When is live support chat coming back?

Yes they are, for billing issues like you mentioned.

The ticket system directs you to where you can get a solution. In-game issues are not handled by live support. That is why you don’t get the option.

The reason they removed the call-in option was because players were phoning for issues that phone support doesn’t do. Yes they would answer when they could, but it also meant that people with billing or technical support issues couldn’t get through.

5 Likes

No, I’m stating like, even if I make a refund ticket, live chat never ever shows up as available. The only option is web ticket, at all times, at least from what I seen. I’ll try again later today to see if that’s change, but every time I had checked, it was always just “web tickets only”.

I’d like to give you the benefit of the doubt, so let me see later on, maybe they changed it and I just didn’t give it enough attention to look at.

Nope.

Have a better day.

If you are that aggravated with me to try to insult me and be sarcastic, then why bother responding. You aren’t here anymore to contribute to anything but negativity.

1 Like

And this is exactly why you can only access live chat for certain issues now, this is why Blizzard no longer takes calls and requires a ticket that fits the required categories to receive a call back.

Players like you, who abused the ticket system (yes abused), are why it is like this now. You insisted on calling/ticketing for issues that you shouldn’t have just because you could and now are unhappy that you can’t reach the GMs the way you want to. You, and others like you, are why you can’t reach them.

You don’t need to discuss this with them. There is nothing discussing this via ticket is going to accomplish. Your heirlooms won’t work any differently. You won’t get a different explanation than the one given here as to how/why the work. All your tickets are doing is delaying players with an actual issue that requires a GM from getting help.

Just stop.

Heirlooms work the way they’ve been described above. If you don’t like that, you can submit a suggestion (via the suggestion feature) or you can create a post in General discussing how you’d like them to work.

This forum (CS) is for policy clarification (which it’s been clarified) and help with account related issues (which this is not). No change will come from posting here nor will you get the desired discourse from Blizzard.

Accept heirlooms as they are, or ask for change in the appropriate venue (not this forum or tickets)

17 Likes

Live chat is only for a small select set of issues, mostly related to Billing, Account access, and some Tech Support.

Refunds are not something they usually do via live chat. They have an automated tool that grants refunds now if you qualify, and if not you put in a ticket to have a GM review it.

What you are asking about is considered a “game hint” or a Bug report.

GMs are not allowed to give game hints and explain how the game works. They are also not the proper way to submit a bug report.

It seems, based on the replys here, that there is no bug. That what you want is to provide feedback about heirloom scaling.

Again though, seeing as they can’t give game hints and don’t take bug reports, there is not even a ticket option for that much less a Live Chat.

This article on what a GM can (and can’t) do might help.

13 Likes

The current heirloom system dates back to WotLK.
Heirlooms don’t increase when you hit a level high enough to start the next expansion.

That level is also the cap for the old expansion and they reflect the stats of the old expansion cap rather than the beginning of the new expansion.

Otherwise, people at the expansion cap who did not purchase the next expansion would be getting heirloom stats appropriate for the next next expansion.

To put it into the old leveling framework.
Your heirlooms didn’t get BC level stats until level 61, WotlK stats until 71,… even though you could start those expansions 58 and 68.
For all expansions, just because you could start them. At a specific level, it did not mean your heqirlooms got upgraded as soon as you stepped into the expansion content. You always had yo be one leveql into. The new expansion for your looms to upgrade.

5 Likes

It looks like most things have been cleared up at this stage so there isn’t much I need to speak to there. I wanted to comment on some of the following.

No, you wouldn’t generally be told to close the live chat and switch to a ticket because in most cases, even when you are using our support site incorrectly, our staff tries to provide assistance.

I understand that it is a better experience for you, Talayon, but that is not what Live Chat is for. By utilizing Live Chat for game related inquiries you are taking the place of someone with an account or technical issue that may be preventing them from accessing the game entirely.

Live chat has specific hours it is generally available, but all channels are scalable. Meaning, if there is cause we may need to temporarily disable a channel.

Also, keep in mind that Live Chat is limited to specific account and technical issues. I don’t believe a refund request is usually one that it is available for.

15 Likes

Quest xp is only applied when the quest is turned in. You can wear SL gear to complete the objectives and then equip heirlooms before turning in the quest to get the xp bonus provided by the looms.

The Heirloom bonus was changed, it no longer applies that XP bonus. The new bonus reduces the amount of rested experience consumed when killing mobs. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

It sounds to me like the primary frustration you’re having is that a GM told you heirlooms don’t work above level 49.

I understand your frustration. Not every GM plays WoW and sometimes GMs will use outdated/inaccurate information in their responses. It sucks that it happens, but it does, and I wouldn’t let something like this keep eating at you. Why let this ruin your fun?

Get your guy up to level 51 and enjoy the drastic iLvl increase the heirlooms will give you :slight_smile: Enjoy your weekend!

5 Likes

So it’s in time frame, and I checked yesterday too. Live chat services are STILL closed. I cannot contact them.

I was told they are available monday-friday, and the web services says 5:00 am to 3:00 PM PDT, which I am in the time frame for, yet the services are unavailable.

What kind of issue were you trying to speak to them in regards to? I’m showing them as available. They ONLY will do live support chat for billing issues. Nothing else. So if your tickets aren’t giving you the option for Live Chat, then it’s something that must be solved via ticket.

[Edit] Oh, you’re actually the OP. If this is still in regards to the heirlooms, there is nothing to chat about. That isn’t something they can do anything with.

7 Likes

Nah its nothing to do with the heirlooms, Im trying to just see if live chat is working. It’s not lit up for me, it’s completely greyed out. Im using firefox and such as instructed.

I was even given a direct link by a GM to the live support channels, and still cannot use it

Sounds like it’s a browser issue or something on your end then. I just tried pulling it up again and it’s still giving me a one-minute wait time. Again, for a billing issue.

If it’s not for the heirloom, you’re welcome to bring it up here as well and we’ll be glad to try and help. But if it’s for another perceived bug, that’s not for live chat to handle. I just know I saw you mention you use live chat for non-billing issues often, and that’s not why it’s there. That mentality is why we lost the phone options because people used it beyond what it was intended for.

4 Likes

can you give me a link directly to what you use?

I tried even going through transaction failure, and it’s still just blocked out completely.

Contact Support - Blizzard Support (battle.net)

That’s a generic link.

2 Likes

And it still says unavailable… am I like… shadowbanned from contacting live support? Because it’s always saying it’s closed for me.

No, this is usually an issue with the functionality being blocked.

Popup blockers, security software - even other software running that use overlays can do it.

1 Like

I dont have any overlays active, im using windows defender, and I disabled all my addblocking software on the website, and it still says it’s unavailable. I even tried on Edge browser, and my phone