Where are the Devs? Lack of discussion

Exactly. This is about the achievement text being wrong.

It’s not some “blizzard hates casual players” thing like some people are trying to make it out to be.

Somebody at Blizzard screwed up and didn’t proofread the achievement text.
Blizzard should fix it by making the achievement match the published text that’s already live in-game.
And I think they probably will.

1 Like

Just to clarify: I think Blizzard hates all of us.

Yes, I’m being facetious.

Mostly.

“Hate” is a strong word but I bet “dislike” isn’t that far off the mark.

I really hope so.

That’s my take as well.

I always find it’s better to assume incompetence than assign some devious master plan to stuff like this. There was no evil, corporate intent to bait and switch to get more people subbed. This was just Blizz being sloppy like they have all expansion.

They’re mailing in Season Four and this is just another example.

Let’s say you run a taco truck.

And your sign says the daily special comes with chips.

And the sign-maker made an error. It wasn’t supposed to come with chips.

What do you do?

You give people the chips you advertised, that’s what you do.

Get a new sign-maker, sure. But give the people their chips.

3 Likes

Didn’t you quit the game for a few weeks back when Mage Tower rolled out and bear challenge was too hard?

…but you’re still here, still subbed and still posting on the forums (requires an active sub for ability to post) :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Don’t quit. You’re one of the only good cc members left

1 Like

Yeah I agree.

Btw, I did want to point out another difference with the slime cat.

There were a lot of people that voted for it. There was a chance to get it for free, no matter if you were a mythic raider, a gladiator or someone like me that’s in their own guild.

So far they have been putting these alternate rewards behind some interesting walls. There are a lot of people that will never own the book. There will be a lot of people that will never own the cat because it’s implied (there’s that wording again) that Fated Shadowland’s raids will be limited time.

So I’m going to guess that’s why people are more angry than normal.

2 Likes

Game publishers doing polls never ends well. Hopefully more publishers will figure that out, and stop doing polls.

As if they needed more than Boaty McBoatface to realize that.

Additional Thought:
If they’re really clever, they’ll announce that the slime cat achievement will be available in LFR, but they won’t be able to patch it in by the 2nd. And that they don’t want to start offering it mid-cycle, SO it won’t give credit on LFR until the 23rd. That way, if they really did want to entice people into Normal, then the IT MUST BE MINE RIGHT NOW crowd will do it on Normal right away, while people who won’t do Normal ever can wait until the 23rd.

2 Likes

20 man hard limits sounds like a WoD thread, I think by not changing it they pretty much told "Yes it is a hard limit and we are not changing because its our game and we can do whatever we want. You don’t like it quit but you will be back we know it :smiley: "

1 Like

It’s important for CCs to quit, or at least to claim that they are quitting. At least that’s what they blast in their headline. Then down in the fine print they say “well, quit posting videos, sort of, but I’m still going to play and maybe I’ll come back”.

It’s called “The Preach maneuver”.

I don’t see how. Streamers get paid to whine about quitting, CC members don’t.

So why bother?

1 Like

At the same time, wow players have a habit of making up rules based on absolutely nothing, and getting mad when the devs don’t follow them.

CC can also mean “Content Creator”. It refers to people in general who are in the business of creating content for social media.

My bad. I thought you were referring to the other meaning of the acronym.

1 Like

A recent video uncovered an old Brann Bronzebeard quote.
Blood Elves don’t see themselves as High Elves anymore.

High Elves = Alliance only, if this is true.

I do remember how awful the change was. It was so big, it hit several MMO pages and the developers had to give Q&As about it.

Just mention it to the current CEO on twitter and it will likely do wonders.

I believe most people don’t even know about the PVP mounts and that they have the new polygon models.

1 Like

Sure, and after 1776 Americans didn’t see themselves as British any more but we were still the same race, still the same species.

You can look at a Human and an Orc and see that they are clearly not the same thing, but if you look at a High Elf and a Blood Elf you would have to ask about their citizenship to know which is which.

Another point, it doesn’t make much sense to say that Alleria and Vereesa Windrunner are a different race considering that they are full sisters.

Then they honor it. You don’t just fix the text.

If a store accidentally marks an item at an unintended price, they honor it. Why? Because if they don’t, they know they will lose the trust of those people and possibly them as customers forever.

5 Likes

Someone clearly doesn’t remember me saying if they brought it back full time it’d be fine because I can work towards it when I feel like it, eh? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

But I did indeed not play for 3 months after that, FYI lol. And didn’t intend to come back. I came back because I got on the cc and gave them the benefit of the doubt they might listen to some mage tower feedback, which they did, (it being up all the time) still believe guardian in particular is vastly overtuned though.

4 Likes

Looks like I was wrong.

Pretty surprised. This would have been such an easy win for everyone.

2 Likes

I’m glad some CC members open their eyes to the ratio between response/topics, livechats announcement… Etc

Blizzard should care about that feedback tool if they want to avoid GD, actually you get more responses on twitter that here… That’s a bad approach.

Also, there’s bad feedbak but a reply why its considered bad or not important will be great, personally I don’t get how the 500 mount achievement feedbak was listen but not comprehend, Devs just changed it from 1 build to another, if the goal is always using a recolor maybe some insight will be good. Just like Ion answer to MrGm that mentioned that this achievements take 4+ years due to new players perception with removed mounts :man_shrugging:.