When are Void Elves getting Paladin?

You do? Since when?

I hope the only way they get the class is by having a class skin for Void Knights.

I’m pretty sure that the Tyr’s Guard was going to be their blanket explanation for paladins being playable as all races. A bland, insultingly uncreative explanation. Fortunately I am also pretty sure they’ve dropped that plan. I believe they saw the myriad of feedback about what an awful thing that would be. Not to mention their quick rewrite of orc priests to make them actually culturally relevant to orcs rather than just being human priests but green.

They have already started laying the foundations for void elf pallies though. If I were a betting man, I’d put five bucks on us getting them in Midnight. All that elf business going on. It just feels right.

I actually like this idea, because with gnomish blood they won’t have to rely on kaja’mite for the smarts, and goblin blood means there’s more of a carnal desire for adventure and enterprise. The strengths of both, the weaknesses of neither one.

Almost like protoss and zerg coming together in their destiny to become one and perfect as ordained by the xel’naga. This was meant to be stopped in StarCraft’s story because of the cosmic consequences.

So how wouldn’t this be something of a true master race?

go play a blood elf tsssk.

I’m certain the theory would be as an engineering prodigy. Possible the genetics might end up similar to what dnd offers. :8ball::robot:

https://findle.fandom.com/wiki/Gnoblin

1 Like

You’ll get Paladin when it’s lazily given to all races, including Orcs, like when Warlocks were given to all races during their weird Darkmoon Faire questline.

2 Likes

A goblin sees the harm it does to the environment and feels bad he goes off to the cenarian circle, or just a green thumb farmer goblin who uses his druidism to produce better crops for profit while also enriching the land as his payment for the druidism. Its not that hard. Theres also one goblin thats pretty much a druid but hates the name forgot his name tho.

1 Like

If all speculations are true, in Midnight.

Warlocks had some reasonable connections for certain characters. Even a Broken for Draenei and a member of the Shadowmoon for Mag’har. :robot::thought_balloon:

…although it was odd that Mag’har trainer is messing with vials when the background in WoD had Voidwalkers and souls stones. Just my nitpick. :new_moon:

The proto goblins were also created by Freya until Mimiron fed them Kajamite. It’s slim but there’s a connection. :microscope::robot:
https://hearthstone.wiki.gg/wiki/Kaja%27mite_Creation

1 Like

The problem is that Paladins are inherently, physically imbued with the power of Holy Light. Void Elves are inherently touched by the Void. These two things cannot co-exist.

I’d personally say that we should overhaul the distinction between “Race” and “Heritage” or culture. That way, you can have “High Elves” that can be Paladins, but not specifically Void Elves.

Similarly, maybe you have “Forsaken” as the Race, with an option to choose if you want to be Undead (which also cannot coexist with being a Paladin), or a new “Survivor” option, who are maybe still skinny and malnourished (maybe they had been previously captured and tortured by the Scarlet Crusade, so they still hate them), but are technically living, thus allowing them to become Paladins.

Or the Draenei, which I think should also have “Eredar” as a totally separate option, with all your red-skin Fel variants, who are much more befitting a Warlock (or Demon Hunters, who could use some additional options).

they don’t wana make them available yet
:beverage_box: :dracthyr_comfy_sip:

Pretty much almost everything. Except in Druidism. All of the druidic races would have to unite against them? Some scary stuff. Both goblins and gnomes don’t dig the nature stuff, and goblins barely dig into the elemental stuff.

Goblins are expansionist, but their successes were limited by deficiencies of wisdom. Gnomes have the wisdom to make things work well in their own places. Gnomblins would have all the makings of a NPC enemy race that every other race must defeat lest they be subjugated to them.

It’s natural vs. mechanical. Most races enjoy a happy medium, even the gun-loving Tauren. Trolls and elves would not like the manifest destiny of gnomblins.

Idk, Lightforged Warlock and Lightforged DK seem to disagree lol.

I get whiplash every time I see someone suggest that the “high elf” customization void elves currently have somehow isn’t enough and that expanding it should take priority over the race’s actual theme, which has been here since the race was introduced post-Legion and has yet to receive any updates. No one does this with any other subrace. I haven’t seen anyone demanding that Blizzard put priority into giving draenei more eredar options, a second set of heritage armor, and the ability to have their nameplate read “Eredar” instead of “Draenei”.

Before they gave almost everyone warlocks and introduced a velf paladin NPC, I was heavily opposed to velf paladins for a number of reasons. One of them was the whole “paladins are infused with Light, priests just channel it” thing, which I guess has been discredited, but I think it was mostly just because their proponents are insufferably persistent on demanding them and mostly want them to fulfill their Alliance high elf paladin power fantasy that, as I’ve said before, is almost entirely based in fanon, because paladins are only iconic to blood elves and high elf paladins are very few.

2 Likes

Why would that be lazy? There’s plenty of interesting angles they can take with mag’har and orc paladins. I think they should be a reformed and redeemed burning blade clan. Maybe even tie in some reverence for Rukhmar, being that she was a sun goddess who wielded the power of the light. Sure, she is dead right now. But it’s not unheard of for fire birds to be reborn. Kind of like how the burning blade clan could be reborn!

I’m just annoyed with how they were given to everyone in a single patch, and with little fanfare.

There just was a token race of every NPC that could newly become Warlocks.

Idk, it felt like the bare minimum, to me.

Didn’t even take place in the Warlock order hall or anything like that, just out on Darkmoon Island… for… reasons?

It just felt extremely out of the blue for me lol.

Legion was already dealt with too, no real reason to have “more” new Warlocks at this point in the lore. It would’ve been fine if it occurred during Legion.

I just couldn’t shake off the feeling that it was rather uninspired, just shoved in there so people could enjoy their new locks.

1 Like

Absolutely never should be the only answer.

Oh fair enough. I remember quite enjoying it to be honest. But I’ve never been a primary warlock player so I don’t have a strong emotional connection to them. Actually I remember appreciating them including a lightforged in the story, given their contentiousness. Just to give some kind of a voice to why one of them might start dabbling in warlock magic. Whether it was enough I guess is up to the individual to judge.

I actually appreciate that they took the time to make the LF Warlock a bit complicit, because of his race, and he ends up being a key character in that scenario.

I just felt, overall they could’ve done “more”, especially when it’s something as big as giving a class to new races.

Like, I almost want there to be as much effort as when we get a new race, but I understand that’s not really feasible.

It just would go a long way for lore immersion.

Also, reusing class order halls is something that I thought wouldn’t be too hard, just introduce new races to already-existing lore characters of specific classes.

When I made my Worgen monk, in DF, I noticed they actually added a human monk NPC before you get bitten, it was cool to see.

I just like stuff like that.

1 Like