When does Druid get better

Level 11 now and it’s soooo slow. One mob drains all my mana. Best form has one ability, maul, which doesn’t do a lot and takes a lot of rage.

20 @ cat form. But know that as a druid you will not be the best at anything and good at everything. The true Jack of all trades and master of none.

24 Likes

It should be better as soon as you get bear form. You can cast a spell or two, hot yourself, and widdle them down. Around 22 you’re in really good shape, because improved cat form talent gives you movement +30%. You’ll really start to zoom when moving fast and stealthing some quests. By the time you get travel form, you’ll be one of the fastest classes leveling, next to hunter and warlock.

8 Likes

Burning Crusade

62 Likes

Once you get Bear Form, the first few levels are still optimal to pull with Wrath/Moonfire and then finish in Bear, repeat. Bear is exceptionally safe to stay in if you prefer, but it is boring in that all you have is a single rage dump. That being said, Maul is plenty strong and as you level up, you can reduce it down to 10 Rage with Ferocity.

When you finally get Cat at lvl20, you can pick up the pace dramatically with Claw spam to Ferocious Bite, while still having the option of Bear for tougher enemies. By lvl20, Bear will have Bash (a stun) and Swipe to use as well. Also by this point you should be very picky about your weapon choice, going for whatever has as much Strength/Agility as you can get since the weapon DPS itself doesn’t matter in forms.

6 Likes

That’s partially true too… lol!!

Do my weapon skills matter in form. Like if I equip a mace and haven’t ever used one

Cat Form at 20 helps. But honestly I will take bear and NOT running out of mana over just caster and being a manaless hobo.

EDIT:
The only thing a weapon does for forms is you get the stats of it if it has any. Damage and Weap speed do NOTHING. Just a stats “stick”.

1 Like

Good advice there. Sometimes people don’t know that a weapon is just a stat stick for a Druid. Also, you don’t need weapon skill when shapeshifted. You’re always max with your claws/paws :slight_smile:

I actually enjoy it, I love Druid for the challenge, using all your skills to your advantage is how Druid is supposed to be played. Early levels you use everything pop moonfire wrath rejuvenate and bear form hit with maul. Boom dead. It’s a whole process you have to work with everything you have available to you. That’s what makes Druid diverse your not just doing one thing your doing multiple things.

4 Likes

Not one iota. You could literally luck out, find a +10 Strength fist weapon, have a single point in fist weapon skill, and be just fine. You use your claws in forms and their DPS is level dependent entirely. Its why later in raiding Druids started getting weapons with Feral Attack Power, AP that only we could get that was intended to compensate our lack of scaling.

Your best weaps for DPS will have both STR and AGI on them for sure.

Also, make sure you’re moving higher rank spells to your action bar as you train them as it doesn’t happen automatically. I could be wrong as I’m not a spell caster.

1 Like

Your correct, you do have to move them to the bar no matter what you play.

Definitely! If I have to choose though, I go for str first. It’s 2AP per str, and 1 per agi.

You do have to move them to the bar, but at least for rogues the skill ranks update when you train them. Spell ranks stay the same.

Ironpelt, good point. Prioritize STR then AGI since the AP conversion is a thing. I also recommend you learn 2H Maces since some of the best feral weaps are 2H Maces.

1 Like

Oh yeah, big time. Staves and 2h maces will be the lifeblood of feral druids.

I hope the OP is benefiting from all these good posts!

1 Like

“Often better than a master of one”

1 Like

How well would a Druid/Hunter duo leveling work out?

1 Like