When is faction imbalance going to be addressed?

THEY had an impact. You said people changed because Horde favoritism and OP racials.

Population mechanics are not game mechanics.

Do you want homogenized races? Because there is always going to be a slight advantage to something if there is variance.

If people are going to swap because 100 people swapped for a 0.1-0.5% difference then how is Blizzard supposed to fix that? Swap the 0.1-0.5% difference each expansion or patch and hope people follow?
We’ll see if that’s the case when Mechagnomes objectively the most broken race in the game is released.

You want me to name the people spamming trade asking for groups and guild members while they listed how many they were missing or how many bosses were done for their progression already?

Sorry, I simply don’t have such good memory.

Because there’s a large difference between “Hey guys let’s go have some fun in norm/heroic and try to get aotc!” and “Hey guys, let’s get a guild together and build a roster to push mythic. Which classes/specs do we need? How are we going to handle the bench? How will we handle underperformers? How are we going… etc etc etc” The jump up to trying for CE from just going for AotC (which can be very comfortably pugged by anyone competent) is massive.

With such a larger barrier to entry, it’s only logical for newer guilds to start in the place that already has the larger playerbase.

Horde way more players interested in pushing for CE. That’s the difference that people talk about when they talk about the faction imbalance.

This comes back to, once you’re at the stage of pushing for CE. Factions aren’t really the important player anymore. At that point… we’re all just players trying to beat the hardest raid boss in the game. And since almost every raid is inherently about the factions overcoming their differences for the greater good… I’m more than happy to have some mercenaries at my side.

What… Those dirty little… I"LL NEVER PLAY WITH THEM! DEATH TO THE HORD… well there goes my cross-faction plan…

Everyone joins Horde if they have that goal.

30% warmode buffs and Against all Odds giving heroic raid gear was nothing?
They addressed it, balance was improved, Blizzard lowered the incentive to match participation and players no longer felt the need to do it anymore.

When players only make a change for a reward the habit doesn’t continue.

Lmao ? what are you talking . . .like this is too dumb lol.

I was talking about top guilds going to horde and having an impact . Then you came saying about casuals because their raid failed ? .

I want you to tell me a guild who was from the horde that move to alliance , and make some impact. i dare you .

You cant , better go.

DUDE PEOPLE SWAPED BECAUSE THEY WANT TO BE BETTER AND THE RACIALS WAS A TOOL.

HOW HARD IS TO UNDERSTAND THIS.

I might need a moment to reply, I had promised my guildie I would level my hunter with him and I completely lost track of time by typing long responses… time to grind AV and hope for at least 1 win, heh.

Then you misread what I said. Because I was talking about big guilds leaving Horde and not causing a huge impact, because the raiding continued just the same even if they left.

I disagree, People go where life is good and they have best chance to excel and succeed and that is horde due to the Bias projected by the Devs, life Looks good on horde side everyone goes there if they want to push the envelope.

1 Like

But again . … what¡?! .

If a guild stop raiding in the horde even if they are limit , but they disband in the horde just because they want it . OF COURSE THEY WILL NOT HAVE ANY IMPACT IN THE GAME BECAUSE THEY DIED THERE LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL.

Is different disbanding because they move to alliance . . . .LIKE CMON IS NOT THAT HARD TO UNDERSTANDASHFSAGVASFG SAGVAVGBAGFADS

Can’t wait to see a bunch of guilds switch to horde next xpac.

Sadly I feel like at this point it is way too late.

Alliance needs some offensive racials. All of their racials are defensive. That works well in PvP, but is mostly useless in PvE when someone else in your raid can provide that utility.

I don’t need stoneform to break poison in a raid when a druid can just do it.

Almost all alliance racials are defensive in nature.

I say it’s “too late” because even if they balance them out tomorrow - that’s not incentive for me to switch whatsover.

1 Like

Most of them already have. That is why the Alliance is hurting competitively.

4 Likes

Sometimes I think story would help too. I mean patch 8.0 and that raid. WHY was the alliance there? We had NO story leading up to that. Just Bran randomly showing up in a dungeon (Which could have had back story but nooooo) which SOMEHOW lead us to the raid (Again some story here would be nice.)

And again the whole leading to Shadowlands, allies know nothing. It feels sometimes like ally story line is an after thought. Although I’ll give some leway here as this MAY be addressed.

I have a horde alt I used for a few achieves, and to get the mounts that are usable by both races but obtainable only by horde.

I WAS in a guild that was pushing M raiding, but it fell apart at the end of legion/start of BfA and the guild I’m raiding with now has dipped our toes into M in the current teir, but even here we have attendance issues.

Yep. And soon more to follow

2 Likes

I’m sorry, I’m launching WoW right now but I saw this…

The irony that saw this right as got a notification from one such thread it’s… kissy fingers muah!

Whatever dude.
Your entire post is just raging that you don’t like what anyone says. There is little discussion to be had with you.

3 Likes

I don’t understand the “It’s not a population imbalance, its a participation imbalance” argument. Seems like a distinction without a difference.

Alliance not doing high end content is a faction imbalance, regardless of whether its caused by lack of population or lack of organization infrastructure.

Just seems like a giant dodge to me.

1 Like

It’s got nothing to do with the devs. It’s all population dynamics. Why do people move to big cities? More opportunities even though the costs of living are objectively more expensive.

Same thing as WoW. Alliance objectively gets thebiggest bonuses, because heck they are the only ones who get them.
But people roll Horde because of the population and the opportunities even though they sacrifice those bonuses.

People talk about OP racials and Horde bias like it’s some in game mechanic to empower one faction which is just bull.

How do you fix racial imbalance? You don’t, it’s not a game mechanic. It’s a population mechanic.