ll probably just have to wait for a fix. I’m seeing a lot more issues with the quest Alliance side, so it’s definately worth putting in a bug report if you are seeing it on Horde. If you go to the in game menu, select the help option. One of the options on the side is for reporting bugs.