When will we be able to make Earthen?

Definitely not.

This is the lowest level of someone doing their job.

Responding to a simple question on the forums when it’s your job to do so is not exactly raiseworthy.

Have we come to accept that people should get paid just for showing up, but if they actually do part of what their hired for that’s praiseworthy?

2 Likes

I guess it’s more like you will have the ability to unlock earthen in the future.

They should have just unlocked Earthen for the early access pre-orders, and others can unlock them via the achievement.

There is clearly a conflict between the marketing, as represented, and the product.

This isn’t rocket science, they screwed up.

It has nothing to do if the Earthen are ready or not because the assets are ingame and clearly ready and were in Beta. They’re coded behind an unlock that hasn’t rolled out yet, that’s it.

And, I wouldn’t expect a hotfix considering they are scheduled for 9-3.

What they should do is give you a free lvl 70 boost, or a pro-rated refund. But, anything of the sort is doubtful because it would probably take a team of 30 interns just to make it right, and they would screw it up anyway.

1 Like

Precisely, but most WOW players posting on here seem not to be able to READ and simply assumes they know how things work.

My guy, this company was paying for advertisements when pathfinder was made available in Legion.

They overhype everything.

1 Like

Welp it’s officially after midnight blizzard time. Which means they officially lied on their advertisement.

1 Like

THAT was a Lie! (youtube.com)

Thank you again, Kaivax, for your response! Not going to lie, I kind of “freaked out” when a blue post responded to me :heart:

And may or may not have saved the screenshot! Thank you for everything you do to help the community Kaivax!

To add my voice to the conversation which seemed to have blown up >.> based on everything that was communicated I had expectations to be able to play / create earthen during EA or at the very least last night.

And of course whenever expectations aren’t meet there’s usually frustration. I know I was personally looking forward to spending hours in the dressing room making my Earthen >.< I’ve been hype’d for them since I saw their customizations. Shiny dwarves!

I’m never-the-less excited to make my shiny dwarf on Sept 3rd - but this whole situation is very much frustrating

Edit: grammar

1 Like

IMO I think the higher ups are blocking them from doing their job.

:surfing_woman: :surfing_man:

1 Like

Just scrolled through my mails and found this as well in the German version of the advertising mails which according to German law is false advertisement.
Also the sentence was obviously translated by AI, inventing some funky new German words that didn’t exist until now. :laughing:

3 Likes

thx for the clarification

now, who’s bright idea was it to delay it like this?
Bungie tried this move with Destiny 2. one of MANY things that contributed to their downfall, and I feel like whoever was involved in approving this decision needs to be re-educated on this fact

3 Likes

I was starting to trust Blizzard before the Earthen mess, now I lost all trust in Blizzard. What they did was a blatant lie. I was led to believe we could play as an earthen the day of release. When I saw they were unlocked after doing achievements I freaked, here we go again new races that HAVE to be unlocked. If I had known the earthen would be tied up in all that, I would NOT have purchased the epic edition. I WILL stop buying all extras from blizz, only money they will get from me is my Monthly sub.

4 Likes

When you finish the campaign as it is now you get the pop up that you can play in any order in alts and that you can now unlock Earthen. Maybe I’ll be pleasantly surprised when I log in and see the ability to make them.

3 Likes

My copium is that during the maintenance / downtime today they’ll have changed the requirements after all the player ‘feedback’ they’ve received in the past 24 hours.

One can hope at least

5 Likes

Yesterday I saw a level 76-79 earthen you can unlock them now :flushed:

Typical corporate greed and lying, they said New Playable Race, but isn’t’ playable until after launch.

2 Likes

Nope - what you most likely saw is a player with the Cursed Pickaxe in their bag. It gives you the appearance of an earthen and changes your tooltip to “earthen class”

3 Likes

I wish, but sadly not yet. People are using toys and other items to change themselves temporarily. If you are referring to their tooltips saying they are earthen, that has been that way for a while now. When you transform into another race, your tooltip updates to reflect your current form.

1 Like

I did not know that :hushed:

Its a super fun item :heart:

I got it on this toon - and need to go grab it on others!

You can buy the race change now and just have it banked and unused.

I bought one during the last sale for when Dracthyr become available. There’s no expiration date on them.

But yes, I do agree. This was quite shady and dishonest on Blizzard’s part. Advertising they were available at launch and now, promotion emails say “Start unlocking Earthen.”

2 Likes