When are we getting normal flying?

I don’t get motion sickness when I do it myself but I rode with a friend the other day and I had to stop. It isn’t the graphics, it is something to do with the movement.

the forum vocal minority != vast majority

Hopefully never.

Regular flying is so 2000’s ago Grandpa. :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

What Rhuor said is the part that worries me and is the reason I want to keep talking about this

Show me where they are so I can tell them off. Me and the people I’ve talked to have wanted to keep both systems. We should be advocating for MORE options/playstyles instead of less!

9 Likes

Full-Fledged Flying Planned for a Later Patch in Dragonflight - Wowhead News
The link/quote to Ion saying this is in here

6 Likes

Thank you.

Yeah, I do think it’s worth discussing, honestly. More options is always better, I’m just having a hard time shaking my “believe the worst of Blizzard” mentality after the last four years, lol.

Hope we can see it sooner rather than later, not that I’ll be using it at all.

3 Likes

I think people should not just blindly trust a pretty .jpeg of a roadmap from Blizzard.

But I think Ion has every reason to deliver the best Xpac since WotLK. Once this aquisition by M$ goes through (and it will, the FTC has no case and theyve lost nearly every one of their challenges over the past few years) theyre going to come in and put who they want in his job. If he wants them to want him he needs to deliver. Otherwise he’s going to need to update his resume.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they didn’t add legacy flight to the Dragon Isles. It would just be weird and yet at least a bit funny, just blowing the doors off people poking around on old mounts. It’ll be like taking T-model on the Autobahn.

:dracthyr_hehe_animated:

Im not for bringing back our old mounts but here’s a compelling argument people tend to not think about: Blizzard is a very leftist company (California… duh!), meaning it doesn’t have to be a majority or even a real minority, they’ll always virtue signal to the minority (whatever number that is) to show they’re listening and care.

I’ll be pretty damned surprised if pathfinder doesn’t show up sooner or later.

1 Like

Dragonflight is off to a good start, but BfA and SL have me jaded. I’m just enjoying the now without thinking too much of the future, because the now feels great and I haven’t played this much in years. Ion has been doing better, too, I just…I don’t know, I’m not fully willing to trust him yet, even with Microsoft on the horizon.

1 Like

Some skepticism is definitely warranted. We’ve heard a lot from him and the company in general but it’s important to wait and see if they follow through. When people keep reminding me that they said they’ll add regular flying later, I feel like it’s normal to remain suspicious

6 Likes

My bigger concern is what ms plans to do. Theyre 100% going to try to figure out how to have an xbox / pc xplat WoW and i just hope that doesnt mean less buttons to press so the console peasants arent gimped

3 Likes

Motion sickness? Are y’all playing WoW in VR and not telling anyone? :laughing:

1 Like

People can get motion sick from playing videogames on a computer monitor. IDK what you mean by this

2 Likes

That’s kind of their MO, hah. They tell us things, they have been for years. Hell, the meme with Ion is “we’re listening” and that rarely means they actually are (or they’re too far down one path to change course, which is another issue entirely).

We have plan of theirs, and it LOOKS good. But then, so did Garrisons at BlizzCon. So did Torghast on Alpha/Beta. They’re great at initial impressions, but definitely not past that.

Also a genuine concern. Despite pretenses, Activision very clearly impacted WoW, growing more and more obvious over the years and not for the better. I worry what impact Microsoft will have after seeing that.

1 Like

I must be playing on a potato with a screen covered in Vaseline or something then. Cause it just doesn’t feel realistic enough to trigger motion sickness.

When enough people quit, like always.

3 Likes

TBH I had a feeling the other day that dragonriding felt sort of like it would be better on a controller? If I think about Spyro which is often compared to it, it makes sense. I feel… weird about it

As someone who recently almost broke her Switch because of one of the flying challenges in Spyro, I can honestly say mouse and keyboard makes this flying so much better. :joy:

But I can definitely see that.