When are Void Elves getting Paladin?

Without any good elaboration to the why & how:

Hopefully never :blush:

If they can become paladins, honestly they should 100% throw out the name ‘Void Elf’ on the race and change it something else :person_shrugging:

:sparkles: The Compromise :sparkles:

The only exception I’ll accept, is if they give all Void-Elves some void-spell aesthetics for all their ‘holy’ spells — after that, sure yeah for sure go for it :partying_face:

• Alternatively if they give some lore explanation like them using the power of the void and converting its power into light, akin to how Naaru can transform to & from void or light — I’d be happy with that too … However having it explicitly stated would be preferable.

Although it wasn’t ideal, they at least gave some recognition to the Draenei reasoning with their warlocks – even though it’s not as directly against the lore as void-elves + paladins, it was still nice to see they put in some effort, other than none at all.

So ultimately - If they can give some good lore-detail? – Then I’m all for it.
If not however? Then I’m 100% against it.

2 Likes

I want them too, but not till they make them available to all

The lore is, they just can.

1 Like

Yeah, hence why I said GOOD lore-detail. :joy:
:person_shrugging: Simply saying “Oh nah we’re eclipse knights” – feels sort of like a lazy excuse than a good lore-explanation.

If they further explain eclipse knights doing the thing I mentioned earlier →

Them using the power of the void and converting its power into light, akin to how Naaru can transform to & from void or light

I suppose I’d be happier with it.

1 Like

By 12.0, i have information

Why cant i be a Pandarean Demon Hunter?

I dunno, I quite like the idea of them doing it through sheer force of will. It feels akin to the original lore of the blood knights.

I mean in the Blood Knights case, they took power from the Naaru M’uru — using the being as a power source from which the Blood Knight order could siphon the Light. After of which, they tapped into such power with that force of will – However they attained the divine spark to achieve that from elsewhere.

1 Like

Voidelfs are the very anti-thesis of the Light wielding individual a paladin would be. This is even more of a contradiction then a Forsaken Holy priest. Yes, they are allowed now but supposedly suffer immensely when they wield the Light. A void elf paladin would be in the same situation. The reason why would need to be either a regret about taken the void in to begin with or a different backstory when the void was forced upon someone against their will.

The idea is kind of cool if done right. Noticed how voidelfs occasionally gets charged up by the void and their skin turns black? Imagine this ability getting replaced with something else causing the Light and the void fighting each other causing the paladin to first turn black only to immediately have the Light step in and flush the void away. This would be a purely optical thing, nothing that would unbalance the character.

In any case I first misread the request to be about Nightborn paladins and that would work just fine. The bloodknights would teach them.

I vote we rename Void Elf to Bad Elf. :smiling_imp:

Because they have bad hair, and bad lore. A fitting name for a bad elf.

3 Likes

Hey that’s not nice. Only the men have bad hair. The void is real tricky like that. It might give you lovely voluminous hair, or it might make your hairline crap out.

1 Like

So, still bad hair?

1 Like

No spell pushback in PvP is like having 10% more haste.

The teleport is clutch in PvP too, even if on too long a cooldown

1 Like

Void Elf Paladin… do you implode when you Divine Shield?

Ooh you can go blacklight mode and reveal all the impurities around you… stay out of my room!

Both of which literally go against established lore, yes.

In all honesty, some of these options should have never been added. Although really, Lightforged Draenei, Void Elves, and Undead are really the only offenders, as they’re the only races who are inherently affected by magic.

I think workarounds could exist, it would just take a bit of work on Blizzard’s part. I would genuinely consider rolling the current Lightforged options into the standard Draenei (since they’re all “Draenei”), and remove the “Man’ari Eredar” options and turn THOSE into their own Allied Race. Being Fel-oriented, it would totally make sense for them to have Warlocks (probably losing Paladins and Shamans in the process), which not only makes more sense, but is also a lot more interesting, imo.

The elf paladins that are important to me are night elf paladins. Delas Moonfang has been a paladin for many years by this point. My pally has been waiting for a race change to night elf since the paladin Legion class hall gave me hope that Blizz would actually finally allow us to play night elf paladins.

Void elves… I wish the devs would focus more on the void aspect. That’s been neglected. There’s some great ideas for starcursed customization options for example. The void aspect has been watered down too much already; void elf paladins would make that problem worse.

1 Like

Probably not for a while at least, if they are doing it. They said no more race/class combinations are planned at the moment.

Michael Bybee:
Yeah, I hear you. I think a Vulpera Paladin would be really cool. You say race restrictions, we say a bunch of extra animation and artwork that we have to do to make that work for a Vulpera Paladin. Unfortunately, especially Paladins and classes that have a lot of extra abilities, it does require work from the team to be able to make that work. Every time we talk about it we feel super passionately about making that. But at this time, we are actually not ready to announce any additional Paladins or other class extensions beyond what you’ve currently seen.

4 Likes

either never, or when they finally manage to put racial specific stuff on animations…

like dark paladins.