When will the Alliance be humiliated?

Responding to other perspectives and arguments with “you only think that because you’re sexist” is a textbook definition of a deflection.

It’s not insightful. It’s not eye-opening. It’s not persuasive. It’s an attempt to shut down opposition by turning the conversation into one about the moral standing of its participants.

5 Likes

Renautus points out sexism well, but Akiyass is too quick to accuse people of being sexist.

2 Likes

Ren and akiyass are more alike than you think Done.

Aside from his Warcraft books I have not read his other stuff so I cant tell if he truly is or is not sexist.

As for why they addex this specific line, I assume it is for consistency. Heck, I am pretty sure they took word for word the discussion of the aspect about the demon soul during the Yogg fight from his book.

Can’t make a blind man see.

I like you more when you’re simping by mass liking my posts.

1 Like
1 Like

It’s easy to overlook but it does elicit a viceral response from most female players. This line feels like a slap or a reminder that women should not get comfortable thinking they are equal to men and I understand Akiyass’s viceral response.

Up until now Blizzard has only offered female players the illusion of equal representation.

1 Like

My reaction isn’t even visceral.

Have I insulted anyone? Have I resorted at all to ad hominem? I am talking about sexism in the Warcraft story. I am point out to people who seemingly don’t know, that the stance that are taking is, in fact, sexist.

I understand that might not be something they want to hear… But how exactly is is visceral? How exactly is that emotional? Perhaps y’all are just operating off the sexist “hysterical woman” trope.

4 Likes

nice bait…

2 Likes

It’s informative, and I do find it sad how there are certain posters here who are so quick to try and shut you down over it. Truth hurts and it’s people with frail egos who find it uncomfortable

2 Likes

If someone is incapable of seeing sexism in a story, it does not mean that they themselves hold sexist viewpoints. It’s better to try to explain it to them.

2 Likes

When we do explain it and than someone STILL denies it, than yes, that person is sexist

It was actually Micah’s post that had me rolling my eyes the most

Although I can’t exactly blame anyone for not being sure about that because these sorts of posts are basically the only ones Micah makes. It’s white noise posting except the white noise is farts.

You do realize you’re a complete joke on this forum right? Not that your opinion of me matters

1 Like

I mean, people can be sexist without being willfully sexist.

I mean, think white knights. Friendzone types. They typically see women as sex objects. Like a vending machine they can feed niceness and get rewarded with intimacy.

They don’t hate women. It’s not a known or understood viewpoint. They unwittingly objectify them. And that is why they feel wronged when they are rejected, and the descent into incelism begins.

I doubt Zerde sees women as sex objects.

He’s been pretty open about his sexuality.

I was just using White Knights as an example, not calling Zerde a White Knight

How is he being a white knight though?

There are people here who do openly admit to being redpilled and incels and you seem to ignore them completely.

That’s one thing I don’t get.

I get why this could have a negative response but hear me out. The whole exchange was because Malfurion was angry and more importantly didn’t seem to want to listen to Tyrande potentially defending or excusing whatever Illidan did. It wasn’t a “I am trying to dominate you woman” and more of a “No, I do want to listen to any lame excuses, tell me where my brother is”.

Hushing can actually have a softer connotation/familiar way of asking someone to be silent/quiet. Like someone going “hush, dear” something an old married couple would say to each other. Which is actually slightly more polite then saying, “silence dear”.

On that note, if Malfurion had said “Silence Tyrande” would you be ok with that? If not then what do you think of this particular scene(a scene where we have Malfurion “silencing” Maiev, and Maiev doing the same to Kael’thas):

I get what you are saying. I don’t think it’s in Malfurian’s character to be condescending to Tyrande.

But Akiyass makes a good point that this line is more about how Knaak wrote this scene than of Malfuruan’s characterization.

Knaak’s writing is problematic. Putting this line in game was deliberate by tye same people who thought it was edgy to have Garrosh tell off Sylvanas…writers with a history of SA and poor treatment of women.

There’s a way he could have said it kinder like you said.