When will we be able to make Earthen?

Honestly my issue isn’t even the gating.

It’s the fact they’re trying to gaslight us into saying it was always the intention despite releasing an official image that says otherwise, and further gaslighting us that we just misread the very clear image.

Like, “After careful consideration, we decided to delay earthen until next week so people without early access don’t have access to earthen earlier than those without” would have been simple, concise, and understandable.

But gaslighting us? That just makes me annoyed.

9 Likes

Right. That’s the only explanation that makes sense to me as well, but if it is the reason, they should just say it.

4 Likes

Should have said that before ea then though, either way I get to take time off wow I guess

1 Like

It’s to get extra money out of peoples subscription

Though, that kind of communication, would need to come out before the Early Access started. They can’t retroactively state that. Because it’d still come off disingenuous.

snuffs copium

It’s because they’re adding dk and druid for them and making quests models to justify that hence the delay. That’s the only justification I will accept.

3 Likes

too bad they already said they arent making deathknigth bc of lore reasons but i was hoping too

gotta love blizzard outright lying to their players right?
you can find official, in the articles linked on the launcher in the “get back in the fight” article, the “learn more” link that takes you to the Earthen page, and I quote says
" * Level-up campaign

• Help Machinist Kittrin mend broken tools
  • Assist Councilward Merrix in returning stability to Dornogal in Bad Business.
  • Help Urtago and Korgran perform a ceremony
  • Help Urtago at Fallside Outpost take on her new role"
    and yet here we are “oh no, it isn’t what we said, you have to do some timegated lvl 80 campaign now too!”
    this is a complete scam, I deserve a refund for this nonsense.
    because wtf?
    this is not what was promised.
6 Likes

I’m not sure I want to make one. They’re just reskinned Dwarfs AGAIN. Why couldn’t we have gotten those awesome friendly Kobolds instead?

Lore? They’re honoring their lore? and they’re serious? Oh wait… They’re serious

Cause with being re-introduced to the previously established dead Arathian Empire…

This has been blizzard for almost a decade now. Lie, deceive, play dumb, It’s their entire playbook.

4 Likes

Terribly interesting, then, that I have seen a real actual level 80 earthen death knight sanding right next to me in Azh Kahet and was like, “You got your main to 80 and did all the reputations and all the quests and THEN you levelled an earthen to 80 in 4 DAYS?”

Gratz, dude.

On the eu forums its been noted that blizzard has now edited their store to remove earthen being listed as a launch feature.

Blizzard wears me out…

9 Likes

It’ll at least save them from having to give any potential things back to any players who purchase it from this day forward when/if it goes to court over False Advertisement.

Edit: Still a very very very very scummy thing to do. But, What do I know. I’m just a honorable person who definitely knows this is not what you do.

This screams Someones panicking about what someone should rightfully do and sue them. And now they’re trying to backtrack everything to make it not appear thats what happened.

2 Likes

not what was put out in the advertisments/ emails. sneaky blizz

1 Like

My guess is not cause of the sale thing because as people are saying, you can buy them now and just save it to race change to Earthen. My thought is, the reason they are time gating is because of the early access people. They don’t want early access people to be able to do it before people who just started it today. This way, the extra week gives the people who just started today time to level to 80 and get everything out of the way, and we all can unlock them together.

Lore can be changed, altered. For example DK earthern are from northrend instead of dorn. Boom justified.

So you (the royal you, not you specifically) blatantly lied to us about the race being available at launch/early access? Furthermore you insult us by trying to gaslight us into thinking that the new release date was always the intended date.

Truth be told, I cant comprehend WHY you’re doing this. Why wait until 30 minutes to launch to make the errata? Why even time gate it in the first place? Why contradict yourselves when there is irrefutable proof to the contrary that you still have up on your own website?

I cant help but feel like this is just a sign of what’s to come, either you’re just openly duplicitous or you’re not unable to provide a product as advertised. Neither of which are things I want to pay a subscription for.

9 Likes

That’s a bummer. Oh well, at least there’s no rush.

So what you’re saying is that you guys (well not you specifically) lied to everyone when we were told between 22 and 26?

8 Likes