When are you going to get over Teldrassil?

Nonetheless, it shows a weakness of their character. They are weak and we don’t need them, best direction for them is to face the consequences of that.

You might not have played the Alliance side of the War of Thorns. Daelaryn was the key lead of the defenders of Darkshore and the point elf of contact for the Alliance Champion. She was gutsy, determined, yet even found time for occasional moments of humor.

In other words she was a perfect leader in a desperate battle. If the fall of Quel’thelas had taken place in an MMORG instead of an RTS and players had been fighting on the High Elf side, Sylvannas might have had some of the same dialogue before the end.

Her fall was a double whammy of regret and tragedy.

27 Likes

When horde players get over playing second fiddle in Legion.

24 Likes

Oh traitors should get what they deserve and be executed, I fully agree. Those two can rot along with their new master for all I care. I just find the flimsy justification they used to give the Forsaken dark wardens to be ridiculous.

13 Likes

The quality of time is more meaningful than the length of it.

14 Likes

Today I discovered some people unironically like the most generic elf to ever exist.

2 Likes

Hey hey, what’s going on in this threa-

By the Arcan’dor.

17 Likes

I love that meme. There’s something hilarious about being able to convey abject horror in a character wearing a suit of power armour and therefore having no face.

4 Likes

When that filthy bag of rotting flesh and bones Sylvanas is hanging from whats left of that tree.

6 Likes

I, too, become extremely upset and dismissive when confronted with the fact that there are people whose likes and dislikes don’t perfectly match up with my own.

I’m here for you, Gawen. I just wanted to let you know that.

18 Likes

Precisely one year, five months, and seventeen days after the Horde gets over Camp Taurejo.

So, never.

16 Likes

I scrolled all the way to the bottom of this thread to comment this, but lo and behold, you’ve done it for me.

4 Likes

I like how the argument of “Teldrassil is still accessible you didn’t lose it” is used when this is the Story Forums and gameplay has no impact on whether or not something is or isn’t lost in the context of the canon.

People always talk about how night elves get “all this spotlight” as if that attention isn’t constantly to use them as the sacrificial lambs to satisfy the writer’s craving for edgy scenes. Storywise, the night elves now have no territory, none, zilch, that is theirs and theirs alone. Teldrassil is gone, Darkshore is in limbo, Ashenvale is in limbo. That is more than any other race has lost over the course of WoW’s lifetime, for the sake of a narrative that makes no sense and at the hands of an enemy they’ll never be allowed payback against.

Siege of Orgrimmar? You mean the city that is still standing in both lore and game, and culminated in the Horde being gifted Azshara and Stonetalon? The one where one single orc character of note died (and came back in Legion), while the other was allowed to escape into the next expansion? The one where, per the devs, only a small number of orcs actually supported Garrosh? Yeah, that seems similar, sure.

We’ll get over it when these edgy bait threads stop happening, which is never. I’m sure OP is lining up another “draenei are the most evil race in Warcraft” thread as we speak.

29 Likes

Go back to Hot Topic.

6 Likes

Can’t, I already bought out the store.

I’m not sure if it’s why the threads start, but they keep being egged on by an undercurrent of folks from the Discord that like stirring up the Night Elf fans, for their own amusement.

7 Likes

Or maybe it’s because literally every thread turns into a nelf thread.

It’s the edge of the season, basically. Blizzard basically handed it to them on a platter, coupled with the glee that those who hate the story direction will never actually get any sort of closure. Like catnip for them, back in the day it was threads about Theramore.

This… this is a nelf thread. It started as a nelf thread.

13 Likes

How Sylvanas like to say:

Life is pain. Hope fails. Now you understand.

And I think it was more than just some quote in warbringers, no, it’s a message from Blizz to Night Elf fans that they will not treat their favorite race better.

2 Likes

And was (likely) in response to the countless others that litter the forums, including the non-nelf threads converted into nelf threads.