When will we be able to make Earthen?

I think all early access purchasers should be given a free race change and a level 70 boost for the inconvenience.

But, that will never happen.

6 Likes

At the very least, acknowledge that they screwed up. This whole “drop a bomb and run away” tactic has gotten so old.

2 Likes

Luckily they didn’t just do the US like that. EU was done the same. (EU has an entire thread about it as well)

I’m usually with Blizzard on most things, but can’t turn a blind eye to the blatant disregard for their advertisement. Hopefully they learn from this.

4 Likes

Honestly I’d just settle for “and here are Earthen”

3 Likes

Even if I was going to buy one, I wouldn’t give them an extra dime now

4 Likes

Yep me too. They had a decent launching off point from what content unlocked yesterday, they could easily just unlock them at that moment and call it good. Hell, it’s a flag change, and simple enough that it could be hot-fixed in. But they wont. They’ll ignore us and double down on it. Or if they do say anything it’ll be after next week.

3 Likes

I love misleading information. A lot of people were expecting to unlock them with release and a few quest chains etc.

This. So silly.

2 Likes

Yeah, this was a solid L on Blizzard’s part, which is sad, given that so much of the rest of the expansion is great.

2 Likes

Their actions today will tell us if we’re heading towards another 2 years of a Shadowlands Mindset from them, or a Dragonflight.

1 Like

They’re kind of in a “danged if they do, danged if they don’t” situation.

If they DO hot fix it and make Earthen Unlockable now then they have to admit that something funny happened.

If they DO NOT hot fix it and make Earthen Unlockable now then they have to deal with us on the forums >.>

1 Like

It’s also illegal in my country of Sweden.

Get your crap together, blizzard. Please?

3 Likes

Im still coping lol, i was hoping they would see this yesterday and choose to just axe that last part off the achievement. I went through the same emotions and thoughts you described in your earlier response and now im entertaining looking into a refund.

2 Likes

So… I can’t play the race I wanted to main… poor form… do better. I have now wasted a week… I have 5 level 80’s for the 25% xp boost so I could roll a earthen main, get up to 80 and gear it for mythics. Feel all of my time has been wasted now… Looks like no sleep for me for a week while I play catchup while working during the day… hope I don’t doze off behind the wheel XD

1 Like

Jokes on us, they don’t read the forums (they just respond very quickly and run away).

1 Like

Much appreciated. To their merit, Wowhead had accurate information that matches yours (they cited Blizzard as the source), so I know that I’ll be able to unlock the Earthen next week.

That has been my top priority. I enjoy collecting allied races and grabbing their unique armor transmog. It’s just my thing.

1 Like

I mean it’s been a wild ride of emotions for sure >.<

Like I think I’m one of the few players who were actually genuinely excited about Earthen. Most of the player base complained about “another dwarf recolor”, but I thought they were super cool and shiny :heart: And have put a lot of thought into the name, class, and even RP aspects.

During EA when I realized “oh, this can’t be done” I was annoyed, but no biggie. The max level stuff unlocks during 26th, great, I can do it then.

And of course I spent a non-zero amount of time excited about being able to get home and make my Earthen.

But when someone suggested “don’t get your hopes up” - I posted on the forums and here we are now

Of course, I’m the one who got my hopes up and all that. But at the same time I did so cause of what I read. At least to me, it made sense to me that I could conclude I’d have my Earthen by now.

I’m still hyped - and it gives me more time to think about my Earthen :heart: But it’s frustrating never-the-less.

5 Likes

Wowhead literally claimed you could do it upon completing the side chains and the level up campaign, which several of us did during early access.

They’re just guessing like the rest of us.

1 Like

I wouldn’t be so quick to assume that. Wowhead has changed the information every time Blizzard made an update. They just make a new article every time.
They guessed based off Beta originally. Then they made a slight adjustment and guessed based off of EA. Now we have the latest one from Wowhead that just outright quotes what Kaivax posted on the forums. They know just as much as we do.

Edit: Incase this is the Article you saw, ‘https://www.wowhead.com/news/earthen-allied-race-and-final-campaign-chapter-coming-september-3rd-346167’ it just quotes Kaivax.

1 Like

Hey dude, Offtopic but how are you liking Paladin in new XPac?

kinda sucks to time gate a sub race. why?