Where did all the Silvermoon RP run off too?

The Wyvern Tail is where you’ll find most spontaneous RP these days. It’s hopping there in the evening.

2 Likes

Is that in Org?

Yep. Org is where all the non-event RP is. otherwise, WrA is very event- and guild-focused. Many of the events are public, so they’re quite enjoyable. I recommend finding guilds and friends for RP on this server, though. I’ve had good experiences doing that.

Heck, I’m thinking of starting my own adventure guild with a slight Illidari theme.

3 Likes

Wyrmrest has been guild centeric for a while and it’s become even more so in recent expansions, if you want to be pointed in the direction of Blood Elf guilds there’s a few good options I can recommend! Sunreavers and The Ashen Court come to mind:

3 Likes

Thanks I’ll look into them but I’m not really looking for race specific especially now that guilds can be horde and alliance.

If you want to see what the rest of the server is up to I recommend the Wyrmrest Community Project Discord server as well! There’s an event calendar and guild listings:

There’s ALSO going to be a combined Horde/Alliance guild Faire! The server does separate Horde and Alliance fairs monthly, but with the new guild system will be a special joint Faire!

1 Like

Yes it’s dead. Please do not come here. We are dead and trying to remain dead. I’m sick of people saying we’re alive and well, I’m not okay and sick and tired

6 post 27k+ achievement level 60 male blood elf paladin thread

Jumping to conclusion all RP is dead because Silvermoon RP is gone and it’s moved to other places and then saying you’re not interested in race specific guilds is not completely unhinged but also I’m not faithful you care much at all about whatever it is you’re talking about

2 Likes

I also took a break a bit before SL released and recently returned and I was wondering the same about Silvermoon too the other day. I hope it becomes more lively again and if it is a weird sharding thing Blizzard fixes that. Easily one of my fave zones aesthetically and Blood Elves are great!

i have some theories as to why SMC is quiet and belf rp is generally smaller now.

1. Blizzard has killed blood elf identity. Being a blood elf no longer feels the way you felt when rolling a belf in BC. Add to the fact that the Nightborne deliver on the original fantasy of the blood elves and there’s a community split.
  2. in addition, void elves can now be high elves. I’ve heard people say that void elves are also reminders of why they rolled a blood elf in the first place (and i feel this way about demon hunters). So that’s another community split.
  3. Finally, you have the people that want to be a pretty elf in a video game, particularly queer people who like being androgynous. There might be some other video game that delivers on this fantasy a little better. And if you were never invested in blood elves as an identity, Elezen are just as good.

In conclusion: if we’re going to repopulate the blood elf population, we have to make blood elves better. We need prettier faces for belf men. And more thigh highs for male models in general. That’s all. Thank you for coming to my TED talk.

2 Likes

We used to RP in Silvermoon more as I had the guild stationed there but after being trolled a few times, we left for Suramar and Dalaran.

2 Likes

I’m sad I missed this bit because SMC is my favorite place to chill.
Sometimes I’m just there by myself but yeah, the inn in Org is where all
the open, fun stuff happens. Maybe if people started making events or pushing to other places it could revive but that’s really up to the players.

MG Horde is way lower pop than this and really “guild” - centric so you gotta pick your poison.
I’d stay here and try to make here if you wanna stay Horde though, there’s way more options here to RP.

1 Like

My absence, swapping between characters, and the fact that the post was asking about RP in a city in which I used to RP in all the time is probably a good reason as to why this character is still level 60 as opposed to 120 which he was the last time I even played him. It was a genuine question not a troll, please kindly exit the thread if you don’t have actual insight to share or suggestions on how to proceed.

3 Likes

Well, here’s something else to add/consider:

Noble House and Political rp is much more represented on Alliance with opt-in options. Even disregarding the opt-in projects, that genre of rp is something that doesn’t and hasn’t worked out well any time I’ve heard of a belf specific council of nobles being formed on WRA. Those kinds of faces and personalities that lead to drama have a harder time trying again with a pool that can easily spot and avoid them, as opposed to MG, I guess.

Crime/Criminal rp is much more open there, too. Accepted? Probably not, but it’s the same thing of sw having such a huge population that your crime guild can die and be reborn multiple times for better or worse. Considering some slur throwing folks keep resurfacing, anyway.

4 Likes

Perfect response, thank you

Ah yeah, the fourth consideration: if you’re RP’ing belves as basically Game of Thrones humans anyway, why not just play on Alliance?

Me, personally, if you asked me to play a blood elf these days, I’d probably play a Draenei instead.

1 Like

Silvermoon was the place but sadly it has gone.

Most RP, Horde, Wyrmrest Accord is in the Valley of Honor in Org.

1 Like

Hey friend,

You filled out the Sunreavers app but you didn’t include your FULL discord handle so I have no way to reach you… could you get that to me somehow?

I was thinking the same way as well. Where did all the big players that was full in silvermoon go.