When are we getting normal flying?

It has been very clear and obvious that there are a vast amount of players who want the ability to use their normal mounts for flying and after the work that has gone in to collecting some of them who can blame them? Doing certain quests and gathering is a complete pain and annoyance to do with dragon gliding so when are we going to get normal flying?

102 Likes

Soon. - Blizz

12 Likes

What’s with the hostility for no reason? No one (or almost no one) is asking for dragonriding to be removed. We just want to play in a way that’s more fun to us jeez

79 Likes

10.1 with pathfinder

9 Likes

let them get regular flying, its vastly inferior to dragonriding anyways.
I legit want my cloud serpents to be converted to dragonriding.

31 Likes

The players asking for slow flight actually seem like a pretty small minority from what I’ve seen. Personally I just want to be able to dragon ride with my normal flying mounts, though I do think they should allow slow flight on the Dragon Isles too for those who prefer it.

As for your question about “when” it will happen, no one knows because Blizzard hasn’t even announced if it WILL happen.

16 Likes

Is it? Most people seem to be enjoying dragonriding. I know that I’m never going back unless forced to.

36 Likes

normal flying is not getting expanded any further in Dragonflight.

so… 11.0 ? maybe? unless DF replaces it.

4 Likes

I don’t, dragonriding abilities would look bizarre while riding a flying horse or a gyrocopter. Gyrocopters also shouldn’t lose the ability to hover in mid air.

12 Likes

I accept that there are a lot of people praising dragonriding right now, but even if regular flying is a minority, that can still mean a lot of people

26 Likes

Odds are regular flying will come when it has been for Pathfinder since WoD. So I suspect 10.1 or later, which would probably put a release date for it sometime in the summer at the earliest, next winter at the latest.

I think the lack of huge petition for it and the generally positive reaction to dragonriding is what Blizzard has been searching for to phase out old style flying since they’ve been trying to reduce it for years.

2 Likes

Speculation about how many people do or don’t want this is pointless as nobody here has any actual data. However, everyone still has flying in all the places they had it previously. Nothing has been taken from anyone. This is known.

3 Likes

Maybe we’ll get lucky and they’ll take out pandaren at the same time… Your race was always one of the biggest mistakes this game has ever made.

8 Likes

I’m guessing you didn’t see the roadmap Blizz put out? 10.1 is planned to launch in the spring:

2 Likes

Oh, I did just didn’t remember the full layout. I also have trust issues with Blizzard actually releasing things on time so while the roadmap is wonderful to see, I remain skeptical of them sticking to it.

That said, it doesn’t change my belief that old flying is likely going to be gated.

3 Likes

Yeah, and it’s telling that there’s nothing whatsoever mentioned in any of that about a Pathfinder-type thing for, or implementation of, regular flight.

8 Likes

And this is what has me worried and encourages me to keep this conversation going because that would suck for me and others like me

17 Likes

It has been very clear and obvious you will get old dirty ridiculous flying after you complete pathfinder 1 and 2.

1 Like

Ok but he’s right I’m sick of people crying literally for everything, regular flying should be removed and 100% replaced with dragon riding, regular flying is slow, stupid and outdated.

10 Likes

I don’t see any reason why it would be, it’s inferior to dragonriding in almost every way.

3 Likes