When are we getting normal flying?

I can’t see Blizz taking normal flying out of the new zones and expansions forever, not with the work they have put in with all the normal flying mounts, artwork and such, no reason that both can’t exist at the same time anyways. I like both for different reasons and what I’m doing in game.

5 Likes

That’s your opinion. Regular flying is literally a more enjoyable experience for me. I don’t want to go fast or swoop around or anything like that. Not to mention that it’s much better accessibility-wise. Why do people keep asking for it to be removed?

37 Likes

you mean the 30 people who each made their own thread about how they were too old, had arthritis, were missing an arm, or whatever their reasoning for not being able to hit space bar a few times to go up high and then point in the direction of the location they want to go to? or how all they want to do in the game is afk hover in various places on their mount?

5 Likes

100%! But like I said above, I get a feeling this is Blizzard’s next step in trying to remove that old style of flying like they tried to in WoD. If people generally prefer dragonriding, they don’t need to add in regular flying. And if Blizzard is consistent in anything, it’s their pendulum swing of one side to the other, and middle ground doesn’t exist.

2 Likes

OK this one REALLY irritates me, why is there no way to disable that keybind so that spacebar ONLY jumps when on a dragonriding mount!? I have an MMO mouse with Skyward Ascent bound to one of the many extra buttons it has, so it’s annoying to waste vigor randomly soaring into the air when all I was trying to do was jump over a little pebble or something that my character got caught on.

So if someone uses the vastly superior dragon riding flies up and lands on a high peak and goes afk that’s different than if someone flies up and hovers right beside you, the hover person is overpowered? It’s the same thing and you know it.

12 Likes

Always weird to see someone saying something like this as they whine on the forums because someone wants something that’s more “warcraft” than the current ‘flying’ system.

The players that like dragonriding are a small minority from what I’ve seen.
Then there’s the issue of accessibility.

8 Likes

They did say it will be added, but not when. My guess is the next major patch 10.1 estimated for this spring.

I’ve never once seen anyone say this in-game. I have only seen the people of the forum make this claim. But then again, people in the game are actually playing instead of complaining.

2 Likes

they said it will be added, people need to calm down on this subject jeez…

not to mention the very aggressive people that dont want to have it, or dont want dragonriding to be a thing.

like come on, i enjoy my dragon riding, let folks enjoy what they want!
also i wanna dismount those bot farmers that try to farm Rousing Ire

1 in 3 people are highly susceptible to motion sickness. It’s literally the first thing when you google “how many people have motion sickness”

Which can be triggered by dragonflying. You’re being super dismissive of what people are actually saying.

I don’t have any disabilities or motion sickness that keep me from doing it. I’ve got all the glyphs and I’m perfectly able to do the mechanic. I just don’t find it any fun. It detracts from my enjoyment of the game. If all dragonriding is for you is to “hit space bar a few times to go up high and then point in the direction of the location they want to go to” then that sounds pretty afk/braindead to me, which is the criticism usually applied to regular flying.

18 Likes

I suspect gathering is going to be a pain with regular flying as well since they move so much slower and the nodes are spaced so far apart.

1 Like

I hope regular flight is activated in the time like it has been done since WoD about a year into the xpac. Dragon Riding is just fine and working well until then.

When did they say this? Do you have a link? Unless I missed something Blizz hasn’t given an actual definitive answer one way or the other, only vague non-committal statements like “We’re excited to see how the players respond to Dragonriding.”

they said they are planning on adding it

I wonder if it’s the fish-eye effect they put in for high speeds that causes that, if so then simply giving players the option to disable that effect would probably be a much bigger help than enabling slow flying would be (I DO still think both versions of flying can coexist though).

2 Likes

amen, brother

2 Likes

well blizzard’s not gonna let us not ride our favorite mounts in DF arent they?

I cannot take your statement as anything other than an unsubstantiated rumor without a link to something where an actual Blizzard employee said that.

Proper autogyros shouldn’t hover at all. I’d love to have the option to fly my gyro like a real, honest-to-de la Cierva autogyro.

1 Like