When does Druid get better

Well my Classic Druid is only 37 because I’m leveling 4 characters, but so far so good thanks.

Unless there’s a huge change in the next 3 levels, I’m going to call my comment accurate.

Also, what part of improved cat form and travel form makes you faster, did you find inaccurate? I mean, I certainly feel faster with 30% and 40% movement speed buffs… I guess if you think that’s wrong?

Or was it the part about casting a few spells and shifting from 10-20? Because I did it no problem, and you regen mana while shapeshifted… so…

I don’t find this to be the case.

The only time I shift out of cat form is after killing something, when I need a heal or dispel or fresh buffs. I never dispel or decurse while killing something. Poisons and curses aren’t so harmful that they can’t wait till the thing I’m working on is dead.

1 Like

Yeah, I don’t shift out either, unless I get adds and desperately need to heal.

If I see trouble coming, I try to kill the one I’m working on then pop my travel form macro and get out of there fast.

That’s me in PvP… peace out, nice knowing ya! Lol

Cat form doesn’t feel complete to me until I get Ferocious Bite and Ravage.

1 Like

I think it felt ok, and getting ferocious bite was nice, but man… ravage is such a game changer. I’ve erased half of casters health in STV…

i always forget to mention that druids have a teleport and an afkable flight to thunderbluff

set your hearth somewhere in eastern kingdoms

it doesnt sound like much but it is definitely a qol benefit

2 Likes

I concur. I haven’t tried Druid horde side yet, but I definitely have my hearth in SW (convenient to me) and I use my teleport to get to Kalimdor. It’s nice being able to jump continents…

Playing on my druid seriously feels like cheating, sometimes. You can talent for a 30% movement speed buff before any other class. Bear form is sturdy, cat form has stealth. You have heals and can cleans poisons and curses. Let’s not forget about travel form and swim form!

Yeah, druid is nifty. 30 for all the basic forms, and 40 for dire bear (like plate, instead of mail.)

2 Likes

With a shield mind you… plate wearers are usually lower armor without a shield.

i agree

druid is the master of non instanced world content

stealth is op especially coupled with druid movement speed

druid is the only class where i dont die (not dungeon wipes) for months at a time

whenever i do die i usually will say “f it” spirit rez, teleport to moonglade, pay my “fines”/repairs at the night elf vendor, take flight to thunder bluff, rez sickness falls off, and i will be running an errand or something the whole time

not only is flight to thunder bluff long enough to drop rez sickness, but you also get the 15 min buffer of afk

so almost 30 min of legal afk time

i really find myself not ever worrying about things on my druid and it is really easy to totally change gears and ocd doesnt hinder me as it can on other classes

My opener is a macro, Tiger’s Fury followed by Ravage.

1 Like

Pfff… I block with my face.

Every class except hunter, who get 33% at level 20 and can talent it to 36% by level 21.

It sucks until you cat cat form. (but as was just pointed out, at 30 travel form is a nice bonus).

Even with cat form, which is an improvement, the classes don’t really start to come into their own until around the mid 30s-40s.

1 Like

alamo

10 char

1 Like

I got my Druid to 51 and just couldn’t finish her. I just didn’t enjoy it. I’m playing a Warlock now and it’s night and day. I absolutely love her.

I am going to be honest with you. It doesn’t.

Feral is the slowest cat I have ever seen.
You would think Feral Druids would be full of energy, attacking wildly at their prey. But no. You can do your taxes while you wait for your energy to regen.

Have you ever watched a cat attack something? They aren’t graceful or precise. They just hiss and maul at it until they win, or they just run away for no reason. Come on, Blizzard. Give us that.

Bear is also incredibly boring. Did you want 4 different ways to swipe at something? You got it, buddy. And have fun looking at your spells sitting on your toolbar, because that is as close as you will get to them. You won’t be touching most of them most of the time, simce they aren’t usable in Bear form.

I love Druids. Even in DnD, which I play almost weekly. But Blizzard has their animal specs wrong.