When does Druid get better

ALL classes really get going right at 20…before that you are not getting an accurate representation of the class.

I have not cast a wrath since I got cat form, it is just way more efficient to kill in cat and powershift and HoT yourself into the next one… zero downtime, and drink zero water

I think at 20 when you get cat form, it becomes a little easier. As a hybrid you’re not going to do over the top dps, however you will have awesome utility. Also, while you’re leveling , you can fill any dungeon or questing group role with little to no gear swapping. Don’t get me wrong, I have done my fair share of corpse runs and at times it does feel a little more challenging. Just use your toolkit and find your leveling rhythm.

I’ll say this. I don’t remember exactly when I was like “wow, this is so much better”. But it happened around 30. And leveling feral is amazing because EVERYONE is looking for tanks.

That being said, Druids take a lot of work to master and if it’s just a fun alt to hop on here and there, I’d at least consider something else. You’ll need to macro everything too, or the class isn’t worth playing imo.

We’re talking Classic, not Retail, please roll a Classic Druid, level to 40 then come back and repeat that highly innacurate comment.

Shifting to feral costs about 1/4-1/3 of mana so shifting out to heal and or remove poison/curse then back to feral costs most of your mana. Killing single mobs is fine, even a couple if you shift out to Root them but mana is a big problem all the way to 60.

1 Like

Exactly this. ‘Of the tiger’ gear is your jam if you want to fite as a cat drood

Lol, warrior doesnt start going till 40.

Any weakness they have is made up by the fact that they can tank all the dungeons. So all the pre-raid gear is available to you, you just need a guild.

10-20 on druid is just about the worst thing ever. At best you can spec into balance and level a tiny bit faster to 20, but then you have to respec at 20.

1 Like

While mid 30s on Druid I got my Prot Pally up to the 30s as well, and cat form started to feel very powerful with it’s lvl 20 hunter equivalent dps.

Cat form, for sure. Start keeping a feral set and a castwr set - youwill be able to heal dungeons even as feral.

If you can, get a questing buddy. Your ability to heal them when things go south will keep things chugging along nicely.

Yes, we are the jacks of all trades (master of none) but the swiss army knife utility is fantastic.

You don’t even get ferocious bite until level 32. Cat form just spams claw basically. It’s barely even worth training anything else. Ripe/rake you only really use against mobs that run away.

I find his comment pretty accurate tbh, I have already leveled two Druids past level 40…

Yes shifting is expensive, but as long as the mobs are not too high level you can usually kill at least two before needing to heal which is enough to regenerate mana, you also get innnervate at 40 which helps to keep up the pace.

I agree that some mobs that leave debuffs on you are more annoying, that usually means I need to drink once between innervates.

2 Likes

sort of a vague necro

but i never felt “bad” as a druid even before bear

a tauren with huge hit box wacking mobs in mulgore and kiting; moonfire pull and an instant hot?

a root?

druids are overpowered even at level 5

gets better at 10 and exponentially better at 20

make sure you put points asap into feline swiftness (cat form with feline swiftness is better than travel form imo- at least when off road- access to stealth and fite and you dont deplete all your mana if you get forced into a fite in travel form)

I found moonfire good for when mobs run from low health early on. Its better than throwing wrath at a runaway and saves mana. Maybe its just the animation as a Tauren, but i feel like a barely move at all.

Also started an Orc warrior out of curiosity and its the complete opposite! All speedy zippy going from mob to mob. Still like my Druid more at the moment

It’s gets better at 20. I think thats when I got cat form and than it’s zoom zoom. I’m a 60 Druid tank.

Weapons are stat sticks. Choose the best one for your playstlye.

Biostats,

Put all talents in feral. At level 20 you get cat form plus 15% movement increase in cat. At 21, 30% increase. At 22, talent bear charge. Then you’re out of first gear.

Put your next five points into Furor in the Resto tree for instant rage/energy upon shifting. Then everything feels smooth and nice.

Travel form at level 30 is so beautiful you’ll cry.

Keep at it little longer! Druids are so much fun.

Edit: spelling, clarity

1 Like

This, before 20 it’s stupid slow. Though even with cat it never becomes mage aoe farm fast as cat is single target, but you will never have downtime or need to drink as long as you move through targets one at a time.

1 Like

Things picked up a lot for me when I hit 20 and got cat form. I could never keep enough rage to do much in bear form or enough mana to do much in caster. When I got kitty I could actually hit and damage stuff. I’m full resto now but I can still go kitty and dps to help my tank leveling partner take down mobs.

Druid is the best class in WoW period…

it is the only class that can fill any roll in a raid good enough to clear the content…

tank
melee dps
ranged dps
heal

so what if you don’t top the meters? you can get to middle of the pack, and also bring utility to the raid with buffs, LoP, battle rez(big one, when AQ and Naxx are around…guilds will be crying for druids)