When are you going to get over Teldrassil?

Blood Elf players whine about Dalaran all the time and that one can’t even be called a genocide.

27 Likes

WoT lost the night Elves their starting zone, their capital city, and Darkshore. Their warrior were resurrected and followed Sylvanas at the drop of the hat. Blizzard couldn’t even muster up the effort to give us a good reason besides Nathans snark and “Now is not the time to talk about it”

And not sure how SoO ruined the Orcs utterly or cost the horde anything other than another genocidal Warchief kicked out of office.

And yes I see plenty of Horde player whine about SoO and use it as the reason the alliance should lose another capital city.

57 Likes

You lost nothing.

Teldrassil can still be interacted with, it’s still in-game and came at 0 cost to the Night Elves culturally aside from being a narrative leaping-off point to turn them vengeful. Delaryn was a literal nobody that was created for the sole purpose of dying.

Orcs were ruined by dismantling everything that WC3 built the Orcs up to be in 5.4, with WOD further cementing that Orcs were always monsters and killing off literally every named Orc and leaving the position of Orc leader vacant until a tweet came out mid-WOD claiming it was Saurfang.

Yeah, they’re totally comparable.

16 Likes

For all our disagreements I can always count on you to tell it like it is.

2 Likes

IC, probably never.

OoC, already moved on.

1 Like

What’s with those weird anti-night elf posters and threads that have been cropping up lately? Is it RAF-caused or something?

12 Likes

eh, trolls i reckon, you can always tell by how they conduct themselves, always arguing other people opinions, never acknowledging anything or looking for common ground and doubling down on their supposed arguments.
anyway blizz needs to do a god tier writing now to appease the alliance, the honor horde and sylvanas loyalists, and i bet 2 of these three groups will be dissapointed, you guys care to guess who? or maybe they will subvert our expectations and make all three of us dissapointed, gosh cant wait.

7 Likes

Yep! And Orgrimmar is totally gone, No way in Fel you could possibly get that city back! And the Orcs in 5.4 didn’t seem much different than the orcs from WC3. Some are super warlike, a smaller amount are trying to do as Thrall does.

Nelves lost their home, a large portion of the people, and if you want to bring WC3 into this their is at least one post per thread that even mentions nelves explaining how they’ve been reduced from What they were in WC3. Welcome to the club.

You at least got to keep Orgrimmar after Garrosh was removed. Teld is gone from the story.

27 Likes

Oh, I see. You’re that kind of special.

I guess there’s no need to even argue with you, then. If it feeds your victim complex, keep thinking you’re right.

2 Likes

Since op only did this tread to bait salty fellow nelvs im not going to answer honestly and tell him to try harder. 0/10 bad troll.

11 Likes

Lol ok I’m playing the victim here. Well if you ever wanna explain what you mean besides saying “This ruined the orcs forever!” Hit me up.

6 Likes

The night elves can get over to it 5 years after blood eves get over the purge and taurren get over camp taco

12 Likes

I can’t write it any simpler.

Narrative-wise, Orcs were butchered utterly and lost all their characters in 5.4, WOD butchered them further and BfA was the final nail in the coffin.

Narrative-wise, Night Elves are more interesting than they’ve been in years and lost 0 named characters.

Going “omg i lost my city” doesn’t matter because you can still visit it if nostalgia is why you liked it. At least it isn’t like Undercity where it goes boom served 0 narrative purpose and nobody ever brings it up.

2 Likes

Thats becayluse narratively the undercity was empty while teld still held tons of civilians who were burned alive.

20 Likes

NEVER! OUR DREAMS AND HOPES WILL NEVER DIE! AVENGE TELDRASSIL!
(but leave my Banshee Queen Alone!)

being serious… probably i’m already over it cuz I knew how sheit it was and Shadowbringers and Eso mended my wounds about story driven mmo.

but as a NE fan since war 3 I miss the mysterious forests that covered the whole north of Kalimdor, as of now they’re just a memory of a dream…

6 Likes

Are you sure about that? Most are lost in books, though there are two who are now undead minions of the the Horde.

9 Likes

Ah yes, Delaryn.

The wonderful character who’s been with us since… the burning of teldrassil?

Such a significant loss.

If I had to pick two, Alliance and Sylvanas loyalists. If I didn’t I think they’re going to disappoint all three.

For me it’s not that they died but that they joined the butcher who committed genocide against their own kind. That’s a ridiculous course of action no matter how Blizzard try to justify it.

27 Likes

righto, i think so too, still its not very johnny cash to alienate more than half of your fanbase.

2 Likes

Fandral went the usual Alliance Charater Route (Raid Boss), several named highborne, several named Priestesses, an entire Silverwing Sentinels camp. The problem is that you are talking about a faction that gets most of it’s lore in novels, short stories, and comics.

9 Likes