When did the community opinion on Calia change?

So I’ve been thinking, my opinion on Calia would 180 if they gave her the Jaina treatment. Force her to go through a traumatic illusion shattering event that makes her shed all her ideals and joins the rest of the Forsaken in their spiteful cruel pragmatism.

There’s a lot of catharsis in a story about a character who does everything right and still gets punished. Still sad they walked Jaina back.

That would kinda go against the whole Lightforged Undead aspect of it all if she just becomes like the rest. Be pointless if they did that.

Well yea, no one likes the whole lightforged undead aspect

1 Like

Some do hate it, not going to lie. Others are begging for lightforged undead because they so wana play a forsaken paladin.

But we already opened Pandora’s box, no way to put the stuff back in the box.

It’d be funny if they just retconned it out of existence.

Won’t ever happen, they threw too much story with that aspect of her just to retcon it now. When people said they didn’t like it, blizzard double downed instead.

Looks at Warcraft’s massive history of retcons.

Yeah, nothing is ever beyond possible retcon.

oh you are right, but this one is freshly new. They will keep it going for a long time before they pull a Med’a and 404 it, if they ever will. It seems they are going more into lightforged undead zone though. I mean, in that one dungeon, it was cool.

We’ll see. But it’d be very funny if they did retcon it. Super easy to do and it’d give a lot of people what they want.

Right now she is just another pretty light aligned princess whos personality fits more with Stormwind before anything else.

I mean, she is a princess of Lorderon. So yeah, she fits with their old ways. I guess that was what Blizzard tried to do, they are trying to go “hey, remember guys, these undead are still HUMAN undead” and not the scourge. A lot of people kinda forgot about that.

I guess it takes all kinds. I think what they did to Jaina (in MoP) was one of the worst narrative mistakes the game has ever made.

I still think Forsaken Void Elves and Trolls getting some kind of “Dark Paladin” that deals Shadow damage instead of Holy would be way cooler.

They are not human and never will be. They left that part behind. They are undead now. Calia does not fit into this narrative. She should go back to the alliance where she came from.

BFA and Shadowlands was expansions that almost broke everything.

1 Like

I guess they did the whole thing to remind people like you lol.

shadowlands was great actually. People are just biased because they hate all the attention Sylvanas got.

yes there it is. The actual worst expansion. Because it took off what was left of the already damaged Horde cast and squeezed in unwelcomed replacements with paper thin background.

Oh, I agree but some people have a hard-on for light wielding undead. I Mean, it is very popular now in light novels and webtoons. There is one called the Grandson of the High Emperor or something.

Bascially a necromancer who uses divine magic to bring back an army of the light who shoots out bullets made of light from his musket.

hmmmm yess…hmmmm…I see you for who you are now.

They were, but to be clear, when I talk about “what they did to Jaina” I mean what they did to her in MoP.

1 Like