When are we getting normal flying?

Just because it doesn’t trigger it in you doesn’t mean it will for everyone. My mom used to play oldschool text-based MMOs but quit when they began integrating 3d graphics. She never could handle them

4 Likes

I say, insofar as our dragons can still swat them out of the sky, let’em have it! Word of advice: turn WM off, because every single PVP player will knock you out of the sky any time they see you on your slow-moving horsey. :grin:

We have gotten conflicting answers on this. One interview said we will get it mid-DF from a pathfinder-esque achievement. Another interview said there will be no flying because dragonriding is supposed to replace it.

Look back at past expansions, you’ll be waiting a while.

Maybe on the forums…

In game people dread normal flying now.

Maybe it’s just me, but I’ve seen a bunch of people on their old mounts around

Damn the Dragonrider lovers can’t stay out of no post. It needs released now I let my sub run out I ain’t waiting around forever on blizz it’s not like dragonflight is anything special just another wow expansion with even crappier flying than what we had

4 Likes

Well yea I use mine to for certain things just like I use the taxis and the gateways

It’s not about ‘feeling realistic’.

It’s literally the most common ailment in gaming.

Do some reading; Willful ignorance is no way to go through life.

2 Likes

Yet here you are, crying for regular flying to be removed.
:woman_shrugging:

8 Likes

Losers like that guy prefer to dictate how you should enjoy things in life. Even if it doesn’t impact them in any way.

No reason for anyone to be against normal flying because they prefer new flying. No one will be forced to use one over the other. Just let people enjoy how they want to enjoy.

12 Likes

Going from point A to B dragonflying is definitely better but for gathering and lots of stops blows. I like both and would use both for different things.

6 Likes

you’re not the same as everyone tbh.
some can’t feel motion sickness from it, while some can, blizzard attempted to help with this by making options for this in the menu, but thats only a small percent difference to some people.

normal flying might be best for them.

1 Like

But why? How does regular flying impact you? Is it hurting your enjoyment in any way? If they gave you the option, you can choose what you want. Why do you think you get to decide what is joyful for everyone? Is it just because you like to tell people what to do? Do you not understand people aren’t the same as you?

11 Likes

They announced it will happen in a blue post, the when is the question.

Make a ripcord topic.

If you think this is what players want, start building the pressure and see what Blizzard can do.

Blizzard seems more responsive than in the past. How long before they pulled the ripcord on Covenants? I think allowing regular flying on the Dragon Isles would be interesting and ultimately okay.

LET DRAGONRIDERS DISMOUNT THE NORMAL RIDERS MID AIR!!!

However, the challenge of dragonriding is probably also a part of the game… like, a slightly difficult thing you need to learn to get around… more than simply a mode of transportation.

Old flying is simply a transportation method. Dragonriding is that and it has that added skill requirement to keep players engaged.

Normal flying on the Dragon Isles would be so slow.

I have 2 level 70 out of the 20 I normally level and I’m done, I can’t take dragon riding any more. I want to log in and play but I’m tired of the headaches. I’ll finish the lore master quests and call it quits until the give us what we have earned many many times in the game.

I so tired of this stupid war on flying. This expansion was it for me, I’ll never buy another with out flight again. Dragon riding does everything but hover and dragon riding is faster. So all the reason they said the did not want to give us flight at the beginning of a expac just flew out the window.

6 Likes

It does feel like this every expansion.

6 Likes

They tried to spice it up with dragonriding, which is nice, but did they ever ask what the players wanted? I think a vast majority of WoW players enjoy the normal flying… AFKing mid air… not crashing if you sneeze…

11 Likes