When will the Alliance be humiliated?

lol welcome back kyalin

2 Likes

You’re one to talk. You have Warbraid, an alt of Talendras, liking all your posts in other threads.

… I am not calling him a white knight

What I was saying is that people can be sexist without realizing it.

2 Likes

I’m just saying hi to an old friend I don’t know what you’re on about

The Kaldorei are matriarchal society. So the sheer fact that Blizz can’t consistently write them as such, with men serving the more submissive roles within the culture, makes it clear regarding their predisposition towards women and their relationships with the opposite sex.

They could, the problem is that they don’t want to. Might be me, but men historically have rarely ever wrote women characters well. I know there are authors who have but I’m drawing a blank at the moment.

On that note about Garrosh, a quick anecdote, there has only ever been one other instance of the “b” word being used in all of Warcraft, want to a make a quick guess when it was used? It was used to refer to Jaina in Tides of Wars by the final orc boss of
they Theramore scenario(they use “wench” instead ingame so yeah, even in MoP Blizzard wanted to avoid the use of this word). Now, why do I mention this? It is because I think the use of the B word was to point out Garrosh/ Warlord Rok’nah were the bad guys and that we are not suppose to be rooting for them. Admittedly maybe this type of language is too harsh hence why it was removed.

As for the “Hush Tyrande” line itself, maybe it was problematic but then the question becomes is it more important to be consistent to the story we told and not self censor or change this particular dialog?(if Well of Eternity was added now instead of back in Cata we might have a different response regarding Blizzard’s priority)

That just sounds like reverse discrimination. At this point, Blizzard and Warcraft seem to be trying to say that both genders are EQUAL, and that no one is inherently submissive to the other. To the point that they made it clear Magni was in the wrong with her daughter Moira and that Thrall literally made a declaration that men and women are equal.

The one race that actually had this dichotomy(blood trolls) were clearly portrayed in a negative light.

Let’s not turn to the dark side, here.

We have cookies though :wolf:

What I have learned from being a fan of Nathanos, is when a man is actually depicted in a secondary or submissive role to a woman, the entite male playbase takes deep offense to it.

Masculinity is really fragile.

3 Likes

There is no such thing. Discrimination is just discrimination. And yes, within Kaldorei Society, men are seen as “farther from the heart of Elune”. It is a veiwpoint that stems from their religion, which is at the heart of Kaldorei culture, society and governance.

But we know from evidence dating back to Warcraft three, and as recent as mid BFA, that the Kaldorei are a matriarchal society, with women dominantly holding all the systemic power, and most of the cultural infulence.

3 Likes

Um, sorry. That’s not what I meant. I’m talking about men having lesser roles and being officially discriminated against in Kaldorei society. Night Elves had strict gender roles for sure, but those have been mostly relaxed.

And I think Blizzard has slowly changed that dichotomy as well. Yes, nominally it is still Matriachal but I think in a generation or two they will be more egalaterian.
https:// wowpedia.fandom .com/wiki/Druid_and_Priest_Statue_Set

It was a tremendous societal change when night elf men were allowed to become priests and the women druids. For thousands of years previously, the two roles had been exclusive to the other gender. This pair of statues commemorates those momentous and tumultuous events.

There’s nothing wrong with a man being submissive or feminine, it’s sad that the hyper masculine types flip out over such a notion. Most men do have very fragile egos.

1 Like

Of course you think that, because you have a problem with women.

No, I have a problem with discrimination, of any gender.

1 Like

Yes, but insitutionalized sexism disproportionately effects women.

1 Like

I think the lines blurr when it comes to cultural norms. Even if men -can- become Priests. Very few do. In fact, I don’t think there is a single named Night Elf Priest of Elune in WoW. Not one.

And the reason that may be has to be because that even Kaldorei men believe they are less fit to serve as Elune’s voice.

Also, from a world building perspective, it is important to have those cultural differences. Even if you might disagree with them irl.

Edit: Like, do I wish my country was Matriarchal IRL? No, I don’t want that. I dont want to oppress men. I want equality between the sexes.

But Night Elves? I want total matriarchy. And that is what Blizzard has promised us. Yet they refuse to deliver

3 Likes

Yes, but then the question is do we want it in our games? And if it good for the gander to discriminate on the goose, why is the inverse not allowed? Why should orcs not remain a hyper masculine society that apperently treated women as inferior if the night elves can do that with men?

I’m pretty sure Lorekeeper Vaeldrin is a priest of elune:

https:// wowpedia. fandom .com/wiki/The_Arcanic_Oubliette

An Alliance member? Here? Elune be praised.

You have nothing to base that on.