When are you going to get over Teldrassil?

So you agree that Azsuna happened before Stormheim then.

1 Like

If azuna happened first does that mean aliance members executed those forsaken sailors for no reason?

Why would you ask that when I clearly said there is no canon evidence of it?

The only thing you claim as proof is that you found a letter from a stranded sailor. That letter could have been found after Genn ambushed Sylvanas, or while he was doing it, since we do not know how Blizzard will end up making sense out of Legion’s story issues.

The letter is not the reason Anduin sends Genn to Stornheim. The letter could have been found at any moment in the timeline. Finding a letter does not mean it happened before Stormheim.

The ships were wrecked. The sailors were stranded. So the news on that letter was old news. It does not confirm a timeline of events.

I played Legion as an Alliance first. I didn’t do Stormheim until last. So the rampant Horde murdering seemed out of place… - but they were Horde, so , who cares!?

Murdering helpless stranded sailors vs Quest experience… not hard.

i believe there was originally supposed to be a sequence in which you did the zones back in the alpha, but then they changed it to let you do any zone, but kept that quest where you find the letter in, making it weird

2 Likes

You are still wrong with no proof to back any of your claims. None! All you are talking about is game mechanics and your own subjective feelings about it. There is nothing else but insults coming from you.

1 Like

The problem is two-fold. Having a roster of characters exist is important, but development is necessary as well. Blizzard can magically create Horde leaders and call them Johnny, Bobby and Sue, and it won’t mean squat. In fact, in terms of the recipe for good story-telling, development trumps all.

And here’s the paradox caused by the faction conflict scenario - the Horde characters will inevitably be in conflict with Alliance characters, because since Horde identity has always been portrayed as the “scrappy, resource-deprived, underdog team trying to survive”, they will also always have to be aggressive and “be on the offensive” to take resources needed to survive. So the narrative for every Horde leader will always revolve around them leading the Horde on the attack/taking from the Alliance.

And now for the other shoe to drop - the Alliance deserves its story as well. So if Horde is always going to be on the offensive, then Alliance will always start on the defensive. And the story can’t go from there to Alliance defeat, because that’s the end of the story. (Think of every horror movie where the audience groans at the stupid decisions of the victims. Well if the victims make the “rational” decision, we got no story, lol). So how to split the difference? Boom - kill the Horde leaders that caused the aggression, and Horde players get a story, and alliance players get a story. The unintended consequence? Horde roster never really develops to be on par with alliance.

How to solve this? I firmly maintain that the factions need to be split back to their WC-era. If you want to develop each race and their characters, you need to separate their identity from the faction conflict. Mechanically, this will do wonders for the story (because the #1 rule of story-telling is “show it, don’t say it”, and mechanics is how WoW “shows” things)

P.S. How do you quote another poster? I want to quote someone else in the same post.

1 Like

I have proof. The proof is in the game’s design and release. You just dismiss it as “game mechanics”, as if that means anything.

You have no proof that finding the letter canonically occurs before Stormheim. You can claim “its only game mechanics!” but you have no proof of that, either. What is certain: Legion was released without a canon zone timeline, and players could begin the adventure as they chose. They could have done Stormheim first then Azuna.

Which backs my original point - the canon timeline is up in the air. It has not been stated or clarified.

Finding a letter on a sunken ship does not provide any proof of which event occured first in canon. Since the letter is not why Anduin sends Genn and Rogers.

I didnt even insult you in that last post. I wanted to - but I avoided it. I tried to be polite. I guess I should have insulted you anyway, if I am going to be accused of it.

Which is not lore.

Also what is said when you turn in the letter. Honestly I have more than you do.

1 Like

Probably never - because the Alliance story never gives emotional closure for these things. And the response is always to get over it and focus on the “big picture”.

The problem is that since Blizz keeps ramping up the emotional impact of these things, it increasingly stretches credulity that the Alliance would focus on the “big picture”.

7 Likes

The sequence of events is lore, and you have no proof of what you are claiming. Meanwhile, the option to experience the sequence of events in Legion was given by the game designers.

Your head canon does not trump the game’s designers view of the story and lore. Or how they choose to have players experience it.

As far as your dismissal of “game mechanics” - Walking up to the sailors and picking up this letter is “a game mechanic” too. But you somehow build a whole timeline around this “game mechanic” while dismissing other “game mechanics” that do not fit your desired narrative.

I guess game mechanics dont count if they disagree with your head canon. And they only count when they support your head canon.

1 Like

Best option, imho, is to just click and drag over the section you want to quote and then hit the “quote” button that pops up once you let go on the mouse. The forum handles the rest.

I usually highlight what I want from one post - then click quote. I write my comment about it, Then do the same for the next quote :

I use my phone for the forums. Idk if it is different on a desktop.

The one thing I would say - the most recent quote always goes to the bottom. So you may need to reorganize your post with each quote.

(I just quoted you here because it was the funniest phrase I saw. In order to show an example of multiple post quotes)

It’s not head cannon no matter how it interferes with yours. You really seem to not understand what game mechanics are and how they pertain to the storyline of the game goes. Receiving a letter to pass on and be told that it’s going to the Admiral is part of the story, starting just anywhere is not.

1 Like

Yes. It is.

There is no confirmation from Blizzard about which zone comes first. Legion was released so any zone available can be done in any order. The letter in Azsuna could have been found at any time - it does not mean Azuna is first canonically.

More importantly, the letter is not the reason Anduin sends Genn and Rogers to Stormheim. So there is no reason to think it was found before they left. The letter could have been found at any time.

So, yes, inventing a timeline that is contrary to what Blizzard released is your head canon. Blizzard released Legion without an established canon zone order, even if you invent one.

However, I do not claim any timeline, because I acknowledge Blizzard left it open to the players. Blizzard will have the final say when they get around to parsing out the order of Legion’s events. That is not head canon, that is the state of the situation.

1 Like

It’s pretty clear that you have to be trolling because nobody is this clueless.

1 Like

Oh boo hoo. I am being called “clueless” and a “troll” by a lowbie Alt Forum Poster who spews head canon that the game itself contradicts.

What ever shall I do.

If only I avoided personal attacks like you…

I’m over it. Sylvanas was just trying to force Blizzard to remodel our old cities. Now that she’s made sure Darnassus and The Undercity are getting remodeled, she’ll work on Stormwind next. She never kills anyone important when she comes to visit with her wrecking crew, anyway.

2 Likes

Enjoy the thread. I’ve got work to do.

And here is the kicker. All of my Horde characters found it and gave it to a nice, friendly Forsaken NPC in Dalaran.

That’s the problem with people trying to claim that Genn and Rogers were aware of the note and what was in it. The Horde has the same quest.

Until Blizzard says otherwise, it’s ambiguous as to who found the note, when it was found, and what happened to it.

3 Likes

This pretty much is the whole core of the thing. It is ambiguous, and nothing further can be said. Genn, Rogers are neither condemned nor exonerated by this, and claiming anything to the contrary is just an exercise in attempting to whitewash or blackwash one side or the other.

Honestly, uncertainty is preferable in cases like this, for our purposes. Blizz isn’t exactly known for consistent, cohesive lore on this sort of thing, and the ambiguity allows flexibility, as well as a degree of fair interpretation. Much like the early Cata fighting. There are certainly posters who have found their hill to absolutely die on there, but the best part of it is the fog of war “who started this horrible mess”.

9 Likes