When are we getting normal flying?

I don’t use add-ons or handynotes, either.

It doesn’t take a long time to find the stuff once you know the places they get tucked away. Pull up the achievement for seals, see what you’re missing and go putz around that area for a couple of minutes until you find a tower or a mountaintop with a thingie floating over it. Puzzle solved.

Because I don’t get to use the mounts that I chose for myself up to this point?

Because I don’t need a flight mini-game from developers who claim not to have wanted flight at all?

Because I don’t think dragonriding solves any of the problems flight has been restricted for supposedly causing?

How many more reasons do you need, judge?

Your posts would lead me to believe you’re a nosey, presumptuous, paranoid control freak who wants to dictate to other players how a video game should be properly played, which is Peak Gaming Dork behavior, instead of just minding your own business.

Good thing Blizzard just proved all that Pathfinder nonsense was arbitrary garbage and that flight can be turned on, on day one, without it. The entire basis for having a Pathfinder has been destroyed.

7 Likes

This is one of them scenarios where I 100% want all Dragon Riding players to complete a survey and Blizzard officially post the results of. Because every single person I’ve talked to do not want normal flying back, including myself. Dragon riding all the way for me.

1 Like

But, Dragon-flight

1 Like

So what’s your argument? I am still lost. Accept the fact that we’ll never get flying turned on again on day one.

It will be some arbitrary hurdle to go through every expansion.

You can assume all you want about me. You’re the one getting all worked up about this.

You didn’t know? This is the internet, when someone complains it’s not them, it’s “everyone”

/sarcasm

And Blizzard has even less ground to expect us to accept it the next time.

I’m not all worked up about it, Mr. Nefarious Reasons. You asked questions (and also pulled stuff out of your butt) and I answered them. Don’t want answers, don’t ask questions.

My question is why are you so anxious to defend a 6-week-old video game mechanic that you will flat-out lie about people who don’t like it?

4 Likes

And I still disagree with you.

Until the game designers come on this thread and post verification, you have NO “fact” whatsoever. Absolutely all of your supposed “facts” are speculation.

But it’s obvious that you’ve chosen your hill to die on; that’s fine.

Those of us who disagree will stay on ours.

6 Likes

You don’t like it, you don’t speak for everyone. Thank goodness for that.

1 Like

True, I don’t like it.

And, true, I don’t speak for everyone (and didn’t claim to), which is why I don’t want to make dragonriding go away forever for the people who do enjoy it like you do with regular flight.

RPGs should be about choices and those choices mattering. Not about being led around by the nose by developers who claim to know best while making the same mistakes over and over again.

4 Likes

I think they should blend the older worlds’ hover flying with dragonriding’s momentum flying. Having to wait on the ground or fly in circles to gain momentum is a bit ridiculous. It’s like the dragon’s wings don’t know how to work to hover but can flap them to 810% speed.

1 Like

Neither do you. Thank goodness for that.

3 Likes

No you are not willing to share the game with people who do not like or can not use your new shiney. Its equivalent to people in SL wanting all dungeons and raids to be structured like Torghast. Or people who like the brewfest ram racing mini-game, wanting all ground mounts to work like racing rams.

We (my family) quit. All subs terminated. If you prefer classic flying mounts to Ram Racing v2 flying mounts, then you need to end your sub and tell Blizzard in the exit survey, that forcing DR is why.

I was willing to live with DR but because of people like you, I hope that DR never leaves the DF zones and you have to leave it behind like we had to leave behind the SL abilities and Pocopoc.

Am I triggered and angry? Darn right.

Your precious has cost me my joy in WoW which I have played for close to 18 years. Microsoft/Activision/Blizzard will not get another dime from me and my family until we can play WoW without having to ever touch DR.

7 Likes

You and others like you that unsubbed over a game mechanic never really enjoyed playing the game anyway.

wrong. getting rid of normal flying would cause a ton of people to unsub. thats not good for business.
yes you may still be here but your account wont bring their bottom line up at all. it will take all of us to keep playing to make Blizz profitable.
airswimming vs dragongliding. keep both. old flying in new zones also.

5 Likes

Aye, and we may also be No True Scotsmen, laddie!

3 Likes

No, it isn’t.

Actually it is.

2 Likes

They’ll put it in eventually but you have to remember this Dragonriding system is a big part of the expansion so they’re not going to rush regular flying in.

What they need to do when they add regular flying to DR zones is put Dragonriding in the entire game world. Let US choose which we want to use.

1 Like

lol. do you always reply without reading first? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah, in June… Which is closer to summer than spring.