When are we getting normal flying?

You mean in YOUR opinion “it’s bad for the game”.

7 Likes

yes, with reasoning and precedent provided. The counter to it so far is “But I wanna!” and “moar choice = moar good”

How? Be specific.

If others want and love this Dragon Flying that is fine…I just want my normal flying back so I can use my druids too their full potential…druids in flight form are the fastest herbing characters around…nobody can out beat a druid in flight form that is herbing.

As much as I love Undeads Humans could say the same about Undeads as well

to quote literally the next sentence,

Thats it. Airswimming with infinite hover gives an advantage to world traversal, gathering and mechanic + NPC avoidance that puts anyone who doesn’t want a trivialised world at a disadvantage. Dragonriding is faster, it’s more engaging and rather than just remove airswimming with infinite hover as they tried to do in WoD, there’s now something to replace it with. I hope no current expac has legacy airswimming, not because I don’t want people who enjoy it to not have fun but, with compassion and respect, because it’s bad for the game.

Either way, i would like a use for my preorder mount. I really like that one.

1 Like

More choices are good. Neither side of this debate is going to change the others mind so it comes down to which option Blizzard chooses. I think they would anger a lot more people by not adding normal flying than by adding it.

As for botting it’s already being done with dragon riding.

6 Likes

If they give the dragonriding mechanic to every flyer mount in game, that’d be fine and Ion Hazzikostas will be absolutely correct when he said “Long term, flying with your regular mounts is still the plan.”

Not always. Would it be good for the game to give people the ability to fly in PVE instances? Of course not. Similarly, just like the PVE instance analogy, it’s bad for the world of WoW game to have airswimming+infinite hover back in current content.

Bull pucky… You’re one of the #noflying people from WoD… except you’ve changed your song this time… You now realize that Blizzard is committed to keeping flying so you’re just changing your song to be a contrarian once again… #opinionflushed

3 Likes

And like infinite hover+airswimming, it shouldn’t be tolerated. Botting throughout the game and airswimming in current content. For the good of the game, because it allows people to disengage from the game and trivialise terrain, NPCs and mechanics.

We’re back to your opinion… you or I don’t have the final say on what’s good or bad we just have our opinions.

6 Likes

blizz boot lickers love doing that.

1 Like

The removal of flying in WoD was a good step done hastily because there was no better replacement. The removal of flying in DF is a good step done after years of planning, with a proper replacement. Far fewer oppose the removal of airswimming in DF now that they have something to replace it with.

Another one of these threads? It’s your opinion, no it’s your opinion. Nobody gets the irony when they say “it’s your opinion?” Of course it is, that goes without saying.

This thread should have been finished with “noted /10char” – that is unless anyone actually has the answer on when (and if) it’s being reintroduced to the Dragon Isles. Which they do not yet.

That first sentence tells all I needed to know. :rofl: :wave: :wave:

1 Like

Sounds like magic and sorcery to me.

The problem is some people think their opinions are facts.

3 Likes

Agreed.

Yes. Mine are backed by fact and precedence and supporters of legacy airswimming have two specious reasons so far:

a) “But I wanna!”
b) “moar choice = moar good”

I’m yet to hear an argument for why it’ll be better for the game if people have airswimming + infinite hover back. There’s a reason so many MMOs don’t allow airswimming or, in many cases, flight at all.