When are we getting normal flying?

Yes.

1 Like

It’s cool. Makes my book mark of his fail into an epic fail.

2 Likes

Should stop that.

1 Like

No.

1 Like

It’s already been shared in this thread.

“During the Dragonflight Developer Roundtable on Twitter, Game Director Ion Hazzikostas clarified that full-fledged flying is planned for a future Dragonflight patch!”

3 Likes

Not soon enough. Fixed your quote from Daddy Blizz
:see_no_evil::hear_no_evil::speak_no_evil:

3 Likes

Fixed your quote!!
:speak_no_evil::hear_no_evil::see_no_evil:

2 Likes

No, he says “Long term, flying with your regular mounts is still the plan.” which Wowhead INTERPRETS as meaning a DF patch and could just mean they want to implement dragonriding with the regular mounts, which is fine. even if in 10.3 they allow you to dragonride with your regular mounts, you’d still be “flying with your regular mounts”

Ion is a lawyer after all, should read what he says carefully. He never specifies that it’ll be in 10.x and he never specifies that the airswimming-with-infinite-hover legacy flight model will be used with the regular mounts.

Well I guess we will eventually see who is wrong. :woman_shrugging:

I’m going to interpret “Long term, flying with your regular mounts is still the plan.” to mean normal flying other wise he would have said “Long term, dragon riding with your regular mounts is still the plan.”. Unless I hear differently and I don’t mean from the selfish anti normal flying cult.

And for the record after getting all the glyphs I do find dragon riding somewhat fun but there are still prefer normal flying for. It’s really simple we should have BOTH.

6 Likes

I like regular flying for gathering. Dragonriding is great for getting around fast but when I’m looking for herbs, it’s a pita. Esp since the mini map doesn’t show what kind of herb it is anymore. Grrr.

5 Likes

Your additional opinion is also noted.

I still disagree.

We can have both.

8 Likes

Yes, if he wanted to upset people clinging to legacy airswimming before an expansion, he could have said that. But if they don’t want dragonriding to have all this work put into it and then ditch it, which would be a disaster, they could just have dragonriding applied to regular mounts and his statement

“Long term, flying with your regular mounts” would be totally correct.

That’s hilarious because ruining the open world by insisting on infinite hover and 360degree movement to skip terrain and nullify game mechanics when we have a superior flight model is the height of selfishness.

It doesn’t ruin anything except your personal perceptions.

Nobody’s trying to take away your new shiny, you’ll still have it.

Let people make their own choices, your way isn’t the only way.

7 Likes

I’d say at least 11 or so months before we seeing normal flying allowed 
they got to their money worth out of that Dragon Flying 
as for gathering its a royal pita esp for my Druids that herb
I hate it now having to use a dragon to herb with 
yes I know I can stay mounted and all but that is not the point
the point is I made druids for seamless herbing in flight form not on the back of a mount.

4 Likes

I want to fly unbridled by forced dragonriding. I am a dragon. I have wings. I want to fly dammit.

3 Likes

It is very selfish wanting to ruin other peoples enjoyment because you think dragon riding is “a superior flight model” it’s just a different model. I’ve yet to see a single pro normal flying person asking for dragon riding to be removed. They can coexist.

I’m not selfish
 I HATE M+ and think it was one of the WORST things ever added to the game but I know a lot of people enjoy it so I don’t think it should be removed. I simply ignore it.

12 Likes

Exactly! I made my druid for herbing and mining.

4 Likes

This is all i want, to be able to use any mount with DR.

I would rather have a toggle and use any mount with either flight mode.

3 Likes

I don’t want to ruin your enjoyment I want airswimming with infinite hover removed from the game because it’s bad for the game, just as unchecked botting / item duping is bad not just for botters but implicitly puts even non-botters at a disadvantage. Allowing airswimming puts even those who don’t want the open world to be trivialised at a disadvantage if they don’t use it.

Not convinced? If they allowed flying in PVE instances but gave people the option to use ground mounts or flyer mounts, people who didn’t want that instance experience to be ruined, in, say, Spires of Ascension, would be at a disadvantage if they didn’t use flying to avoid the tough packs and bottlenecks.

Literally what botters and multiboxers said. And its good for the game people can’t choose to multibox and botters are not tolerated. Choice is not automatically good.

People ground ranks in their bank guilds to get Have Group Will Travel for their alts but it’s good for the game that it was removed even if it meant their effort was rendered wasted. I have had a tauren druid gatherer since Cataclysm but it’s good for the game that the effort taken to have characters optimised for gathering is wasted in DF. And I can always gather the airswimming way in legacy content.