When are we getting normal flying?

Not really actually. More like just given up.

There are are ton of times where I wish I could just use my regular mount.

Anytime I’m trying to land on a branch for a treasure, or fly from one mob to another during a WQ, or just farming herbs/ore … in fact just about any time I’m not trying to fly between WQs or clear an entire zones distance.

So yeah we don’t have to get rid of old flying to make way for DR. Personally I prefer the precision of old flying 9/10 times.

If I wanted a flight sim, I’d go play that.

15 Likes

You can just say that you want it, you know. Trying to conjure up this specious “vast amount of players” doesn’t help your case.

3 Likes

This is another stupid reason the keep using not to give us flight. If I fly up high and land on one of the tall towers with dragon riding and go afk how is that any different if I fly to the same spot and hover at the same spot.

6 Likes

#makeflyinggreatagain

2 Likes

QFT.

I find hover useful in other ways. I was trying to find a cave entrance for a quest on my dracthyr and kept flying by on dragonriding since the other option was to be constantly fighting mobs (which is annoying and something that’s important to avoid as much as possible). I eventually had to afk to look up the entrance on wowhead so that I could continue questing. If I was able to use regular flight, I would’ve enjoyed searching for that cave entrance on my own. Regular flight would give me the finer controls and ability to hover that’s important for me when I’m trying to find something. Dragonriding was too fast with too little control for finding the cave entrance that I needed to find for a quest.

13 Likes

By the way I’m not advocating removing DR. I’m saying let’s have both.

Personally I would prefer it if we had mount famillies, with different strengths. DR for high-speed acrobatics, etc.

Water mounts for faster water speed.

Horses are 350% ground speed or something like that.

So on.

7 Likes

Learn to fly, this ain’t rocket appliances.

Regular flying is better than dragonriding in the most important way. I can aim my mount at my destination, hit numlock and walk away from the keyboard. When I come back I’ll be at my non flight path destination. Dragonriding is fun, but I need this utility. Additionally I can walk away from my keyboard instantly without having to land somewhere.

1 Like

Sorry idgaf about comments from people with hidden profile

I gather just fine, i think its more fun that way , than plain auto pilot

1 Like

Great! And some people find it more fun the other way. Which is why options are good

2 Likes

I know only if life worked with options lol

Don’t care, would still use normal flying over dragon-riding

6 Likes

LOL Okay then!
:saluting_face:

Seriously, if we were in here debating about mythic content, I could understand if I had some over-the-top crazy and controversial opinion about it, yet my profile was hidden. But really now? This is flying were talking about. Get real.

1 Like

Probably unfeasible for mounts outside of pre-existing drake and protodrake mounts, but I’d like to have the option of having dragonriding enabled for those mounts to use on Dragon Isles. :smiley:

There has been some release from Blizz about the pathfinder requirements but we still do not know all of them. So far:

1. max renown for all factions including cobalt assembly
  2. gold achieve on all regular and advanced dragon riding races
  3. M+ 15 three or more dungeons completed OR 6 bosses on Heroic Raid complete
  4. Loremaster of DragonFlight

We have not been told the rest yet though

Have a link for a source for this information? I’ve not seen any of that at all.

1 Like

Normal flying?

No no no my sweet summer child. You all complained about wanting to fly at the beginning of the expac. This is your reward. Reap what you sow

Pretty sure they’re just trolling, especially with the dungeon requirements lol I couldn’t even imagine

5 Likes

15 or so months like previous expansions.