When will we be able to make Earthen?

Hold the phone, all the marketing pointed to Earthen being unlockable immediately… In fact, the marketing pointed they should have been unlockable during Early Access…

Why on earth do they keep getting pushed back… I am pretty sure interviews even clearly stated that Earthen would not be time gated…

16 Likes

I disagree. When you look at their track record as a company, especially in recent years, it absolutely can be the final straw. We shouldn’t have to fight tooth and nail with a billion dollar company to get what we paid for when we were told that we were going to get it.

The little things add up over time, especially when there was a really big thing a few years ago that they’re trying to earn our trust back over.

5 Likes

Not fake, likely just the original version before they edited it (likely today) like they did the website

Wowhead isn’t going to attribute a fake image to blizzard

2 Likes

How much does Blizzard pay you for being their knight in shining armor? If it’s worth it I’ll probably apply for that position too.

6 Likes

This is EXTREMELY disappointing to hear when it was advertised that we would be able to play the Earthen early, and then we cannot do it? Can I get a partial refund on my early access since you did not fulfill what you advertised? Took vacation time off work so that I can level a Earthen Shaman, and same with my husband, and we cannot even do it for another week? SO we miss out on crafting, leveling, and dungeons as an Earthen. This is very unprofessional, will not be purchasing again for our accounts.

5 Likes

Ok, so why a week after launch? Why all the timegating.

5 Likes

So why did Blizzard say you could unlock them during early access?

“Unlock playable Earthen characters after completing their quests and the overall level-up campaign.”

And yet on the early access now live announcement, they say you only need to do their quests and the overall level-up campaign. Which I have linked above.

13 Likes

Earthen will still be the or one of the least played. :sweat_smile::joy:

which makesi t even moe silly to delay them

Why are so many white knights defending this disgusting corporate behavior?

8 Likes

The statement falls within the timeframe if august 22nd to august 26th which means blizzard failed to deliver as adverised.

7 Likes

I was able to do 2 of the 5 chapters today.

This is the worst plan ever. First you advertised it for launch, and secondly, this coming weekend is a holiday weekend when lots of people will be playing. Yet now we have to wait until the 3rd? Come on.

5 Likes

Anyone else remember them stating that they wouldn’t be timegating this…

Seriously, bad omens for the future. If we can’t even trust what a company puts out as advertisements or as planned releases… What can we trust? not that my trust level here was immense… but dang, any goodwill you garnered from Dragonflight is out the window. We’re back to Shadowlands Mentality

6 Likes

Not directing my distaste towards you Kaivax, you’re just doing your job.

This is really nonsense. We have the road map that says they’ll be available in EA/Official Launch, plus the “Get back in the adventure” thing in the launcher that says level-up campaign and the official Blizzard emails that also note Earthen being available after the level-up campaign.

Real trash move throwing out all this wrong information and then waiting until right before official release to tell people otherwise. All that excitement for TWW went out the window…

12 Likes

The very email I received tonight indicated the level-up campaign was the requirement. You can’t tell people in your own publications to do one thing then tell them they are wrong for expecting it when they complete that.

8 Likes

“Unlock playable Earthen characters after completing their quests and the overall level-up campaign”

Is what it says at the very bottom of several emails in regards to unlocking them.

It specifically mentions level up campaign, to me that implies completing all four zones major quest lines while levelling up and not the entire max level main quest storyline. To me those are two completely separate different things otherwise the wording would specifically state that you needed to complete the entire campaign from start to finish.

That’s just me though.

8 Likes

pretty scummy move to sell the expansion through false info ngl, i know many people bought the epic edition to try and speed up getting earthen only to get stonewalled. twice. hehe stonewalled. cause they’re made of rocks…

6 Likes

I’m pretty patient when it comes to things like this, I try not to be overly petty when it comes to complaining. I do agree with the majority of people here though as there is a legitimate gripe to be had due to the confusion surrounding what’s needed and required to unlock them as Blizzard has been extremely vague on this.

The verbage used to describe what’s required to unlock them was done extremely poorly in their promotional material.

3 Likes

Blizzard “It’s just water under the fridge, doesn’t take a genous to figure out it wouldn’t be available at launch (which we [REDACTED]). It’s not rocket appliances. Why don’t you all play our Warcraft mobile game in the meantime, you all have phones don’t you?”

1 Like